The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Meh, Taj Mahal. Good for those who want it. I'm not one of them, but the good news is: this really saves me some money!

Although I wouldn't mind a re-release of Green Grocer as I was too young to know it even existed let alone afford it when it was out in stores. Maybe if it was updated and released along with a new modular...

I would love rereleases of the earlier modulars, updated with new moulds as necessary. And even if they were empty or almost empty inside as the originals were. However, it would have to be in addition to a brand new modular. Never instead of. It was terrible when that happened with the Winter Village line.

Fingers crossed the next set to be revealed will be the 2018 modular!!

A re-release of an old modular would be fine with me as long as we also get a new one. I have all the modulars that interest me (-> all they made safe for Market Street and Town Hall), so I have no urgent need for a re-release. My CC and sand-blue GG are bricklinked, but that only makes them all the more precious to me.

I'd propably get the re-released one anyway, even if only as a parts bag.

Edited by RogerSmith

seen someone post elsewhere that the next Modular is an Octan gas station, looks pretty cool.  Maybe this was discussed in this topic prior, I didn't take the time to look back over it.

But anyway interesting idea, and would fit in well within a city.

Actually never mind, read more into it, seems its considered a fake.  But nonetheless looks great and would be a nice addition to a city.

Edited by chris592

Just now, chris592 said:

seen someone post elsewhere that the next Modular is an Octan gas station, looks pretty cool.  Maybe this was discussed in this topic prior, I didn't take the time to look back over it.

But anyway interesting idea, and would fit in well within a city.

Actually never mind, read more into it, seems its considered a fake.  But nonetheless looks great and would be a nice addition to a city.

has been revealed that one is a FAKE...MOC by AFOL.....

yeah once I read more into it, I seen it confirmed as a fake.  But what a great looking modular, and MOC, certainly would fit well into anyone's city.

Kudos to the designer of that MOC, they did a great job.  you wouldn't happen to have a link to the MOC itself? its so good that would be interested to see if there are more pictures of it.

LEGO should contact him/her, ask to use their concept.

Edited by chris592

Here you go @chris592 

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=parkiru&logNo=220840353230

The credit for sharing the link goes to "brickolta". Its really not a bad design, but alas have to wait till Lego's official announcement of the 2018 modular, by the process of elimination of all 2018 Modular guesses from lurking on various forums, the majority is suggesting a Police Station (totally my instinctual guess, no links to anywhere available), well I am personally fine with whatever the Modular turns out to be, but the wait is so darn annoying....

On 25-10-2017 at 2:17 PM, kodlovag said:

No way that this building has 3500 pcs. It's just too small. Max 2500 pcs. Or it's incredibly detailed inside.

Otherwise I like the idea. Approx a year ago I already started to design a car repair shop / fuel station, quite similar concept to this one, but from an older era. Something to fit to the DO. But I abandoned it.

And it's really missing a motorcycle or a scooter...

On 25-10-2017 at 1:20 PM, Brickolta said:

It is fake. The figure is from a post of more than one year ago on this site: http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=parkiru&logNo=220840353230
On the top you can see that it refers to two green baseplates, while you see a tan baseplate is used in the building. 

Although your comments above regarding the logo and the zebra: 10256 is the number just after 10255 so it could be that they wanted to release it already and the box is an old design. Furthermore, the zebra's are correct I think. The pavement is for pedestrians, and the cars have to cross this zebra to get to the tank station area.

Nonetheless, although the design is fake I actually kind of like this building.

In my post (quote above) was a link with a lot of pictures of the Octan set with also the interior and so on.

Edited by Brickolta
Nevermind, Axylius beat me to it haha

My bad @Brickolta bro, i recently joined this forum and have no clue as to how do I share an older post by someone, that's why I copied and pasted the link from your earlier post, else would have definitely shared your entire post, thanks a lot for sharing the link btw, the pics of the Octan gas station moc were really very nice and steal-worthy for my own future moc's.:pir-blush:

12 minutes ago, Axylius said:

My bad @Brickolta bro, i recently joined this forum and have no clue as to how do I share an older post by someone, that's why I copied and pasted the link from your earlier post, else would have definitely shared your entire post, thanks a lot for sharing the link btw, the pics of the Octan gas station moc were really very nice and steal-worthy for my own future moc's.:pir-blush:

Really no problem, it is not my creation I only shared the link. You can click on "Quote" at someone's post and then it will be copied in your message.

