The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

On 20.10.2017 at 9:16 PM, LegoSjaak said:

So we still know in fact nothing...

We know there will be a Modular Building (for which I have confirmation as well). Some were starting to doubt it for the lack of rumors/announcement.

25 minutes ago, Brick Dangerous said:

We know there will be a Modular Building (for which I have confirmation as well). Some were starting to doubt it for the lack of rumors/announcement.

Please tell us more about how you've got this confirmed!!

There's a few too many new/newish people having insider info that don't give anything new, but 'confirmation', nothing that can't be easily falsely claimed while riding on the assumption that it's come out previously, it's likely going to be happening anyway and just bide your time until it does then claiming to be proven correct... 

You may well have insider info, but unless you are a long time lurker who also frequents the star wars forum, then you won't fully appreciate where my cynicism comes from in not believing you until something more believable by someone more known comes along. 

4 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

Please tell us more about how you've got this confirmed!!

There's not much to tell. I know absolutely nothing about the set, but a "reliable source" that I trust has said there will be one. That's literally all I know for now, and you don't have to believe it; heck, it could even be wrong since I haven't seen the set with my own eyes, but as I said, the source has always been right so far, and I certainly know I sleep better since then. :classic:

Edited by Brick Dangerous

Hello everyone I got the sets prices through which I copied to my pc and I saved all prices, here they are:

10256: Expert Creator 114.990Ft. converted  370 €
10260: Expert Creator 49,990Ft converted 160 €
10261: Expert Creator 99.990Ft. converted  320 €
10262: Expert Creator 44.990Ft. converted  145 €
10263: Expert Creator 29.990Ft. converted 100 €

I also have the others, from the marvel, Star wars, and from the possible harry potter.:wink:

What do you think it can be ???
I do not know either.

Edited by CapitaoHook

Just now, nikhkin said:

A £330 expert set would be massive!

This year's Wave are very expensive two sets costing another € 300. It's very expensive.

If those figures are accurate then you’ve got to wonder what the Lego corporate strategy is (and whether the existence of such sets in the pipeline would have had anything to do with the change in CEO etc). The amount of expensive sets this year was already outside the range of most adults (let alone children), and even the most dedicated fan will surely not make more than 2-3 purchases per year in the £150/€150 price range. Sounds like there could be plenty of Lego boondoggles left sat on the shelves...

Edited by DeanLearner

10262 or 10260 will surely be the next modular. Thanks for the info! 

One of the over 300€ sets can be another Creator Expert building like the Big Ben or Sydney Opera House. I would like to buy sth like that!

Thanks @CapitaoHook for the info. Now I'm really excited! Can't wait for the reveal!

53 minutes ago, CapitaoHook said:

Hello everyone I got the sets prices through which I copied to my pc and I saved all prices, here they are:

I also have the others, from the marvel, Star wars, and from the possible harry potter.:wink:

I do not know either.

So the 10260 is the new modular right?

Glad they seem to go back to the normal 32x32 plate.

1 hour ago, CapitaoHook said:

So by my ready reckoning 

10256 or 10261 is likely a large non modular building, like Big Ben, or Sydney opera house.  10260 is probably the next fairground ride since these tend to cost just a little more than the modular range.  10262 is therefore the modular, and that leaves 10263 as a vehicle like the mini or VW beetle.

Have I got that right? Maybe other opinions out there.

5 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

So by my ready reckoning 

10256 or 10261 is likely a large non modular building, like Big Ben, or Sydney opera house.  10260 is probably the next fairground ride since these tend to cost just a little more than the modular range.  10262 is therefore the modular, and that leaves 10263 as a vehicle like the mini or VW beetle.

Have I got that right? Maybe other opinions out there.

Probaly not i think.

10256: Expert Creator 370 € (maybe a new big ben or something like that)
10260: Expert Creator 160 € (new modular)
10261: Expert Creator 320 € (have no idea)
10262: Expert Creator 145 € ( Fairground ride )
10263: Expert Creator 100 € (winter season set)

Edited by just_one

Thank you very much for the news, Capitoe Hook and Brick Dangerous! :classic:

Capitoe Hook, can you please post the prices for the SW sets in the according topic, too?

Just now, just_one said:

10256: Expert Creator 370 € (maybe a new big ben or something like that)
10260: Expert Creator 160 € (new modular)
10261: Expert Creator 320 € (have no idea)
10262: Expert Creator 145 € (Fairground ride)
10263: Expert Creator 100 € (winter season set)

Your suggestions sound plausible. But where do you place a possible City Exclusive and a possbile Castle / Ninjago Exclusive? Over 300 Euros for each sounds absolutely unrealistic. Maybe TLG even decided to stop the Fairground theme after 2018 and therefore will sell a very huge set for over 300 Euros including a rollercoaster and some additional stuff in this set.

