The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

5 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

So This list possibly includes:

Modular bulding 2018, Winter village set 2018, Fairground set 2018, Another car model..and last one...?... wondering what Avengers line will offer and Star Wars...cloud city? :)

City zoo with a lot of animal moulds :tongue: Probably a follow up to Big Ben...

Just now, legofanbubba said:

So bummed to see the Nasa Women set announcement today and not a modular.  

me too.

hopefully its not far now...

13 minutes ago, legofanbubba said:

So bummed to see the Nasa Women set announcement today and not a modular.  

Acutally Women of Nasa is so much more decent than I ever expected. Has nice prints and pretty good parts here and there.

5 hours ago, Gongoro73 said:

I've been wondering for a while how it would look in a modular city. Could you share some pics, please? I'm still doubtious about this set. I like it, but it's big money and I kinda agree with @Wesley D

Not pictures, but Jangbricks temporarily put it in his city next to some modulars, and made a video of it:

Doesn't look too bad, imho.

Regarding the D2C Creator sets: Hope that one will be the modular (obviously), but also hope that there's maybe another one that'll peak my interest.

10256 Coaster
10260 Ford Mustang 1967
10261 Town Plan (with 3 buildings including a garage, a park, a shop and a town hall)
10262 Winter Village Hotel
10263 Modular Hospital (with an ambulance)

That's my wishlist ^^

Edited by sebitsena

18 hours ago, just_one said:

yes , here is the full D2C list

2018 D2C

10256 CREATOR Expert
10260 CREATOR Expert
10261 CREATOR Expert
10262 CREATOR Expert
10263 CREATOR Expert
71043 Licensed IP D2C
76105 Avengers
75181 Star Wars
75222 Star Wars CC (Cloud City?)

Thank you very much for this information, just_one! :classic:

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm thinking that at least one of those Creator D2Cs has to pertain to the System's sixtieth anniversary next year.

Well, at least I hope that's the case. :purrr:

I do think and do hope so, too. Since more than two modular buildings (CC style) is absolutely unrealistic.

13 hours ago, CapitaoHook said:

Will any of these be a Town Plan since the last one was 2008 when it was 50 years old, for 60 years of Town Plan.
It could be Town Plan.

I mean: With 2017 offering only one civilian building (the bank) in the whole year, 2018 has to offer us some great civilian buildings in the City theme or / and as a 60th anniversary exclusive.

15 hours ago, CapitaoHook said:

Will any of these be a Town Plan since the last one was 2008 when it was 50 years old, for 60 years of Town Plan.
It could be Town Plan.

I think town plan is something they give out every 50 years not every 10 years :sceptic:

12 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Not pictures, but Jangbricks temporarily put it in his city next to some modulars, and made a video of it:

Doesn't look too bad, imho.

Thanks, Roger, I've missed that Jang video.

Yep, better than expected, although shares the same problem as the Ghostbusters Firehouse. It really dwarfs the latest modulars. But, yeah, it could work, tweaking some things here and there.

I think I will remove the tower, for a start.

Edited by Gongoro73

22 hours ago, just_one said:

yes , here is the full D2C list

2018 D2C

10256 CREATOR Expert
10260 CREATOR Expert
10261 CREATOR Expert
10262 CREATOR Expert
10263 CREATOR Expert
71043 Licensed IP D2C
76105 Avengers
75181 Star Wars
75222 Star Wars CC (Cloud City?)

So one of these will be 2018 modular set...we could assume!!! one of the great aspects of modular set is...we cannot anticipate how it would be look like while MF or GBHQ has its original design so we could guess how the final design has managed into more Lego-ish style.. So I can't wait though I have to wait.

Edited by jaesroe

On 10/18/2017 at 8:55 AM, Wesley D said:

I think NINJAGO City is overwhelming detailed and couldn't be better finished for what it is ment to be, but it is a stacking of very different parts of buildings. Those parts aren't finished buildings. The result isn't a finished building neither. NINJAGO City doesn't try to look like a building like the modulars do.

It would take a lot away of its 'cool' factor, but I would have bought it if it wasn't stacking but built horizontally as a city with each part as a full building.

I like it so much, but I can't afford buying all fun LEGO like there is around.

I'd love to see someone extract the individual shops and building styles to make a few 32 x 16 modular mods.

Considering the 60th anniversary, wouldn't be the perfect timing to do the Lego shop (or mega store) or do a modular take on one or several classic buildings (Like 560, 588, 6372, 374 etc) ?

Funny how things work out. This once was a topic for general modular questions, but has become a magnet for many of us around September-November to speculate about the new modular coming out, making this (if I'm not mistaken), one of the threads with the biggest amount of answers.

8 hours ago, jaesroe said:

one of the great aspects of modular set is...we cannot anticipate how it would be look like while MF or GBHQ has its original design so we could guess how the final design has managed into more Lego-ish style.. So I can't wait though I have to wait.

That's why modulars are so amazing. It's like a trully original brand new Pixar story, but every year. Everything is new every time, nobody knows what Jamie & co. are up to!

1 hour ago, chorus said:

Considering the 60th anniversary, wouldn't be the perfect timing to do the Lego shop (or mega store) or do a modular take on one or several classic buildings (Like 560, 588, 6372, 374 etc) ?

I would absoultely hate a Lego Store modular. Like an absolute 0 for me.

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I think town plan is something they give out every 50 years not every 10 years :sceptic:

That would be sad. :cry_sad:

I would absoultely hate a Lego Store modular. Like an absolute 0 for me. --- Paupadros

100% agreed.

Edited by Hart New Bob

On 10/18/2017 at 10:41 AM, paupadros said:

Acutally Women of Nasa is so much more decent than I ever expected. Has nice prints and pretty good parts here and there.

Oh the set is really decent. I will likely grab it.  Just bummed it wasn't the modular release.

7 hours ago, Hart New Bob said:

That would be sad. :cry_sad:

100% agreed.

totally agreed! I Do love to see something more plain & classical colour scheme and shape...like Cafe corner or Green grocer. To be honest, recent modular sets PR, DO, AND AS are great but seems the Jamie and his design team try to put too many colours and aspects in such a limited scale...so in order to celebrate 60th anniversary, why don't TLG show us something simple and plain with dignity ? referring from the heyday of lego design in  80s lego town sets! 

Edited by jaesroe

9 hours ago, paupadros said:

I am quite the opposite. I would love an official Lego store in the modular series!

18 minutes ago, jaesroe said:

totally agreed! I Do love to see something more plain & classical colour scheme and shape...like Cafe corner or Green grocer. To be honest, recent modular sets PR, DO, AND AS are great but seems the Jamie and his design team try to put too many colours and aspects in such a limited scale...so in order to celebrate 60th anniversary, why don't TLG show us something simple and plain with dignity ? like 70~80s lego town sets! 

That would be a dream come true!  I could see it now!

The back side to me looks so bare and empty because of the way it is design. Its so much extra empty space, but i guess they had to do it that way so the river/lake can be seen from the top floor all the way down.

18 hours ago, paupadros said:

Wow, so regardless of how they would solve this, you know for sure you wouldn't like it before you´ve seen it? I personally would at least give the design team the benefit of the doubt to see their take on it before making such a definitive statement. I don't mind either way, just contributing to speculation what it might be, but I do think they somehow will use the 60th anniversary in the modular for 2018. I really like what they did with the AS 10th anniversary with all the bigger and smaller hints of past modulars, so as I said previously, a nod to older classic sets could also be a possibility.

Regardless what the design team puts out, it just seems to get better and better for every year IMO, so I am sure it will be great whatever it is.

Edited by chorus

I would love a small hint towards their 60th anniversary, not a big show-off. Like a small street level shop selling... a wooden duck toy. Everybody would get the reference, but the rest of the modular would still be free for another concept.

We will get a modular building next January. It will be released next month, because 10256 will be announced before it!