I just bought the Parisian Restaurant set this morning (next to having bought Detective's Office, Palace Cinema and Brick Bank since June). Having found this interest for modulars is not really good for my wallet. For me it would be better if the next modular will not be released too soon, but of course I can also not wait haha

Just now, Brickolta said:

Really no problem, it is not my creation I only shared the link. You can click on "Quote" at someone's post and then it will be copied in your message.

I just bought the Parisian Restaurant set this morning (next to having bought Detective's Office, Palace Cinema and Brick Bank since June). Having found this interest for modulars is not really good for my wallet. For me it would be better if the next modular will not be released too soon, but of course I can also not wait haha

So this is what the quote button is for, thanks a bunch, now life would be so much easier...

I myself got hooked to Modulars in 2016, I was quite lucky to be from India because of the Lego sets being too expensive here compared to anywhere else in the world (retail price of assembly square is 435 USD (approx) here), i easily found several old and discontinued Modulars at heavily discounted prices and started a hobby that is almost bordering on obsession now.

Regarding the effect of Lego on my wallet, I couldn't agree with you more, Once upon a time my wallet used to be so healthy and happy now its on a free fall towards malnourishment. But the heart wants what the heart wants...:cry_sad:

Thanks Axylius and Brickolta for the information.

Yeah I agree Brickolta even though its a fake, I like the idea of this type of building in a city.

I would be surprised if there was ever  Modular "Octan" Building. I think it would be too specific for the Modular line. I think the intent of the Modular line is to create buildings that could be part of any city. 

Yeah. The Octan Modular won't fit into the Line.

A Police Station is a lot more likely to be produced. And more needed

A Police Station would also function as a product line bridge the way the Fire Brigade used to. Drawing attention from the younger City Crowd in addition to the older Modular collectors. There’s a reason the FB went back for 3 or 4 production runs. 

Lego has made the 2018 modular into such a top secret existence, like the design blueprint for it will be used by Elon Musk in his Mars colony plans, its just too lame. Even if Lego doesn't have any plans of releasing it soon, a little teaser image here, a little leaked info there, never hurt anyone.

They might be maintaining the secrecy levels because of the  threat of Chinese knockoff brands but Lego has to release it someday, wont make much of a difference then.:hmpf_bad:

1 hour ago, Axylius said:

They might be maintaining the secrecy levels because of the  threat of Chinese knockoff brands but Lego has to release it someday, wont make much of a difference then.:hmpf_bad:

Releasing the info only shortly before selling it ensure that the copies aren't selling before the real one (or at the same launch date)

4 hours ago, antp said:

Releasing the info only shortly before selling it ensure that the copies aren't selling before the real one (or at the same launch date)

https://www.lego.com/nl-nl/aboutus/news-room/2017/november/lego-trademark-china/?ignorereferer=true

Hopefully this announcement will prevent that others can just plain copy the whole set and that Lego can release more information beforehand in the future.

That doesn't mean anything. BMW is a well recognized trademark, which didn't stop Chinese from copying BMW cars and just changing the logo. Same goes for Apple.

sorry for whining but...still no news at all for 2018 modular set... .....................please tell me we will get 2018 modular set!!!!!!!!!!

We all are waiting. Lego could wait with the announcement as long as they did with the Taj Mahal - just before the release date. There weren't any rumours about a rerelease of it either 

So we could have the announcement in December.

(I hope not, because l don't think I can wait any longer ☺. I have to know if I should buy some big sets for Christmas or wait for the next modular. Maybe that's the strategy of Lego)

Edited by ddavid

I am going to guess we find out no later than Nov 15.  You have to generate buzz for the set.  Then again, maybe TLG figures they have a product they know will sell and do not feel they need to worry.  I just got a catalog for the holiday time rush so they likely need to let that one soak in a bit, let the kiddies pick their faves for under the tree and then for us AFOL's they will bust out some announcements later.  Annoying, yes, but I get it, with the Chinese rip-offs coming every day and really no way to stop it, they have to protect their brand.  Having seen a rip-off in person, the CC, it was literally the same exact build minus the brand name on the circle.  With the prices the copies are charging, TLG does need to do something and if holding announcements back does that, well I can't blame them.