The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

7 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Hospital/Medical hint...!!!???

No :laugh:
Should of course be "Patience is a virtue" :grin:

I have to some degree symptoms of a reading disorder, so can sometimes result in a few (funny) errors :wink:

I don't think we will see a rerelease of an old modular. They just announced the Taj Mahal. And for the 10th anniversary they combined features from past buildings. Now we should get back to normal modulars (32x32 base plate). I'm still wishing for a police station (or a post office), but a remake of the greengrocer would be also great!

10 minutes ago, ddavid said:

Now we should get back to normal modulars (32x32 base plate).

Surely, that leaked price tag was $160, so has to be a 32x32. Now you're all going on about rehashes or big Post Offices/Hospitals. Don't really think so. Something in the lines of DO or PR is what's more or less to be expected. There was quite a popular thread some months ago called "Bootblack Street" if I remember correctly. Also another one more recently called Old Town Pub I think. Both show how a 32x32 modular is meant to be done nowadays. 2 even 3 buildings maybe one hiding behind an alleyway, feeling warm and enclosed, having lots of nice "photo" opportunity places if the building existed in real life, with a middle floor that is infinitely repeatable and intricate roofing. Would love if they did another sloped roof. maybe not in PR's style but differently. Those are seriously lacking. We got enough loaded up with flat roofs every year, for a change it'd be great.

1 hour ago, paupadros said:

Would love if they did another sloped roof. maybe not in PR's style but differently. Those are seriously lacking. We got enough loaded up with flat roofs every year, for a change it'd be great.

OMG, I’ve just realised why I think the PR doesn’t fit in with the rest of the street I have. (PR, PC, DO, BB, AS), It’s the pitched roof.  Non of the others have them. Ok AS has the middle building but stuck in between flat roofs. It lends such a different character.  

I agree, and a pitched roof building might also take away the American feel I think my street has.

16 hours ago, jus1973 said:

I agree, and a pitched roof building might also take away the American feel I think my street has.

Adding to my previous point, there has never been a pitched roof facing the street in a modular building. Maximum Market Street, but that's the closest we got. By "facing the streets" I mean opposite to the direction PR roof's goes (back to front instead of left to right). There could also be added some dormers with their tiny little roofs and windows. That'd be pretty cool :wink:.

Also, a never-tried concept in a modular is setting the house some studs away from the street. That would allow one of those ultra amazing wrought iron fences running around the perimeter of the house, and a small garden acting as a front yard. Something like this thing I built around summer in a week or so (not sure I've showed this anywhere, maybe I haven't).

36336069306_af6b434f76_b.jpg

For the record, this is based on Casa Vicens, by Gaudí, in Barcelona.

I think Ninjago City was the ‘2018’ modular. It was just released early to coincide with the movie. 

Edited by gotoAndLego

Just now, gotoAndLego said:

I think Ninjago City was the ‘2018’ modular. It was just released early to coincide with the movie. 

It isn't a "modular" though. It's a Ninjago set.

The modulars are creator expert sets. They are a separate product line to the Ninjago sets, and the Ninjago city, whilst having connectors, does not linkto the modulars properly.

They’re in the proper place to connect, I just think in its this year’s modular.

35745225083_dc0e98ab0d_c.jpg

Or more to the point, I don’t think there will be a creator modular this year but NC is out if you want something that conn3cts with them.

Edited by gotoAndLego

If you have a building against the back of the Firebrigade you can’t really drive the fire engine out that way despite there being an exit for it.

The back door is still accessible, and there is another route for the fire engine to leave. Nobody ever said the rear doors were specifically for the vehicle. 

The doors are obviously sized for the engine to exit or enter and there is an additional door for the figs to exit the back. The AS alley doesn’t really go anywhere either.

Edited by gotoAndLego

The point of modulars is there being certain co-relation and links between them, All modulars link up perfectly together, from the front-end atleast, there sidewalks combine together, all have a white street lamp, whereas Ninjago City seems from an entirely different city design, it doesn't link perfectly together with any of the other modulars, The size seems entirely out of proportion, moreover the river design is completely out of whack, the sidewalk cannot just abruptly turn into a waterway. I own Ninjago City it just doesn't work out with any of the other modulars, Even Town Hall is terribly dwarfed, I Displayed Ninjago city individually for some time got tired of it taking too much space, just dismantled it and packed it again, whereas I am more than satisfied with all my modulars being displayed together. 

No issues with Ninjago City though its a beautiful set, just love the detailing it has but for me its character is just a little too individualistic, It became too isolated after some time.

Its definitely not the 2018 modular, which I am eagerly awaiting for as well, hoping for a mid-November release since Detective's Office was released around that time. 

29 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

That's not what I mean. I mean the paths don't link and the river goes nowhere. 

This is why I'm going to try to get the following sets together for a water-related theme: Ninjago City, Old Fishing Store, Fun at the Beach (on a tan plate), and possibly the Ninjago Temple of Airjitzu.

*lol*@"Ninjago City is the 2018 modular"

I'm sorry, but that's by far the least likely and most ridiculous theory we've had in this thread yet. That's like saying the Lego Movie cars and vehicles were the next years City vehicles, just released early to coincide with the movie :tongue:

1 hour ago, Axylius said:

I own Ninjago City it just doesn't work out with any of the other modulars

I haven’t yet bought NC, and am in two minds about it, but I was considering buying it and then displaying it with the second-from-top floor removed, so that that black pitched roof was immediately above the crab restaurant, meaning that the height was less inconsistent with the other modulars. It looks like the connections should be consistent, though it may look a bit (more) incongruous at the back.

I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering whether anyone who had the set had tried this, or taken any photos of it in that position. I’ve followed things within the Ninjago threads but it’s rather more of a modular compatibility question.

2 hours ago, nikhkin said:

The modulars are creator expert sets. They are a separate product line to the Ninjago sets, and the Ninjago city, whilst having connectors, does not linkto the modulars properly.

Its a Lego modular building but not part of the Lego Creator theme. Its not a hard concept

16 minutes ago, DeanLearner said:

I haven’t yet bought NC, and am in two minds about it, but I was considering buying it and then displaying it with the second-from-top floor removed, so that that black pitched roof was immediately above the crab restaurant, meaning that the height was less inconsistent with the other modulars. It looks like the connections should be consistent, though it may look a bit (more) incongruous at the back.

I know this is slightly off topic, but I was wondering whether anyone who had the set had tried this, or taken any photos of it in that position. I’ve followed things within the Ninjago threads but it’s rather more of a modular compatibility question.

Great idea, I think the blue brick a brac store really lets NC down tbh! As long as it follows the usual way modular handle stacking it should work, otherwise just mod it!

NC could be used as skyscraper or something like that (...) beside that, it works perfectly with rest of the modulars, it requires some modification of the surroundings, but that isexactly what Lego is about. So I dont agree with its incompatibility with modulars line... 

Its just another perfect set, honestly one of the best. 

P.S. all its floors are superb, removing middle section with that fashion store will make it worse looking...

Edited by Blazej_Holen

Its just the colour that puts me off. I get the visual motif but just if I wanted it cohenent with my city the blue would look a tad outta place!

Every city has buildings with colours bit off.. thats the beauty of it.. NC was made to give feel of wast metropolis, with bit of everything... :)