The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hmmm. The Taj Mahal... I was hoping for something original.

Sooo... The release of the new modular might be postponed or even not be produced this year. I still hope for the 1.01 release.

Just now, ddavid said:

Hmmm. The Taj Mahal... I was hoping for something original.

Sooo... The release of the new modular might be postponed or even not be produced this year. I still hope for the 1.01 release.

Maybe, maybe not. Only TLG knows... :-)

But on a side note, this does gives credibility to the list of leaked (?) set numbers, pieces and prices. So fingers crossed about the rest of this list!

Taj Majal?

I feel a minor disturbance in the Force, as if a few resellers suddenly cried out in terror :devil:

As for the modular, this is not yet the latest that Lego has waited to announce the new modular, but it could be furthest we have ever gone without knowing really anything at all about it.  DO was announced in late November, but we had known already the name and a limited description of the set in advance of the official announcement.  

On 23-10-2017 at 4:35 PM, CapitaoHook said:

Hello everyone I got the sets prices through which I copied to my pc and I saved all prices, here they are:

10256: Expert Creator 114.990Ft. converted  370 €
10260: Expert Creator 49,990Ft converted 160 €
10261: Expert Creator 99.990Ft. converted  320 €
10262: Expert Creator 44.990Ft. converted  145 €
10263: Expert Creator 29.990Ft. converted 100 €

I also have the others, from the marvel, Star wars, and from the possible harry potter.:wink:

What do you think it can be ???
I do not know either.

@Follows Closely: This list. Was mentioned a couple of days ago

Looks like Brothers Brick have a photo of the box. To be honest I don’t know the original well at all, but it’s a bit of a disappointment that we don’t have a new set instead of this. Lots of bulky pieces but without much in the way of interesting detail - it would be hard to justify the space to display it, let alone the cost...

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/10/30/lego-re-release-taj-mahal-news/

Edited by DeanLearner
Added link

35 minutes ago, astra said:

Maybe, maybe not. Only TLG knows... :-)

But on a side note, this does gives credibility to the list of leaked (?) set numbers, pieces and prices. So fingers crossed about the rest of this list!

Yeah, I'll feel pretty confident now 10260 is the modular and 10261 is a fairground roller coaster.  Not 100% but better than I did.  I'm basing it arbitrarily on difference in model numbers and price but that's enough for me to plan on for now.

On 23/10/2017 at 8:57 PM, Faefrost said:

There has been a strong rumor that following the re-issue/redo of the UCS Millenium Falcon they will also be doing a new Taj Mahal. That would likely be 10256 if that list is accurate. 

You called it!

any other rumours you know of? ?

Well I for one have no issues with the re-release of Taj Mahal, really regretted it bad not getting this set (came out of my dark phase much later), I am from India and i am really glad to be given the opportunity by Lego to own this iconic masterpiece once more. Now just waiting for a re-release of Eiffel Tower. Read the Taj Mahal article on "brothers-bricks" and really surprised that by the end of November, 11 biggest Lego sets of all time will be on sale simultaneously by Lego.

What a Great (and Expensive) time to be a Lego fan. 

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2017/10/30/lego-re-release-taj-mahal-news/

Edited by Axylius

Really hoping the Taj re-release paves the way for re-releases of the first two modulars. 

Taj Mahal: OK. Doesn't really do much for me. It's a pretty cool set from the looks of it, but just doesn't interest me on a personal level. The fact that it's a re-release is perfectly fine with me. While I generally prefer new sets, I'd much rather see Lego getting more money out of this then some scalpers, or worse (like megablocking* L***n...).

But I really hope they don't overdo it with all these giant sets. I feel they may oversaturate the market with lots of big releases like this.

On the other hand, I'm propably not the target audience for most of them, since I don't see myself spending 300€ or more for a single set anytime soon. Even Assembly Square felt expensive, but it had a great parts count and is a modular, so it was ok. But the other two I might consider getting (Ghostbuster HQ and Ninjago City) don't do nearly enough for me to actually pull the trigger - especially as they would be stand-alone pieces that don't really fit in with the rest of my collection.

