The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

56 minutes ago, SollX said:

If it is as ugly and crappy as the "limo" in PC than i rather not have a vehicle. 

vehicle = extra pieces = higher price

Totally agree.  I’ve actually returned the pieces for the “limo” to my parts bins.  I’d much rather have a solid build with finished interiors than studded ground floor, and ugly add on items to raise the part count.

3 hours ago, SollX said:

If it is as ugly and crappy as the "limo" in PC than i rather not have a vehicle. 

I think that "uglyness" or "crapiness" is matter of perspective and subjective point of view... For me - I quite like that limo and I am glad that they´ve added. :)

It's not only a matter of parts or price ;) It's first a question of design.

Nobody complain about the Fire Brigade and its fire truck...

Just now, sebitsena said:

haha true,
i think that the firetruck was a needed addition to the building while the limo is just some extra thing that could be done whithout

Edited by SollX

You are right SollX

Thinking about your advice, a school + school bus or a hospital + ambulance would make sense ??

12 minutes ago, sebitsena said:

You are right SollX

Thinking about your advice, a school + school bus or a hospital + ambulance would make sense ??

And a Post Office + Post Van? 

11 hours ago, SollX said:

vehicle = extra pieces = higher price

I agree. The wheels are terribly out of proportion to the rest of the car. That car was worse than any of the basic City minifig scale vehicles. Spend more on the actual building... or reduce the price of the set.

5 hours ago, sebitsena said:

You are right SollX

Or a carpentry workshop and a small truck for carrying planks of wood. 

17 hours ago, SollX said:

Agreed, that thing was pretty atrocious. It fit the theme of overpaid vapid hollyweird celebrities riding around in impractical pretentious ancient automobiles driven by chauffeurs, but it was really ugly. 

8 hours ago, sebitsena said:

You are right SollX

I really want a Hospital as I already have a custom Police and fire station! 
I wouldnt mind a school actually! Could be really cool with maybe a lunchroom, hallway with lockers and 2 small classrooms. 
Ive had ideas of modding the top two floors of assembly squares coffee shop into a school having two small classrooms as I already have a Nightclub that has instruments on sale. Waiting on the announcement before I put the detail in!

In my opinion, the PC' convertible's cars wheel should have been bigger than that but the main issue was a chunky exterior design that does not well matched with buildings..I think the recent winter series train station coach seems nice. that sort of design would be a nice addition to the 2018 modular but the question is..............will we see next year modular building? of course.. it will.. i can't wait.

21 hours ago, sebitsena said:

I did (well, I did back then), I didn't like it, so the parts for it went to the parts bin and I use instead a firetruck from the City line

And about the PC limousine, it was so ugly that I had to mod it, which was not so difficult to achieve a result that was good enough for me:

Getting really worried that there wont be a modular building next year...no rumours , no news no nothing :(

Give us something TLG

Edited by just_one

Don’t you just love how all up tight we get when we think we should know something.  The lack of a sneaked photo or set number and name sends us all into a right tizz.  I’m just the same, but can’t really justify buying much as I’m saving for the GBHQ.  It’ll have to wait till whatever it is hits real live shop shelves before I pick it up.

35 minutes ago, just_one said:

Getting really worried that there wont be a modular building next year...no rumours , no news no nothing :(

Give us something TLG

I will be worried when this state of affairs will be same after november. They (TLG) jist unveiled Joker Manor D2C set so probably they will come up with other news after launch date of that set... But if they dont give us something after that .... Well ... :/

36965990743_3499f368f9_b.jpg

I genuinely wish I knew how to put up images not-so-huge.

Well, as nothing is coming up recently and everybody is talking kind of nonsense, while on a trip to Switzerland, I found this pretty much perfect replica of Assembly Square. Imagine when on the side of the road in a town called "Seelisberg", I think, I saw this beauty. I was like: "Hey! I've seen that before! :laugh:). Actually, looking at it, someone should try making that building in Assembly Square Sand Blue, as here, it looks pretty bloody perfect.

I thought I wasn¡t going to see any more like this, but all around Zürich, on the not-so-famous riverside it's absolutely full of buildings just like it!

9 minutes ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

It's just completely different from AS but still pretty good:sweet:

Come on! Just colour is different! Shape and even the rooftop decorations are very similar!

4 hours ago, paupadros said:

Come on! Just colour is different! Shape and even the rooftop decorations are very similar!

Actually it is not :) only similarity culd be seen with that corner "turet", but those are very common here in middle/western Europe

Edited by Blazej_Holen

Ah, I see the similarities with the orange building from Assembly Square. It looks like an alternate reality version of the LEGO set, like a tan Green Grocer with masonry bricks instead of the slitted ones.

On 12-10-2017 at 3:28 AM, Terrasher said:

Ah, I see the similarities with the orange building from Assembly Square. It looks like an alternate reality version of the LEGO set, like a tan Green Grocer with masonry bricks instead of the slitted ones.

I wasn't sure of building my own version of the Green Grocer as I feared it would be oversized compared to the newer modulars, but then one day I saw a building with tan masonry bricks and big windows, it was very big compared to its neighbours. It looked like a real version of the LEGO Green Grocer. Now I have my sand green masonry Green Grocer and I'm very glad with it!

LEGO is trying to tempt us into buying big sets with double VIP-points and an exclusive VIP set. I guess we can expect an announcement soon! But only after we have impulsively bought one of the big sets like Ninjago City or Old Fishing Store because we don't have a modular to save our money for!

The Green Grocer seems to be really big and nice, but really expensive too, even used!

I was so tired of waiting the new modular that i looked for a Green Grocer or a Cafe Corner or a Market Street, three buildings i missed. Finally, i succeed in getting on ebay both Cafe Corner and Market Street for a fair price ^^

I will get the new modular next year.

2 hours ago, sebitsena said:

The Green Grocer seems to be really big and nice, but really expensive too, even used!

I was so tired of waiting the new modular that i looked for a Green Grocer or a Cafe Corner or a Market Street, three buildings i missed. Finally, i succeed in getting on ebay both Cafe Corner and Market Street for a fair price ^^

I will get the new modular next year.

Just wondering, what's a fair price for them nowadays? (Sorry if I'm too curious, but all I ever see are the scalpers offers for 1000€ and more...)

I'm happy with my BLed Cafe Corner and Blue Grocer, but it's srtill amazing/insane what original sets of those buildings fetch...