The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

7 hours ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Just announced an hour ago on Facebook, Palace Cinema retires soon!

Good for LEGO to give a head's up to people. I love my Palace Cinema a ton, would certainly recommend that anybody buy it if they've missed out on it!

I assumed it would probably retire this year. I decided to pick it up during the last double points promotion so that I wouldn't have to worry about missing out later on this year.

13 hours ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Just announced an hour ago on Facebook, Palace Cinema retires soon!

Good for LEGO to give a head's up to people. I love my Palace Cinema a ton, would certainly recommend that anybody buy it if they've missed out on it!

I like mine too. This is also means that the next modular to retire will be the Parisian Restaurant, but who knows when that'll be. 

3 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

I like mine too. This is also means that the next modular to retire will be the Parisian Restaurant, but who knows when that'll be. 

To be honest, I also have Palace Cinema (I have all of them), but in total I don't like PC... 

6 hours ago, astra said:

To be honest, I also have Palace Cinema (I have all of them), but in total I don't like PC... 

I like the PC but it's my least favorite Modular Building by far.
I bought the PC two years ago, built it, and have already disassembled it, while all of the others in our house are still together (FB, GE, PS, TH, PR, DO, BB, AS, and also Ninjago City).

PC needed another floor imo. Meanwhile, after thinking about what the next modular will be, I'm also wondering if the D2C LEGO Batman movie set, (rumored to be Wayne Manor), expected to come out will fit in the the modular line.

23 hours ago, astra said:

16 hours ago, lomis said:

I like the PC but it's my least favorite Modular Building by far.
I bought the PC two years ago, built it, and have already disassembled it

Thirded here. Least favorite as well and mine is also disassembled but it does look a bit better as a non-corner building as member Superfunk did. Even more unappealing though is the building its inspired by in Los Angeles. :sick: 

At least it has a good quantity of useful parts. 

I have to admit- PC is a little uninspiring. I created a bowling alley on the roof to add more purpose to the building and it works well but it doesn't add to the overall look. 

This comes as no surprise. With PS finally retired (when did that happen, btw?!) after its extremely long run, PC was the next to go. There once was a policy that they have three modulars available at any time, that went out the window long ago. Retiring PC now leaves four on the shelves, so the upcoming Butcher's Shop/Veterinarian can take its place as the fifth one currently available...

:wink:

1 hour ago, RogerSmith said:

so the upcoming Butcher's Shop/Veterinarian can take its place as the fifth one currently available...

If that is the next modular, I would be happy! Sounds like a excellent combo for animal moulds :sweet:

2 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

This comes as no surprise. With PS finally retired (when did that happen, btw?!) after its extremely long run, PC was the next to go. There once was a policy that they have three modulars available at any time, that went out the window long ago. Retiring PC now leaves four on the shelves, so the upcoming Butcher's Shop/Veterinarian can take its place as the fifth one currently available...

Is that conjecture or do you know something? :distressed:

Butcher Shop/Veterinarian?

Sounds suspicious, I hope it's not a Sweeney Todd type business - sick pets going in, pies coming out! :0

41 minutes ago, TheBeefThief said:

Butcher Shop/Veterinarian?

Sounds suspicious, I hope it's not a Sweeney Todd type business - sick pets going in, pies coming out! :0

I cringe at the storyline for this one :laugh:

5 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Wink once if you're sure about this. Wink twice if you're not :tongue:

Here in Sydney, Australia, there is thing that happens where old buildings are heritage protected but often just the facade is protected and new buildings are built on top. So you get some nice old style front for one or more stories and then a nice contemporary style above that, often set back a bit to give the illusion of it being behind the old building. I'd love to see something like that.

i'd also be interested in an Asian style building, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or a Latin American style building. I'd like some more modern architecture too rather than the almost exclusively old architecture.

20 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is that conjecture or do you know something? :distressed:

Just an offhand comment - suddenly had the idea in my head and couldn't stop grinning.

..."Set includes a chute down from the veterinarian office to the butcher."... :laugh:

Guess this will go on my bucket list for future MOCs :sweet:

Palace Cinema now listed as "sold out" on the US/CAN Shop@Home site.

Looks like the Facebook post created some panic and resulted in this sell off. I wouldn't be surprised if it came back in stock for this year's holiday period.

On another note, there's rumors circulating now the the Parisian Restaurant may also retire this year...in US/CAN max you can add to your cart at Shop@Home is 2 copies vice the typical 5.

Edited by eliminator

PR retiring already? It's way too good to be retired so early. In my opinion they could make an exception and have BB be the next to retire. You know... It's not even half as good.

PC is back ordered in the U.K. and PR is still at limit 5 so I don't think this is a sign. Personally, I think PR is one of the best modulars and I think it will last longer.

I wasn't collecting modulars the last time one was retired... did the LEGO Store discount it once it was listed as "Retiring Soon"? I don't have the Palace Cinema yet, and even though it is currently listed as out of stock in the US, I'm guessing it will come back in stock at some point, since a) it was never even listed as Retiring Soon on the website and b) the Batcave has been going in and out of stock (and backordering) ever since it was listed as Retiring Soon. 

I doubt they will discount it- they haven't with the others. It will probably come back into stock in the US but you will have to watch out because it will go out of stock quickly. 

On 9/9/2017 at 10:53 PM, Naijel said:

Here in Sydney, Australia, there is thing that happens where old buildings are heritage protected but often just the facade is protected and new buildings are built on top. So you get some nice old style front for one or more stories and then a nice contemporary style above that, often set back a bit to give the illusion of it being behind the old building. I'd love to see something like that.

i'd also be interested in an Asian style building, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, or a Latin American style building. I'd like some more modern architecture too rather than the almost exclusively old architecture.

There's always the Ninjago City Modular. I'd like to see someone MOC that to fit in better with the other modulars

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/NINJAGO-City-70620

On 9/10/2017 at 6:18 AM, eliminator said:

On another note, there's rumors circulating now the the Parisian Restaurant may also retire this year...in US/CAN max you can add to your cart at Shop@Home is 2 copies vice the typical 5.

It has been listed at a max of two for quite a number of months now. I don't think we will see it retire until next year though. 

Regardless I'll probably buy it before the end of the year since I don't have it yet.