The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just now, Scipiotik said:

I wouldn't like first floor Post Office with apartments above because that's not very realistic. I've never seen that in the US from small towns to big cities post offices always seem to be a building unto themselves.

Maybe not, but it's very common in the UK and Europe. Often it was the home of the manager.

I wouldn't like first floor Post Office with apartments above because that's not very realistic. I've never seen that in the US from small towns to big cities post offices always seem to be a building unto themselves.

Does anyone know the details of the discount on the Palace Cinema that is coming up?

You should find more info on your Lego shop page, it depends on the country you live in. (For instance in the Netherlands there will probably be a 20% discount on the BB)

Also about the possible postoffice; its still a rumor, so it also might not be true :/

Does anyone know the details of the discount on the Palace Cinema that is coming up?

I agree it is atypical but so is a pool hall/detective's office/bakery but that won't stop TLG.  I'm even speculating on a 16 wide adjacent to a 16 wide.  Post office next to a....?who knows.  Just saying I can't fathom an in scale 32x32 2 or 3 story ALL P.O. building.

7 hours ago, Sammael said:

Jamie has draft designs for next 10 years worth of modulars ready, so unless something changes (like their sales drop off), there is no reason to believe the line will end.

Where did you hear that.

Agree btw that there is no need to panic that Ninjago city means the end of the modular line. I see it as a completely separate (but compatible) set

Just now, nikhkin said:

Maybe not, but it's very common in the UK and Europe. Often it was the home of the manager.

A european style provincial post office with an apartment above would be great - maybe as part of a split set like pet shop. 

The other half half could be another townhouse, giving us a bit more variation for minifig housing!

Edited by ElectroDiva

True, guess I have no clue what it's like in Europe! So it appears US store doesn't have the sale preview that other nations have. That's too bad. Of course I wouldn't mind if Brick bank was for sale either. Looking to get back into modulars after a long lay-off (got the cafe corner when it came out and nothing since).

10 minutes ago, ElectroDiva said:

Where did you hear that.

Agree btw that there is no need to panic that Ninjago city means the end of the modular line. I see it as a completely separate (but compatible) set

From Jamie himself, at the presentation he held during 2016 Skaerbaek Fan Weekend (or the one before, I don't recall exactly).

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

If you look back at all the major releases from Lego over the past year it seems that they almost always make official announcements during the second half of the month somewhere from the 18th onwards. Also for the past 3 months they have announced one major d2c set right at the end of each month...

August 31st - Millennium Falcon

September 27th - Joker Manor

October 31st - Taj Mahal

That looks pretty darn great. No need to panic, take it chill and never swallow huge news like a new modular building. You have to savour it.

And Post Office. I see no reason why they wouldn't go with it. Something along the lines of the last pre-credits scene of Monsters University would be pretty cool. You know, tons of letters packed, cardboard boxes stacked everywere...

If that turns out to be true, I see no Post Office in one of those orange or yellow buildings I envisioned :cry_sad:

And since the last two modular names have been Lego puns, we could suggest ideas for a Post Office! Mine's "Tile Lettering Enterprises", suggest yours, that could be fun!

It runs a rumor that for years not a modular building but two will be possible, some brickets forum that in another forum possessed that.
It will be possible ????
Someone can help me.

3 hours ago, Scipiotik said:

The old 'pics or it didn't happen' argument. Here you go from Brooklyn, and another from Philadelphia, or the one in the John Hancock building in Chicago...

Oh my... My wife would roll her eyes so hard if she saw me with a lego strip club. Then she'd probably surprise me on date night with a home-made minifig costume.

15 hours ago, koalayummies said:

How about a bunch of narrow buildings!

And your snow-covered modular street is most excellent. Wonderful change of scenery. 

Those narrow houses look good! :thumbup:

And thanks for the compliments! This was second and also last of my advent windows, as I moved then away from that little village. I just heard, that the kids were very disappointed when they saw the 2016 window - without any Lego! ;-)

37774643484_987969a672_c.jpg

Edited by GCO

13 hours ago, Goldenmasamune said:

There are lots of things the modular could be.... What are some things that you think it could never be?

A Train Station.

This can't be stressed enough.

36 minutes ago, RogerSmith said:

A Train Station.

This can't be stressed enough.

I have never understood why anyone thinks a train station would work. It gets brought up by so many people and it simply can't work. 

Glad to see someone else who realises this. 

3 hours ago, nikhkin said:

I have never understood why anyone thinks a train station would work. It gets brought up by so many people and it simply can't work. 

Glad to see someone else who realises this. 

Me neither.

I suspect either a lack of grasp on what defines a modular building, or a total lack of grasp on how large even a smallish train station would have to be to even remotely make sense, and how a train station usually is structured regarding both its own architecture and the city architecture of the surrounding area - they never are a single building smack-dab in the middle of a regular city street, and for very good reason...

The only way you could create a modular with a connection to trains is by either creating a house with an upstairs passthrough for an elevated railway (there were/are very few real world examples for that, and some builders have managed to pull off something like it in Lego form, albeit usually utilizing the monorail due to its smaller loading gauge), or by creating an entrance building for an subway station, similar to what, for example, is found all throughout London for the Underground. But an actual train station modular is bound to fail, badly.

Just now, Doge said:

640?wx_fmt=jpeg&wxfrom=5&wx_lazy=1

From this website: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/yImC2g_UF4mGAM1S4bxsZw

Also props to spig0909 from reddit.com/r/lego for being the original poster!

PS: When this picture will be removed, it will mean this modular is confirmed! :wink:

Looks authentic(ish)....

maybe, could be...

but they just recently did Parisian Restaurant, a diner is so similar.....

i was hoping for more diversity...

p.s. : thanks for sharing the image btw, i was so sick and tired of no information, even if this is fake m glad to have seen something atleast...

Edited by Axylius
post script

I think it is fake because of the use of modern faces, there are no classic ones in the pictures like in the other modular sets.Nevertheless it looks official!

It's a nice cheerful and detailed building! It's also a type of building I wanted since I saw the dinner on LEGO Ideas.

There's a stair on the left or is it a corner building?

Woaw, it looks awesome. It'll surely stand out among the other modulars.

I hope it's real, though I'm intrigued about the non-classic faces.

21 minutes ago, Doge said:

Oh my gosh, if that's real... *oh2* :cry_happy:

6 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

I think it is fake because of the use of modern faces, there are no classic ones in the pictures like in the other modular sets.Nevertheless it looks official!

It's got to be real despite that, I mean, look at those arch bricks in Light Aqua, they don't make them in that color yet! 

Does anyone know of any modular MOCs like that? 

Edit: Wait a minute, I believe those arch bricks (the ones first introduced in the Expert Beetle) are actually done in the newly reintroduced shade Dark Turquoise!

Edited by Digger of Bricks