The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

9 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

The first of october would be a perfect day to release some information about the new modular as we all enter the weekend that day...so, lots of time and opportunity to share, like and dislike the first discriptions of the new modular..  I still stick to my Bakery, and ordered 7 Seagulls in advance, so they can eat the breadcrumbs, falling out of the delivery-van...:wink:..

Nesquik, i didn't get up last night to check if there was any news already...:grin:

How TALL is this IMAGINARY bakery of yours? 

So on /r/lego there's a leaked presentation showing current modular buildings ... 10255 Assembly Square it reads on top

Celebrating Modular Buildings 10th Anniversary

The Ultimate Modular Building

Complete details will be shared once D2C has officially unveiled the product. This will probably happen in November 2016.

Campaign will be created to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Modular Building line.

Product Code 10255
Age 16+
Market Launch Date 4/1/2017
RRP 2699

Edited by Emmi

Sounds promising.  this could be a couple of full size buildings in a single set.  That RRP is in what? USD?

18 minutes ago, Emmi said:

So on /r/lego there's a leaked presentation showing current modular buildings ... 10255 Assembly Square it reads on top

Product Code 10255
Age 16+
RRP 2699

Well, you say "current" but it's a year out of date. It shows PC, PR and DO. I would expect up to date material to show the BB.

5 minutes ago, Sven F said:

Sounds promising.  this could be a couple of full size buildings in a single set.  That RRP is in what? USD?

Doubtful, that would suggest something 10 times the size of a standard modular. Most like in Kroner, which would make it about £300-350 depending on exchange rate.

Or do they mean some kind of park to assemble a square of modulars.....maybe the park is an extra release, besides the regular modular??  Hmm..i'm getting pretty excited!!!

2 hours ago, namioik said:

How TALL is this IMAGINARY bakery of yours? 

I would say the same size as Pet Shop... :classic:

Really curious now. Bigger set sounds promising...Assembly Square somehow does not. I'm picturing a bigger than usual footprint with lots of empty space (the square).

Also hope 'ultimate' is used as in 'the best', not as in 'the last'

15 hours ago, Kellelely said:

I have heard (third hand, originally from someone who claims to have seen the new lineup), that it will be a bakery + dentists office. This was definitely about one of the Creator sets (the townhouse was also mentioned), but the implication was that this was the modular, specifically. No idea how legit it is, or if it would be one building with two functions (a la bank + laundromat), or two buildings (a la  Pet Shop). 

No matter what it ends up being, I can't wait to see it. 

Wouldn't a candy shop be more appropriate to combine with a dentist's office? It surely would lead to a nice educational background story. :laugh:

found that Reddit link, it sounds very interesting, guess we are waiting until November to find out, lots of speculation on RRP, Recommended Retail Price?  2699 seems odd amount, the rest reads similar to US interests so the 2699 is throwing me a bit.  Could be $269.90?  hard to think it is $26.99...not sure how many folks would buy at a $2,699 amount. 

1 hour ago, Emmi said:

Celebrating Modular Buildings 10th Anniversary

The Ultimate Modular Building

Complete details will be shared once D2C has officially unveiled the product. This will probably happen in November 2016.

Campaign will be created to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Modular Building line.

Product Code 10255
Age 16+
RRP 2699

Considering Set #10255 is a Lego R2-D2 (http://brickset.com/sets/10225-1/R2-D2), I would say it is fake.

GBHQ is 3000 Kroner, so I guess something of that volume could be expected, I just hope it's not another "Town plan" revival set with lots of mediocre stuff in one.

As I posted in a Facebook AFOL group earlier, I'm getting the feeling this could be City Center type idea for a large open square with the other modulars intended to go around it.

As for the 10255 already being the large R2D2, maybe that is a typo?

The problem with a "city square" type centre is that the modulars don't form a square in that way. They can form a block with space behind, not in front.

The biggest giveaway certainly seems to be the use of a prior existing code. Doubtful it would be used again!

Edit: nevermind. Acalade was mistaken (presumably due to erroneous google results)

Edited by nikhkin

Just now, nikhkin said:

The problem with a "city square" type centre is that the modulars don't form a square in that way. They can form a block with space behind, not in front.

The biggest giveaway certainly seems to be the use of a prior existing code. Doubtful it would be used again!

It isn't a prior code though, acalade had his numbers mixed up, 10255 hasn't been used that I could find and the R2 is 10225.

Just now, Herky said:

It isn't a prior code though, acalade had his numbers mixed up, 10255 hasn't been used that I could find and the R2 is 10225.

Yes, I figured that out when I googled it. Some reviews had mistakenly used the wrong number.

I do still find it odd, we've never had such clear screenshots of (what I assume) is an internal document before.

agree, almost seems too good to be true, and when it says square, I think of the old time squares where the band played in the middle of the park, with some statues and a rotunda type open sided structure, agree with you that the buildings would not fit around it correctly unless there were more...might be across a few baseplates so you have two modular on each long side, then the corners then one modular on the narrower side...but you would need 10 modular to do that and we are one short unless the square also has a modular with it. 

Considering the potential size and name, I might expect this to be a large building on a 48x48 baseplate. Either that, or some sort of public square with modular buildings surrounding it.

The "modular" nature of these buildings wouldn't really work on a 48x48 baseplate, that would really mess with a lot of people's setups, but something that stretches over two 32x32 plates might.

4 minutes ago, Herky said:

agree, almost seems too good to be true, and when it says square, I think of the old time squares where the band played in the middle of the park, with some statues and a rotunda type open sided structure, agree with you that the buildings would not fit around it correctly unless there were more...might be across a few baseplates so you have two modular on each long side, then the corners then one modular on the narrower side...but you would need 10 modular to do that and we are one short unless the square also has a modular with it. 

That's my thoughts on this too! Maybe the 10th Modular will be a "historic building" that the square was built for way back when and now utility is a museum?

I mean obviously 'Assembly' is a fun little name because it's Lego, but if it has double meanings I'd be honestly surprised to see another building with a purpose so similar to the town hall. The immediate thing that came to my mind was a little public square with a fountain much like the one in the 2008 Town Plan set. But a $300 price tag would mean much more than just that; perhaps there is a 32x64 building with a public square in front of it? It would mesh well with the rest of the modulars.

Assembly Square could mean a huge set with various restaurants and shops ... I'm excited!

Also 10255 is the next Creator Expert set number ... latest ist 10254 which is the just released Expert Winter Train. 10253 is Big Ben ...

well i think it has to be really big,i mean ,  if its going to be the anniversary and it possibly will cost 269 or more,  i don't think they would sell just a square. i think its going to be a government building with a square.

c´mon, if its more expensive than the london bridge (which is massive) this will be a big thing. 

Edited by cosmolon