The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The 1st rumor on this site and topic about the Brick Bank was Sept 29th 2015 by Nesquik

On September 29, 2015 at 3:27 AM, nesquik said:

Firehouse isn't 'replacing' the modular; the latter will still be released and will serve as a place to save your money. Next landmark model is also being released, but without wanting to spoil another surprise, just imagine you can fly...

So any day hoping to have some idea on what were getting for the 2017 Modular.

Edited by Lego Conductor

2 hours ago, jus1973 said:

I don't mind what it is, just that it's available more widely.  Where I live we can only get the modulars from larger Manor stores (I'm in Switzerland, they're a department store, like John Lewis in the UK, or Bloomingdales in the US), and even then, the only models I've been able to locate this year have been the detectives office, and the cinema.  Given I think that brick bank was 2015 model, its a bit annoying that you can't find it for sale.  Shop at home is not an option as shipping and taxation add to the cost to a prohibitive level.

Hello jus1973, I too live in Switzerland, there is no taxation issue, unlike like when you buy on eBay, and the shipping is free as of 100CHF, which is the case for modulars.. So don't hesitate to order on shop at home..   Also please note that Frank Carl Weber stores have more sets than Manor, they have some modulars and other exclusive sets like the Beetle, Simpsons and so on.. If you live in a big (euh medium, there is no "big" city here..) city there must be one FCW store..

Edited by SwissBrick

1 minute ago, Athos said:

What does imagine you can fly refer to?

Steve

I think it refers to the fact that the new Architecture sets were all skylines.

4 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

omg please be more specific, waiting is killing me hahahah.

can u give us another clue??? please¡

if you change the L for R, its fry, so maybe a dinner place in 50s style??

5 hours ago, Athos said:

What does imagine you can fly refer to?

Steve

Possibly wishful thinking, but here's my guess: You're reminding me of the Superman tagline, "you will believe a man can fly." So my hopeful guess is that this is a comic book shop. 

Other guesses: Travel agency? Sounds a bit boring, so hopefully not.

I kind of thought it was referring to architecture sets. Big Ben is an interesting theory though.

Steve

3 hours ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Possibly wishful thinking, but here's my guess: You're reminding me of the Superman tagline, "you will believe a man can fly." So my hopeful guess is that this is a comic book shop. 

Other guesses: Travel agency? Sounds a bit boring, so hopefully not.

Gah. A Travel Agency would be useless to me. Hope it's not that.

Probably not a travel agency simply for the fact that there is not much of a storyline you could get from that.  What more could you have than a minifig coming in to buy a printed tile from another minifig that represents the travel package?  No secret passages, no candy barrels, no wedding proposal, etc.  Plus, if you had a travel agency, you would need some travel posters.  Considering the grief that Palace Cinema got from the sticker sheet for movie posters, I doubt Lego would want to revisit that again.  

"You can fly" WAS LAST YEAR CLUE, NOT CURRENT!!!!! It was posted in September 2015 and referred to the Big Ben.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NEXT MODULAR BUILDING.

Edited by Vodnik

2 hours ago, Vodnik said:

"You can fly" WAS LAST YEAR CLUE, NOT CURRENT!!!!! It was posted in September 2015 and referred to the Big Ben.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NEXT MODULAR BUILDING.

Haha finaly someone noticed.

I didn't say annything because i wonderd just how crazy you guys would get over this.

I've got an offer to buy both the Market Street and Cafe Corner (10190 & 10182) for the price of 600 Euros (670 Dollar), its bricks only, so no booklets or boxes.

Is this a fair/good price? What do you guys think?

Edited by Doge

Actually he might be refering to the next Architecture sets, because there will be some Skyscrapers comming, as you can find on reddit :)

19 hours ago, SwissBrick said:

Hello jus1973, I too live in Switzerland, there is no taxation issue, unlike like when you buy on eBay, and the shipping is free as of 100CHF, which is the case for modulars.. So don't hesitate to order on shop at home..   Also please note that Frank Carl Weber stores have more sets than Manor, they have some modulars and other exclusive sets like the Beetle, Simpsons and so on.. If you live in a big (euh medium, there is no "big" city here..) city there must be one FCW store..

Thanks Swissbrick.

Theres only one FCW within an hour of me, and it's quite small.  They don't carry a great selection.  Sadly the stores seem to be mostly in the German part, and I'm on the Vaud/Valais border up in the mountains.  I'd be interested in how you avoided the Swiss post opening your boxes, and slamming their lovely taxes on.  Of the three items I've ordered from shop at home in the last four years, each has been followed by the chf20 opening charge, and varying amounts of tax.  The worst was my technic Arocs, which came to nearly 70, as it was shipped in a plain brown box, with no lego logos.  Maybe it's because I'm in the mountains, that the delivery charge is insufficient. It's put me off as a 170 set becomes 220. 

5 hours ago, jus1973 said:

Thanks Swissbrick.

Theres only one FCW within an hour of me, and it's quite small.  They don't carry a great selection.  Sadly the stores seem to be mostly in the German part, and I'm on the Vaud/Valais border up in the mountains.  I'd be interested in how you avoided the Swiss post opening your boxes, and slamming their lovely taxes on.  Of the three items I've ordered from shop at home in the last four years, each has been followed by the chf20 opening charge, and varying amounts of tax.  The worst was my technic Arocs, which came to nearly 70, as it was shipped in a plain brown box, with no lego logos.  Maybe it's because I'm in the mountains, that the delivery charge is insufficient. It's put me off as a 170 set becomes 220. 

Wow, actually on my side, I have never had the swiss post opening my orders from shop at home, but they always do on items bought on ebay (used items, not new) and I also had bad surprises.. Like 50 extra CHF on a custom build train passenger car to go along with emerald night.. I live also in the french part (Neuchâtel) but our FCW has a quite big selection..

Now I will give you a secret tip: Go to Toppreise.ch and enter the set number you want, i.e. Lego 10251 (Brick Bank) and you will find it even cheaper than on shop at home or the same price (available tout de suite)..: http://www.toppreise.ch/prod_439902.html

There are only swiss based online shops, so no borders crossed and therefore no surprises by the Post!!!

Bonne soirée and happy building!

@CM4Sci has now killer whale as the profile pic, and that has got to be hint for something, but I don't know what 

Could this be a clue for the next modular?

Maybe an aquarium? :sceptic:

While I don't mind the discussion going a little off-topic once in a while, it is going too far recently. There are members checking here for news about the upcoming modular building and this speculation is going to lead to confusion. I also doubt a lot of people have information about the upcoming modular as TLG has been able to contain leaks relatively well and we have not heard a lot about new exclusives until very close to the release date.

22 minutes ago, Carisma said:

Nevertheless, shall we predict the 2017 one is a corner building?

Mmmm, II doubt it. Assuming the usual pattern holds, the next corner won't be until 2019.

Apologies for the off topic.  

As for preference, I quite like the idea of having a regular straight modular that can be split in half.  The corners only really work if you've space to show them in block format. I also like the idea of inventive small interiors, like the apartment in the DO. I'm not too fussed about the story based play features, such as the hidden panel in the barbers shop.  

24 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

Apologies for the off topic.  

As for preference, I quite like the idea of having a regular straight modular that can be split in half.  The corners only really work if you've space to show them in block format. I also like the idea of inventive small interiors, like the apartment in the DO. I'm not too fussed about the story based play features, such as the hidden panel in the barbers shop.  

By all means, I wouldn't call a kitchen and a toilet an apartment :classic: