The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I know there was some question about that PowerPoint that showed Assembly Square info. One question was about the Modular Buidlings graphic that was displayed in one corner. The graphic was missing the Brick Bank. 

The newest catalog showed up today and I noticed the same graphic (no Brick Bank) was in the catalog. 

6IZQfjS.jpg

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

The newest catalog showed up today and I noticed the same graphic (no Brick Bank) was in the catalog. 

Except, in this case, the Brick Bank is still clearly visible just above that image. This seems more along the lines of showing off the BB, and then informing people of the other available buildings.

8 hours ago, nikhkin said:

Except, in this case, the Brick Bank is still clearly visible just above that image. This seems more along the lines of showing off the BB, and then informing people of the other available buildings.

I'm assuming you mean that the Brick Bank is in the catalog, next to that image?  Yes, it is.  But so are the Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant, and Detectives Office.  Those four are all on those two pages in the catalog, next to the image.

My point was more that the image on that PowerPoint matches this image in the catalog.  Meaning that LEGO is still using this image as their image of "these are the modulars."

""In any case, I don't think the 10th Anniversary "announcement" proves or disproves your theory. Cafe Corner, the first modular, came out in 2007. The 10th Anniversary set will come out in 2017, 10 years later. Nothing yet about it being the 10th modular. If that set is real, it'll probably have some history info in the booklet and we'll then see if Market Street is mentioned. ""

I didn't want to copy the pictures over so just the pertinent points.  I agree with your statement for the most part, but an anniversary is usually held each year (of course there are exceptions) and we know each set came out 1 per year so that is my thinking of why they are excluding the Market Street.  As you say it is the 10th year...and if they exclude MS then it is the 10th modular. 

All of this is nitpicking for sure, but just waiting til November.  I hope it is Nov 1 as well and not Nov 30.

On October 12, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Herky said:

We can discuss that it says 10th Anniversary Modular, so then CC, GG, TH, FB, PS, PR, PC, BB, DO are the true modular items according to TLG and Market Street is NOT considered one in the street...interesting, but makes sense as it was really the first fan Ideas construct.  Not sure I will ever get the CC due to price, but happy the rest of them sit on my street.  Or there is always speculation on 2018 and beyond...lots of things to fill in before November.

But what about the Grand Emporium?

Will 2017's Modular Building not be the 11th Modular Building and arguably the 12th, depending on if you count Market Street?

Granted, I'm bad at math, and years are weird sometimes, but I'm pretty sure this is the 11th Modular on the 10th anniversary of the line. 

I am fully ready to be told I'm an idiot for miscalculations. I'm not a math person. Maybe a math person can either correct me or tell me I got it right.

7 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

But what about the Grand Emporium?

Will 2017's Modular Building not be the 11th Modular Building and arguably the 12th, depending on if you count Market Street?

Herky's list is missing GE, but there are still only 10 modulars (11 if you count MS):

1. CC 2007 / MS 2007
  2. GG 2008
  3. FB 2009
  4. GE 2010
  5. PS 2011
  6. TH 2012
  7. PC 2013
  8. PR 2014
  9. DO 2015
  10. BB 2016

16 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I know there was some question about that PowerPoint that showed Assembly Square info. One question was about the Modular Buidlings graphic that was displayed in one corner. The graphic was missing the Brick Bank. 

6IZQfjS.jpg

Is that from an official Lego catalogue?

Cause someone really did not know what perspectives are... The way Pet Shop has been inexpertly pasted into the pic is photoshop-disaster-worthy.

Oh man, thank you, I really thought my list was incomplete, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out which one I was missing...and of course, I even looked downstairs at my street and totally missed it as I don't have CC so when I counted I had 10.  So yeah, 10 without MS, 11 with, the 10th anniversary is from the sell date in 2007 to sell date 2017...which makes sense.  Now to get here and let us know. 

