The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

12 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

Perhaps we’re all getting wires crossed.  Maybe the larger non modular building is something like NYC Grand Central Station.

It wouldn’t then be minifig scale, and hence the train wouldn’t have to be full sized. 

That's an idea i wouldn't mind. A real station is more interesting than a fictional.

I'd hate to see another generic/modern looking train station like from the City line.

Edited by ddavid

Although very sceptical about it, thank you very much for this news, Brick Dangerous! :classic:

Since 2018 will see a new trains theme as subtheme of City, it's imo unlikely. The only thing might be if TLG released only a train stop (like 7939) in the City theme which then wouldn't compete with the Creator Expert one.

2 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Town Plan suppose to be in Lego City line not in Creator expert line... 

Not neccessarily:

1. 10184 Town Plan (from 2008) wasn't released as a City set, too, but as a seperate and exclusive set.

2. It would be really poor if there wasn't any System anniversary set although 2018 will be its birthday.

Do not think it will be a train station, but earlier I had a modular street with a train track in front of it. So it is possible to make without the tracks interfering with the other buildings... Or they could make the station the end of the line, so the tracks go into the modular, but stops there..

The copyright stamp on that image says 2016...

glad to see this thread with some discussion again.  Hopefully we'll have some morsels to work with if not a full reveal in the next 1-2 weeks.

2016 stamp, so originally March 2017 release, but postponed? That would actually make sense for 10256, numerically speaking...

Then again, if it's a normal dealer catalog, that might be the general release in 2018? Well, we'll see...

Edited by cimddwc

Thanks @paupadros for this leak! Now we have something to work with :) . Will the real box be the same size as that from the leak? It's also 16+ so we know that this won't be a winter village set. Hmmm... what set could be postponed? I don't think a modular would be postponed.

March is not a time for modulars to come out.

Not this modular Train Station hubbub again, please. It does not make any sense as a true modular (i.e. fitting into the street), so I'll pass on that. That Train Station modular on Lego Ideas was very rightfully rejected, imho.

Now, a train station as a singular, stand-alone building, in the scale of the modulars, that would be another thing...and would easily match with a 300+€ price tag, and heaps of pieces. That could be an awesome set.

Edited by RogerSmith

I personally wouldn't mind having a cool old-style hotel. Maybe make it a French-style building. I know they did the Heartlake Grand Hotel a while back, and it's an unlikely idea, but one can dream. 

I think if there was a large-scale Creator train station, it would have to be stand-alone. Maybe with a clock tower!

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Given the older, 1940's/1950's American setting basis of the Expert modular line

That's something imagined on forums by mostly US-based AFOLS

There are multiple buildings in the line with European derived architecture. There's a computer in one of them. It is blatantly not a retro Americana line.

I think the beauty of the expert modular line is that, as a whole, it can't be pinned down to one locale or time period. The Detective's Office suggests Prohibition-era New York City. Palace Cinema is modeled after the Mann Chinese Theater in LA, circa 1940. Parisian Restaurant is clearly... Parisian. Brick Bank could be set in London or Chicago or most any other major city on either side of the Atlantic. And so on. Some fit well together, others not so much. Personally I find City Hall to be a bit too 1950s Americana for my taste, so I skipped it, instead picking and choosing the sets that give a more European vibe to my city. I think if LEGO intends anything, it's that each of us will take these sets and make them our own, building them into the style and scale of city we envision, wherever/whenever we imagine that to be.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

I think the beauty of the expert modular line is that, as a whole, it can't be pinned down to one locale or time period. The Detective's Office suggests Prohibition-era New York City. Palace Cinema is modeled after the Mann Chinese Theater in LA, circa 1940. Parisian Restaurant is clearly... Parisian. Brick Bank could be set in London or Chicago or most any other major city on either side of the Atlantic. And so on. Some fit well together, others not so much. Personally I find City Hall to be a bit too 1950s Americana for my taste, so I skipped it, instead picking and choosing the sets that give a more European vibe to my city. I think if LEGO intends anything, it's that each of us will take these sets and make them our own, building them into the style and scale of city we envision, wherever/whenever we imagine that to be.

That is what I like about the line.

8 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Not this modular Train Station hubbub again, please. It does not make any sense as a true modular (i.e. fitting into the street), so I'll pass on that. That Train Station modular on Lego Ideas was very rightfully rejected, imho.

Now, a train station as a singular, stand-alone building, in the scale of the modulars, that would be another thing...and would easily match with a 300+€ price tag, and heaps of pieces. That could be an awesome set.

100% agreed :thumbup:.

10 hours ago, paupadros said:

(Snip)

You guys seen this? 10256 launched this March...?