What do you think?

29 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Capitoe Hook, can you please post the prices for the SW sets in the according topic, too?

Your suggestions sound plausible. But where do you place a possible City Exclusive and a possbile Castle / Ninjago Exclusive? Over 300 Euros for each sounds absolutely unrealistic. Maybe TLG even decided to stop the Fairground theme after 2018 and therefore will sell a very huge set for over 300 Euros including a rollercoaster and some additional stuff in this set.

What do you think?

I say but I do not know that set 10256 could be related to birthday, I wish it were an improved Town Plan.:wink:
In my opinion I think the whole of the fair 10261.
But I'm waiting for a Town Plan because I did not get it in 2008 :):laugh:

Agree with me Klaus-Dieter :wink:

Now what I really want to know what will be the next building in the Creator Expert line. After a quite boring building experience with the Big Ben, I hope for something interesting like the Sydney Opera House!

Do you have some ideas?

I would love to see the Eiffel Tower (quite possible: An interesting structure, well known, and now after the Falcon another remake is highly possible)

Edited by ddavid

2 hours ago, CapitaoHook said:

I do not know either.

My guess:

370= big building

160 no-brainer= modular

320= big rollercoaster

145= the next "car" maybe 

100= probably a winter village set

But I hope for something new among the sets; like a city zoo, pirates imperial fort, medieval market farm/village or even a train :classic:

3 hours ago, CapitaoHook said:

Guys... if those are real, telling by usual price/piece values... It's kinda shocking:

10256: (Which, let's not forget, "should" be the next modular's number) - 6100 pieces (0'6 ppp)

10260: 2600 pieces (0'6 ppp)

10261: 5300 pieces (0'6 ppp)

10262: 2050 pieces (using 0'7 ppp)

10263: 1400 pieces (0'7 ppp)

I'm basing this off AS's ppp (price per piece) ratio in euro, which was exactly 0'6€. Obviously, the last two have a little steeper ratio.

Having said that... 

10256: It's still not time, but follow up to Taj Mahal, SOH and Big Ben. Fingers crossed for Sagrada Familia this time! Just kidding, I know they wouldn't do a religious building...

10260: The modular. Whatever it is, seems reasonable.

10261: I'm dropping it, Rollercoaster. If they do it properly, this piece count is to expect.

10262: 14-wide car. This time... Hmmmm... Why not, a bigger F1 car, like that Technic one soooo many years ago.

10263: Winter Village. No expert at all here. Let's just say... Sleigh Repair Shop, seems legit.

39 minutes ago, ddavid said:

I would love to see the Eiffel Tower (quite possible: An interesting structure, well known, and now after the Falcon another remake is highly possible)

Maybe a reissue, there already was an Eiffel Tower back in 2007 https://brickset.com/sets/10181-1/Eiffel-Tower :wink:

Edited by paupadros
spelling

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

What do you think?

I agree with you. Fairground sets seems to be more and more expensive each year :

In France, the Fairground Mixer was sold for 130€, the Ferris Wheel for 180€ when it was released, and now the Carousel costs 200€. I think a great coaster will be be a big set requiring lot of parts, so 300€ sounds plausible.

I think Castle / Ninjago / Harry Potter sets will not be released in the Creator Expert.

Remember: 
- The Temple of Airjitzu was released in the Ninjago theme,
- Both Medieval Market Village and Kingdoms Joust were released in the Castle theme.

The Town Plan was the only set to be released in the Expert line instead of City theme.

That said, here are my expectations :

10256: Expert Creator 370 € > Lego System Anniversary set
10260: Expert Creator 160 € > The New Modular
10261: Expert Creator 320 € > New Fairground Coaster
10262: Expert Creator 145 € > New Creator Expert Train
10263: Expert Creator 100 € > New Creator Expert Car

I wouldn't be so sure about the Fair ground set - the carousel came out 2 years after the Ferris wheel.

Either the Fairground or the Buildings series.

Idk...

I agree with most of the appraisals everyone has mentioned but I think the $320 Coaster set is going to be a higher ppp than usual due to new bigger track pieces.  I think it is going to be a big set spatially that a lot of people are going to want to mod to make more presentable.  Basically with that price I think that it is going to be more like a 'city' coaster in the expert line.  

