The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

21 hours ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

I suppose that a Lego Store would be likely, as next year the Lego brick turns 60 years, so that might be a way to celebrate it...

That's a possibility, though I think Lego might instead opt for a small, generic toy store if that were the case. The store would have many fun easter egg references spread throughout relating to TLG's history.

Eurobricks user @Glerick had made a 60th anniversary modular suggestion on this thread for a museum that would serve a similar purpose, which I thought was pretty novel. :classic:

On 8/12/2017 at 10:13 AM, Giacinto Consiglio said:

I suppose that a Lego Store would be likely, as next year the Lego brick turns 60 years, so that might be a way to celebrate it...

The idea certainly has merit, and a lot of people have a stated interest in having one.  As long as the architecture style is interesting (not just a big box) and it is a challenging build, a Lego store would be great.  There could be some very interesting Easter Egg tiles inside, similar to how they put the Cafe Corner tile into the Assembly Square.  

On 8/13/2017 at 6:14 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

That's a possibility, though I think Lego might instead opt for a small, generic toy store if that were the case. The store would have many fun easter egg references spread throughout relating to TLG's history.

Eurobricks user @Glerick had made a 60th anniversary modular suggestion on this thread for a museum that would serve a similar purpose, which I thought was pretty novel. :classic:

Definitely agree. If they did, I don't think it would be a modular LEGO Store. It would be built as one the shops in a modular. 

On 12/08/2017 at 4:13 PM, Giacinto Consiglio said:

Maybe especially because TLG denied the lego ideas set of the lego store. Though, they do already have a little lego store in the City set City Corner. 

2 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Maybe especially because TLG denied the lego ideas set of the lego store. Though, they do already have a little lego store in the City set City Corner. 

And another one on the train station.

21 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

They denied the modular construction site as well.

On 15.8.2017 at 10:47 PM, Lego-fire said:

14 hours ago, Mosse1997 said:

They denied the modular construction site as well.

They turn down every modular building in addition to every other set that are to close to anything they already are making :tongue:

5 hours ago, danimarroquin said:

What does that even mean ? 

The next modular has to be a train station !

10256 was the carousel wasn't it?

did anyone see any of the leaks from the 2018 catalogue?

On 2017. 08. 23. at 10:24 AM, jonahtron said:

10256 was the carousel wasn't it?

did anyone see any of the leaks from the 2018 catalogue?

No. The carousel is 10257.

No, I'm not. I saw only the 'non-special' themes and some special themes' white/black boxes.

Instagram-member lego_peru already posted a catalogue page of Creator Expert but Instagram deleted it because leaks are not approved on this social media but there are two catalogue pages in a post what are covered by a page what say 'THE SET YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!' but if the other leaks is covered by something maybe Instagram doesn't delete them.

Edited by LEGOFANNER

Instagram-member lego_peru already posted a catalogue page of Creator Expert but Instagram deleted it because leaks are not approved on this social media but there are two Classic 2018 catalogue pages in a post what are covered by a page what say 'THE SET YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!' but I think if the other leaks is covered by something maybe Instagram doesn't delete them.

Edited by LEGOFANNER

1 hour ago, LEGOFANNER said:

Instagram-member lego_peru already posted a catalogue page of Creator Expert but Instagram deleted it because leaks are not approved on this social media but there are two Classic 2018 catalogue pages in a post what are covered by a page what say 'THE SET YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!' but if the other leaks is covered by something maybe Instagram doesn't delete them.

Yeah, I saw that, what was that anyway? Many of the Instagram comments for the post kept speaking of a "blue baseplate". :shrug_confused:

Just now, LEGOFANNER said:

@Digger of Bricks, what do you think? What the modular building will be?

Particularly, I don't know; but I've speculated before that it may be entied to the System's 60th anniversary next year.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Particularly, I don't know; but I've speculated before that it may be entied to the System's 60th anniversary next year.

It's maybe a good possibility. I will post a comment for you in Architecture 2018 topic.

Edited by LEGOFANNER

If its blue baseplate...It hint some marina themed building, but this year we already have one (Old Fishing Store)... Maybe they´ve added blue baseplate because they are no longer in production are they? If so, I cant imagine "train station" on blue basepplate, so It could be soem regular house maybe with pool on the other side, or small river, to be conected with Lego Ninjago City? :)

15 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

If its blue baseplate...It hint some marina themed building, but this year we already have one (Old Fishing Store)... Maybe they´ve added blue baseplate because they are no longer in production are they? If so, I cant imagine "train station" on blue basepplate, so It could be soem regular house maybe with pool on the other side, or small river, to be conected with Lego Ninjago City? :)

Ninjago City has nothing to do with the modular buildings so off course they will not make a connection to it in the next modular :wacko: That thing is huge compared to them and do not have the same architectural style, in short; do not fit at all! Lego have released several big buildings lately like; haunted house, old fishing store and Firehouse Headquarters. You can make them fit the modular street more or less after some modding, but officially they are not connected :classic:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Ninjago City has nothing to do with the modular buildings so off course they will not make a connection to it in the next modular :wacko: That thing is huge compared to them and do not have the same architectural style, in short; do not fit at all! Lego have released several big buildings lately like; haunted house, old fishing store and Firehouse Headquarters. You can make them fit the modular street more or less after some modding, but officially they are not connected :classic:

Though in contrast to all the others you mentioned, Ninjago City follows the modular standard, at least in so far as it has the standard connector pins on each side. So while it belongs in a totally different setting, it still is somehow tied in.

Btw, Jangbricks put it in his City for a video on youtube, next to the Town Hall. It didn't look half as bad as you'd expect.

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

As RogerSmith says..unlike mentioned Haunted House, Old Fishing Store and GBHQ Ninjago city has pin connectors on exactly same spots as modular bulding sets does. So maybe its not officialy tied in but technically it is ment to be connectible. So I dont agree with your statement that Ninjago city "doesnt fit at all!!!" :) Set itself is designed as "district" in modular city I guess... 

I sincerely hope the next modular is as good as Assembly Square, I loved building it, I loved the different designs and architecture involved and I loved the way that it could tell so many different stories with the different shops all packed in together.

I've only recently got into modulars, I have the pet shop, Parisian Restaurant and Assembly Square and hope next years will be just as good.

6 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Though in contrast to all the others you mentioned, Ninjago City follows the modular standard, at least in so far as it has the standard connector pins on each side. So while it belongs in a totally different setting, it still is somehow tied in.

Btw, Jangbricks put it in his City for a video on youtube, next to the Town Hall. It didn't look half as bad as you'd expect.

3 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

As RogerSmith says..unlike mentioned Haunted House, Old Fishing Store and GBHQ Ninjago city has pin connectors on exactly same spots as modular bulding sets does. So maybe its not officialy tied in but technically it is ment to be connectible. So I dont agree with your statement that Ninjago city "doesnt fit at all!!!" :) Set itself is designed as "district" in modular city I guess... 

Could be you are right or maybe Lego is planning to release several Ninjago city modulars if the first one is selling well :wink:

On 8/24/2017 at 6:37 AM, Blazej_Holen said:

I'm not sure how long they've been out of production.  Individually, I think it's been a few years.  There was a blue baseplate included with the Sydney Opera House, though.

The photos that were leaked earlier this week shows Blue Baseplates back as an individual item again next year.  So, looks like they are back.