41 minutes ago, Herky said:

Oh man, thank you, I really thought my list was incomplete, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out which one I was missing...and of course, I even looked downstairs at my street and totally missed it as I don't have CC so when I counted I had 10.  So yeah, 10 without MS, 11 with, the 10th anniversary is from the sell date in 2007 to sell date 2017...which makes sense.  Now to get here and let us know. 

You're welcome. It confused me for a while the other day as well. Numbers are goofy.

yep, I knew what I meant but it somehow didn't translate from brain to page, I keep waffling on saving for a bricklinked CC or trying to find one at a decent price.  But then seeing the AS, guess that is how we will refer to it, at a potential of $300 or more...plus I would like to buy Big Ben, so...just grateful I can get the ones I can to be honest.

8 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Is that from an official Lego catalogue?

Cause someone really did not know what perspectives are... The way Pet Shop has been inexpertly pasted into the pic is photoshop-disaster-worthy.

Yes. The that's from the US Holiday 2016 Catalog that came out yesterday. 

8 hours ago, Herky said:

The 10th anniversary is for 10 years of modular buildings, as 'anni' in anniverseray is related to annual, so we celebrate something 'annual'-like... and 10-years is a certain milestone ofcourse!

It seems, the picture with the anniversary-logo is real:

Screenshot_2016-10-14-14-25-32_zpsr6eau1

This pic can be found in the new german christmas Shop@home cataloge (Link: http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/LEGOMKTG/catalog/DE_SAH_2016-Holiday_lr[1].pdf)

By the way, it says: "To celebrate the 10th anniversary of our modular building series, there will be something very special in January. Watch our anouncements!"

Edited by franzal
Corrected some typos...

I'm confused to why people think the next modular may be a hospital - if it's called Assembly Square (assuming that is the title of the modular) then what would that phrase have to do with a hospital?

to me, an Assembly Square sounds like the kind of central area of a town, which could work as the centre of a modular display, but the name sounds like a place where people assemble, like a park of some kind.... but if it's a park or a large fountain in a town square (with seating, and maybe a hotdog stand?) then how is that in keeping with the large modular buildings?

perhaps Assembly Square is something else for the City theme, and not the next modular title? maybe the next modular building is larger than previous ones, perhaps with 2 baseplates, maybe a full "32x32" and a half "16x32" plate, so it offers a smaller section which can slot inbetween two other modulars, or combined with the larger building?

2 hours ago, BritishBrickFan said:

An assembly could also be another term for a government building such as a parliament or something similar in function.  Even if that is not what the next modular is, you could still have a town square of some kind of other important building on the perimeter of it.   

Edited by AFOLguy1970
My own text was quoted as another poster's text

The idea of a hospital was a wishlist item that went out of control.

Seems like we are gradually getting more information that confirms the rumours.

I think 'Assembly Square' is just a full on code name, in that an assembly is the bricks (which get assembled to build the modular), and square is what the modular bricks are built on (the baseplates).
I don't think Assembly Square relates at all to what the building itself could actually be.

Personally, I do think "Assembly Square" is related to the shape and function of the next modular, all modulars had "straight to the point" names, no code.. Plus, we have had Town Plan (10184), Town Square (60026) sets in the past that were also "special" editions or larger buildings combinations than usual.. I am almost certain that Assembly Square will be a combination of multiple buildings/elements that will potentially "assemble" (like previously mentioned sets) modulars around it.. Also remembering the initial rumors, potentially on several ground heights.. Let's hope this "ultimate" modular will surpass our expectations! I am sure it will 

Edited by SwissBrick

I think "Assembly Square" will be a big construction site on a 64 by 64 base that will fit inside the modular building square when they are finished and placed like a big block... 

If it's a construction site that Ideas guy will not be happy... they seem to be doing that recently

32 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

If it's a construction site that Ideas guy will not be happy... they seem to be doing that recently

People say that often, but you forget that it takes a long time to design and release a Lego set. They won't approve an Ideas set if they're planning something similar. Why give money to someone for coming up with an idea that is already happening anyway?

Plus they're clear on that sets based on existing licenses / themes are not going to happen.