That image says Confidential, BAN HIM/HER. (Just Joking)

You guys really got me hyped for a train station! But then I want LEGO to release a new Creator train as well, since I, and I guess some others, did miss out on the Emerald Night or Horizon Express.

For a while I'm thinking of building a big building in my modular town, in the same style and scale of the modulars, perhaps single standing, but definately monumental, like a museum, but a train station would be great as well! It would be great if LEGO offered us one!

It would be an excellent effort to tempt us into collecting LEGO trains!

Edited by Wesley D

On 24.10.2017 at 11:15 AM, jaesroe said:

hmm  so could be a 'modular scale' train station?

Again, it's just hearsay, so please don't get too carried away with the idea. I really don't know anything about the modular, but I'm VERY confident at this point that there will be one. Someone else even claimed that we might get a second Modular Building in 2018. But as is always the case with things strangers say on the interwebs, I don't know if this is any more than just speculation. And so far, it's literally one person that I know of.

13 minutes ago, just_one said:

Found this on a facebook group im a part of...

probably fake but hey...anything is possible lol

22730252_1499086493511874_1153241610710993502_n.jpg?width=340&height=606

It is fake, the box uses "10th year anniversary" logo which was used on Assembly square set. Also that "zebras" on pavement doesnt really fit previous modular fashion and the main bussines is really weird - why gas station? Doesnt make a sence...

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

It is fake, the box uses "10th year anniversary" logo which was used on Assembly square set. Also that "zebras" on pavement doesnt really fit previous modular fashion and the main bussines is really weird - why gas station? Doesnt make a sence...

Thats what i thought aswell :)

Well fake or not, I really do want it, have been waiting for a fuel station for far too long. In 2008 Town Plan set (10184) there was a Movie Theater, Town hall & a Octan Gas station, we have already received modulars for Town hall and Movie Theater (Palace Cinema), about time the Gas station showed up. That 10 year anniversary stamp might be there because based on the earlier leak of 10256 being confidential set to be released in 2016, Lego might have wanted to release it as the 10th Anniversary Modular but due to whatever circumstances Lego changed there mind and replaced it with Assembly Square, I know i am grasping at straws but i really want a new modular, the wait is killing me.

17 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

%B7%B9%B0%ED_%C6%E4%C5%B0%C1%F6.jpg

It is fake. The figure is from a post of more than one year ago on this site: http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=parkiru&logNo=220840353230
On the top you can see that it refers to two green baseplates, while you see a tan baseplate is used in the building. 

Although your comments above regarding the logo and the zebra: 10256 is the number just after 10255 so it could be that they wanted to release it already and the box is an old design. Furthermore, the zebra's are correct I think. The pavement is for pedestrians, and the cars have to cross this zebra to get to the tank station area.

Nonetheless, although the design is fake I actually kind of like this building.

Edited by Brickolta

Pretty much a straight MOD/mash-up of BB and the 2016 Service Station 60132. That station was pretty cool though, I picked up a copy when it eventually went on sale and am hoping to convert it to a fully-enclosed structure someday...

Edited by DeanLearner

There is a part of me that is glad it is fake, and a part of me that is not.  All of me thinks it is an ugly building, and I have never seen a gas station like that.  So you have to drive onto the sidewalk to access the pump and then back out to leave?  Basically a modern structure, which is my least favorite type of architecture.  If that was actually the modular, then my wallet would be very happy as that would be a significant amount of money saved.  

This is not to say that a gas station could not be done well.  What I would hope for in a set like that would be a throwback to Route 66 and Art Deco.  Something like the U-Drop Inn atShamrock, Texas would be nice.  That structure was actually "borrowed" for the Pixar Cars movie as a Radiator Springs structure.  The only potential downside to a "proper" gas station would be that they are generally just one level, thus not possessing that one particular quality of modular builds.  Not saying that multilevel gas stations are not out there, but it is more the exception than the norm.  

I do hope it is a fake.  It’s just not pretty is it? However, i have seen buildings like this in Italy, with petrol stations below, so it’s not impossible. 

I agree, it is not pretty and could be done better. It is too sleek I think and should be more of an old style Italy petrol station indeed. 

They are actually very common here also. Like this on Google maps: 
Also very ugly and we are getting of track, but it is possible with the side walks: https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.2126508,6.9049148,3a,75y,26.11h,82.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqty1brMji153e0Sz4He0iw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Nonetheless, I think a petrol station could be really cool. 

No way that this building has 3500 pcs. It's just too small. Max 2500 pcs. Or it's incredibly detailed inside.

Otherwise I like the idea. Approx a year ago I already started to design a car repair shop / fuel station, quite similar concept to this one, but from an older era. Something to fit to the DO. But I abandoned it.

And it's really missing a motorcycle or a scooter...

Edited by kodlovag