The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

8 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

'Let's kill off a successful line, which still has many years to run', said no business, ever.

I very much doubt they'll kill the Modular line. Why would they? No reason at all.

Exactly. No need to freak out..... yet. :grin:

45 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Brent Waller, creator of the Ideas Ghoatbusters set.. but he said it was a rumor. 

At this stage I wouldn't give it much credence, basically all I heard was "I heard they were giving it a big send off to finish the modular line off"

I'd happily collect them for another 10 years, the only one I don't have is Market Street which I don't consider a real modular. I passed on it when it was readily available and I still don't regret it.

7 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

Exactly...that is what i wanted to read... that is common sense... never change a winning team! I doubt it either!

And how do you know it is a winning team? Do you access to sales info from the modular line? I doubt it, so how do you know it is successful?

There are a lot of AFOL train fans and in my opinion the Emeral Night, Horizon Express etc.. were all a big success, but still there is no new expert train after the Horizon Express. And no, the holiday train doesn't count!

Just now, ChrisO said:

And how do you know it is a winning team? Do you access to sales info from the modular line? I doubt it, so how do you know it is successful?

There are a lot of AFOL train fans and in my opinion the Emeral Night, Horizon Express etc.. were all a big success, but still there is no new expert train after the Horizon Express. And no, the holiday train doesn't count!

Simple, because the modular line runs for 10 years now....

3 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

Simple, because the modular line runs for 10 years now....

There were trains aimed at AFOL fans for many years too... Nothing lasts forever. If sales/profit go down, then it doesn't matter if it runs for 10, 20 or 50 years...

Maybe they feel it is time for a change and they have something even better in store than a new modular building every year...

Just now, ChrisO said:

There were trains aimed at AFOL fans for many years too... Nothing lasts forever. If sales/profit go down, then it doesn't matter if it runs for 10, 20 or 50 years...

Maybe they feel it is time for a change and they have something even better in store than a new modular building every year...

Hope they show it soon then!

1 minute ago, ChrisO said:

Indeed Nothing lasts forever.  It would be sad to see the modular line to finish, however, there is not a lot left to do.  We have had places that serve food, places to buy goods, places to stay and places for recreation.  Office blocks are not exciting, and the 'story' behind the later modulars, although not always popular, means that they are going in a play direction, not display direction.  Maybe we'll get a police station as part of the Assembly Square, and they'll call it a day, as the last thing I can see them having on a 1920s-40s street.

In the meantime, look at the inspiration it has given us all.  I only have two modulars, Palace Cinema and Detective office, since I can't get hold of brick bank here, and Shop@Home has had issue for my location, but I have designed and built 4 modular style buildings on the same scale which I would never have done before. 

Just now, Paperballpark said:

It amazes me just how many people on here have so very little common sense... :look:

what do u mean?

24 minutes ago, just_one said:

$279.99 according to ghostmind in neogaf...

how much would that be in euros? around 250€ right?

$270 sounds about right - the amount of detail Big Ben has for a similar price 

25 minutes ago, just_one said:

$279.99 according to ghostmind in neogaf...

how much would that be in euros? around 250€ right?

299.99 euros :P

Edited by Darth Wayne

32 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

Indeed Nothing lasts forever.  It would be sad to see the modular line to finish, however, there is not a lot left to do.

I was at the Q&A session with Jamie Berard & Jan Beyer during the Skærbæk Fan Weekend 2016 (less than a month ago) and I'm not worried at all that we will see the end of the modular line anytime soon. I was left believing they have ideas for at least 5 years of modulars, and that the modulars are stronger than ever in terms of sales.

3 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

I was at the Q&A session with Jamie Berard & Jan Beyer during the Skærbæk Fan Weekend 2016 (less than a month ago) and I'm not worried at all that we will see the end of the modular line anytime soon. I was left believing they have ideas for at least 5 years of modulars, and that the modulars are stronger than ever in terms of sales.

Same here. From Jamie's responses, the only thing that may change is the amount of his involvement in the line (since he now mostly does management stuff). 

2 minutes ago, just_one said:

really? lol

You know we always get shafted in Europe when it comes to pricing compared to the US!

Though i suppose this often applies to other themes not necessarily to the Modular line...

1 minute ago, Darth Wayne said:

You know we always get shafted in Europe when it comes to pricing compared to the US!

Though i suppose this often applies to other themes not necessarily to the Modular line...

didnt know that.

just saw the price for the other ones in the US shop and its about the same in dollars and in euros so 280€ it is then...

Looks like an homage to the cafe corner on the bottom left and the green grocer in the middle middle...

And a real homage to the Cafe Corner on the hands of the guy on the far right...

Nice to see some more residential looking upper stores too.

The flowershop looks a little shallow, but maybe that is just an illusion from the picture.

Steve

That is amazing!! Can't wait until January! I only have the last 5 modulars unfortuneately but hope to pick up some of the older ones as I go.

Very nice. Few throwbacks to cafe corner there. Perhaps a little cramped looking for my liking but I'll probably still pick one up at some point.

They used Thor's Hammer as a decoration for the florist's.
And it works really well.
I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. XD

Edited by TheBeefThief

Very nice! New pieces in the pavement - a 2x2 corner tile with diagonal corner.

It doesn't split though. That's a bit of a shame, but hey, I guess you can't have everything.

This looks so good that I'm not sure if I'll be able to postpone the purchase until double VIP points.

Yeah, I'll have to have this on day 1 if possible. Might have to make a trip to Austria in January :D

LOADS of new parts as well as parts in new colors.