2 hours ago, ddavid said:

Now what I really want to know what will be the next building in the Creator Expert line. After a quite boring building experience with the Big Ben, I hope for something interesting like the Sydney Opera House!

Do you have some ideas?

There has been a strong rumor that following the re-issue/redo of the UCS Millenium Falcon they will also be doing a new Taj Mahal. That would likely be 10256 if that list is accurate. 

18 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

There has been a strong rumor that following the re-issue/redo of the UCS Millenium Falcon they will also be doing a new Taj Mahal. That would likely be 10256 if that list is accurate. 

If that rumour becomes true, I'll be quite disappointed. Taj Mahal looks like a boring set. The piece count matches though, so it's possible.

I still hope for a remake of the Eiffel Tower ☺.

Or a different building that wasn't made before. Looking at the Architecture theme can help in guessing. Maybe sth from the US (White house, Capitol). Skyscrapers probably won't be produced due to repetition in building.

Edited by ddavid

5 hours ago, CapitaoHook said:

Thanks CapitaoHook!

I took a quick look at the prices in FT, and for AS (10255), the FT price is 20% higher than the GBP price from the Lego.com website. Taking that into account:

10256: Expert Creator - 114,990Ft ~ £265. Same price as Ninjago city, so could have anywhere around 4,500 - 5,000 pieces. Taj Mahal could be a decent rumour, or Eiffel Tower, but hoping for something new.
10260: Expert Creator -   49,990Ft ~ £120. Same as the old price of the modulars. Now they are £142, which is almost exactly 49,990Ft in GBP (£144). Looks to be the next modular.
10261: Expert Creator -   99,990Ft ~ £230. Hoping the same as others for a Roller Coaster. Joker Manor at £249 is close in price, but also has a license fee included. That set had c. 3,500 pieces, so a decent amount of parts to build the structure.
10262: Expert Creator -   44,990Ft ~ £105. Creator cars a bit less at £75, so I'm really hoping for a Train! Wishful thinking possibly.
10263: Expert Creator -   29,990Ft ~ £70. Right price for either next Winter Village (current ones are £75) or Expert car. 

2 hours ago, paupadros said:

Guys... if those are real, telling by usual price/piece values... It's kinda shocking:

10256: (Which, let's not forget, "should" be the next modular's number) - 6100 pieces (0'6 ppp)

10260: 2600 pieces (0'6 ppp)

10261: 5300 pieces (0'6 ppp)

10262: 2050 pieces (using 0'7 ppp)

10263: 1400 pieces (0'7 ppp)

I'm basing this off AS's ppp (price per piece) ratio in euro, which was exactly 0'6€. Obviously, the last two have a little steeper ratio.

Having said that... 

10256: It's still not time, but follow up to Taj Mahal, SOH and Big Ben. Fingers crossed for Sagrada Familia this time! Just kidding, I know they wouldn't do a religious building...

10260: The modular. Whatever it is, seems reasonable.

10261: I'm dropping it, Rollercoaster. If they do it properly, this piece count is to expect.

10262: 14-wide car. This time... Hmmmm... Why not, a bigger F1 car, like that Technic one soooo many years ago.

10263: Winter Village. No expert at all here. Let's just say... Sleigh Repair Shop, seems legit.

Maybe a reissue, there already was an Eiffel Tower back in 2007 https://brickset.com/sets/10181-1/Eiffel-Tower :wink:

At 160€, I wouldn't expect the suspected modular to be more or less the usual 2000-2400 pieces. Adjusting for inflation, that seems about right.

My guess:

10256: ~4000-4500 pieces...fingers crossed for an updated Town Plan

10260: ~2000-2400 pieces...modular

10261: ~3500 pieces...big building in Sydney Opera/Taj Mahal style

10262: ~1500-1800 pieces...classic car/plane, or maybe a train

10263: ~1000 pieces... as much as I'd love a Lego reproduction of something like, say, "Olympia Looping" (largest traveling roller coaster in the world, with 5!!! vertical loopings) - what's most likely would be a "Wild Mouse"-style roller coaster.  Or maybe an old timey Wildcat model. Those pieces from the Batman set don't really allow for anything else. No banked curves, no inverting elements etc. Don't see what would require an extensive piece count here. Supports can be done with technic pieces, and apart from that you only need a small train or two, a ticket booth, some signage, fences, and that#s pretty much it. Plus, remember, the line reproduces fairground rides, and most fairgound coasters are rather small.