* Edit: The forum changed the four-letter f-word to "megablocking" there. Since when does it do that?  :rofl:

Edited by RogerSmith

As discussed also around page 203-206 of this topic, many expected 10256 not to be the modular as confirmed now. Let's hope 10260 is the new 2018 modular and will be announced soon!

If they re-release a new modular, I hope it is the Green Grocer set, which is also is from 2008 just like original Taj Mahal.

Edited by Brickolta

I just hope it's a Police Station, I'm confident but with caution.:wink::sweet:
It was what was needed, we already have someone bank need bank guard, and to save town hall, among other stores.:laugh::blush:

I think I my have said it before, but I would be happy if they re released the cafe corner because I think they could improve it to give it a proper interior. 

Just now, LegoDakin said:

I think I my have said it before, but I would be happy if they re released the cafe corner because I think they could improve it to give it a proper interior. 

Meh....new building looks way more attractive than an extra copy of the cafe cornwr...

3 hours ago, Willworkfortoys said:

Yeah, I'll feel pretty confident now 10260 is the modular and 10261 is a fairground roller coaster.  Not 100% but better than I did.  I'm basing it arbitrarily on difference in model numbers and price but that's enough for me to plan on for now.

Hope you are right! I think there’s no doubt for 10260 regarding the price, but i still wonder about the coaster...

2 hours ago, Brickolta said:

As discussed also around page 203-206 of this topic, many expected 10256 not to be the modular as confirmed now. Let's hope 10260 is the new 2018 modular and will be announced soon!

If they re-release a new modular, I hope it is the Green Grocer set, which is also is from 2008 just like original Taj Mahal.

The Green Grocer is the only modular i don’t have, so it would be great.

I really hope that it’s not a re-release of an existing building.  I only have the last 5, but really want a variety of buildings to expand the modular street.  I’d also welcome a growth of modulars into streets, with corners having more street furniture like signs, and signals, perhaps a bit like GBHQ. 

20 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

I really hope that it’s not a re-release of an existing building.  I only have the last 5, but really want a variety of buildings to expand the modular street.  I’d also welcome a growth of modulars into streets, with corners having more street furniture like signs, and signals, perhaps a bit like GBHQ. 

I wouldnt mind to get re-release of Green Grocer, with detailed interior and possibly some nwe prints on figs as well as some cool printed bricks as a food in gorcery store part... 

Anyway I hope that announcment will be soon, cause otherwise I am going to lose my mind :)

Disappointing for me as well, got the sydney opera and don't know what to do with it.. Big Ben is a good parts bag, so I can reuse it, but the Taj Mahal jus't won't make it for me.. The eiffel tower would have been something I could have reused n my town.. As far as modular, I am not a fan of post office or police station (we have DO for that), but would be more interested in something more original.. like a video tape renting and appartment combo, or one of these magnificient condo - we definitely need more space to host our minifigs :-)

7660808964_8cb65fd1f8_c.jpg

Avenue Residences

Edited by SwissBrick

As I and many others expected one of the two biggest set on the list was a architecture set, but had not expected this *huh*

I do not believe Lego cares about the scalpers and that some sets increase a lot. What they do care about is when a company who must not be named starts steeling their old treasures and make a lot of money :angry:

So now we see their answer to the pirate scum...

1. Hope this was the one and only architecture set on the list.

2.Come down we will get a new modular, this only shows that they keep the lid on things until they are released.

3.Personally I do not hope they start releasing old modulars, it will take a spot from another new set (in worst case a new modular). 

Hah hah, resellers are going to be fu*k hard this year.... Death Star, MF, now Taj Mahal... Well done Lego :) One one hand I am dissapointed that one of the big Creator Expert sets will be this one, which I dont like really, but on the other hand, my wallet is happy, to safe some bucks on this one :)

Yeah I have mixed feelings on the Taj Mahal. I didn't buy it the first time around and I don't think I will this time. It just never appealed to me. But at least that narrows down the field of which set belongs to which number now!