The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Well, at least we can expect something different!! I'm pretty excited... although i hope it isnt a square, as i have one already...

This is exciting news!

Here's my guess. A town square on a 32x32 plate, along with two buildings on 16x32 baseplates. The buildings could go on either side of the square for a standalone display or be put anywhere into a full modular city.

I'm also convinced that we will be getting a Post Office, if not as part of this set then in the next few years. 

If we consider the price could be Danish Krone, that would put this set around 360 EUR, quite a set.

I expect also a park with an official building, post office, police or museum...

Really looking forward for more details!

Edited by Minique85

I mean $300 is big, but we shouldn't set our expectations so high that we're inevitably disappointed. A 'standard' modular is around 2200 pieces, and the Sandcrawler is likely the same price as the square, and it has 3296 pieces. There's an argument to be made that Star Wars and Creator have much different price per piece ratios, but at the same time this isn't going to be 10,000 pieces for $300. Also, the byline seems to suggest it will be a single building. If that's the case, I could see a double wide modular with a square in front of it for $300, but not a square surrounded by restaurants.

The screen capture says "Ultimate Modular Building" and not "Buildings" so it should be a single building. I think we will not get another Restaurant, Mall or Hotel, but a massive elegant building like a museum, a library, a court, an opera...

Square means a little bit of nature so we will get nice brick-built trees. 

Here is Google Image answer for "Assembly Square" :

AS2.jpg

assembly-sq-lg575.jpg

gravestar-taurus_assembly-square_pigeon-

Edited by sebitsena

I'm hoping it's a large square with lots of trees, little stalls, people walking around, a magnificent fountain in the middle etc. But then it technically won't be a modular building anymore. Assembly Square does seem to imply a large open space with perhaps a raised stage in the middle for concerts, speeches or such.

"Assembly Square"! Very interesting.

I'm picturing some kind of open park / pedestrian mall / shopping arcade, but I'm not sure that would display particularly well with other Modulars and I'm also not sure it would warrant what is possibly such a high price (if the price is in Danish Kroners). Anyway, I can't wait to hear and SEE more.

I'm with NotTheSinger on this one. It would be nice if there was a building shaped kind of like a "U" upside down when looked at from above. In the center there would be a nice little park while still having a pushed-back building to surround it.

In any case, really excited for any leaks or more info.

Perhaps it's a re-release of all 11 modulars, plus a 12th? Then they can literally be 'assembled' into a 'square', hence, assembly square.

If it's actually a city square it'll be my first Modular I pick up. What if it's like a bigger version of the city community pack 60134!?!? Can't wait to see, although rumors about these modulars have not always been true so who knows... ie. the Arcade rumor

The 4/1 release date is throwing me. Unless April Fools day isn't a thing in Denmark and it's just a coincidence?

The fact that they acknowledge the 10th anniversary and call it the "ultimate" modular is getting my hopes up..... so much that when I saw the RRP (and naively assumed it was in USD), I started thinking of what I'll need to sell to get a $2,700 set :laugh:

edit:...... aaaaand I just realized that if the RRP is in kroner, the date is proboably also in  DD/MM/YY format. D'oh

Edited by Kellelely
Clarification

OMG Yes! Im so glad they're celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Modular line. Their description of "ultimate modular" and the name Assembly Square have my imagination running wild. From google image search I see a lot of tall buildings, with a lot of green trees/plants/flowers. Could it be a Hotel/Apt building with the main first floor being some kind of business and the from be filled with tress and shrubs? November hurry up already. :grin:

Can't 4/1 mean January 4th? I think months and days switch in some countries. Although, it would be weird to release something any other day than the first of the month.

4 hours ago, Kellelely said:

The 4/1 release date is throwing me

Wednesday 4th January 2017. Seems a perfectly good date to me.

3 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Can't 4/1 mean January 4th? I think months and days switch in some countries. Although, it would be weird to release something any other day than the first of the month.

In asia and NZ it has always been day/month/year. I think the alternative might just be an American thing

54 minutes ago, Jern92 said:

In asia and NZ it has always been day/month/year. I think the alternative might just be an American thing

Exactly

Month/day/year is only used in one country: The USA

What a surprise....

Edited by Robert8

I hope it is one large building on baseplates that cover 48x32 with an extra 16x32 park beside it.. I hope that they're focusing on the building, not on the park, or square....

Looking forward to this. the anticipation is building as we get closer to finding out. I wonder if the early rumours have some truth with it being a 32 x 32 base plate with an extra 16 x 32 base plate. They did say inverted corner though. 

Interesting.....Maybe LegoSjaak has influenced the builders into putting a square into production due to the overwhelming positive response to it....we will see.

1 minute ago, Wookiee said:

Looking forward to this. the anticipation is building as we get closer to finding out. I wonder if the early rumours have some truth with it being a 32 x 32 base plate with an extra 16 x 32 base plate. They did say inverted corner though. 

Interesting.....Maybe LegoSjaak has influenced the builders into putting a square into production due to the overwhelming positive response to it....we will see.

Well, if thát would be true...:blush:... But i'm pretty sure, say 99,9% that this couldn't be true... haha!   If there is a square, it will be small, as TLG knows that a lot of people keep their modulars on shelves or other limited spaces....