The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I completely forgot that next year would be the 10th anniversary of the modular theme. With that in mind, I now wonder if the 2017 modular is going to be something grand and over the top to celebrate the 10th anniversary. I kind of of expect them to now just to celebrate. Something to really WOW us. hmmm.

what if the anniversary modular is designed by jaimie, astrid and the there one??? would be epic.

pd: what is the name of the other designer?

A collaboration of all 3 designers to make one modular for the anniversary modular would be cool. Its all speculation now, because they might just do a regular modular anyway, with no mention of a 10 year anniversary.

My feeling is there will be a Modular Music-Shop.... guitars, drums, piano, trumpets, vinyl and so on.... Complete with street-musicians!

Well, that's also on my wish list. Arcade machines built with Lego bricks are so awesome, like the Midway Arcade set in Lego Dimensions & arcade machines in Lego Kwik-E-Mart. The arcade theme is so nostalgic that it would definitely be a perfect fit to somewhat retro feel of modular buildings.

Both of these are great ideas. Maybe another 2-in-1 like the Pet Shop?

With it being the 10th anniversary, why has no-one mentioned a 10230 part two yet? I'd love the most recent modulars to be released in that mini-modular style!

The anniversary could also be the perfect time for a "Lego Store" Modular Building. There is a great one at Lego ideas at the moment! But then it wouldn't be chosen.

What a about a Museum with place for an "Anniversary Room" and Microscaled Buildings? That would sound really great, after Brick Bank ... Brickmuseum.

I also like the idea of a hospital but I think that would be too big. Perhaps a combination like a private praxis of a dentist and a doctor and some therapeuts (the couch for a psychiatric couch would be great) also a gym for physio therapy and put them in a historical building. I would love to see some "Jugendstil" (art deco) we have lot of them on Vienna.

What if there's normal modular building and in addition a new 10th anniversary edition of Cafe Corner?

What if there's normal modular building and in addition a new 10th anniversary edition of Cafe Corner?

I don't know about Lego introducing two modulars in a single year. It's possible that the market could bear two modulars in one year, but with the one-a-year formula working out so well for Lego, why risk it?

I do think that the tenth anniversary could well end up meriting some sort of commemoration, though. Either a full modular that pays tribute to the series (like a Café Corner update or something meta like a Lego store), or some other, smaller tribute in addition to the annual modular (like another set of mini-modulars).

Do you think that Lego cares about anniversaries? We have 50th anniversary of Lego trains. And...?

Do you think that Lego cares about anniversaries? We have 50th anniversary of Lego trains. And...?

They don't, people are just thinking wishfully.

As for an "anniversary re-release", Lego went out of their way in the Death Star announcement to make it clear that it isn't going to happen.

As for an "anniversary re-release", Lego went out of their way in the Death Star announcement to make it clear that it isn't going to happen.

You're right. So we will get a new modular set, a new mini-modulars set... or nothing.

Well, on the other hand we will have the commemorative bricks next year in all technic sets for the 40th anniversary.

They don't, people are just thinking wishfully.

Incorrect. More that it bears no difference on them doing the same or not, in the future, not that it simply won't ever happen again.

That would be a good idea! A regular new modular building and a new edition of a classic one.

They did the Mr. Gold Minifigure for the 10th CMF Series. Yes, I think they care about anniversaries—and anything else that might help sell toys.

They did the Mr. Gold Minifigure for the 10th CMF Series. Yes, I think they care about anniversaries—and anything else that might help sell toys.

Is that an anniversary though? That's just the 10th series, not the 10th year.

But yes, I believe the 25th anniversary of LEGO Technic is next year, and to celebrate they're including a special brick in each set.

Edited by CM4Sci

I think they might care a little more about the anniversary of a successful, ongoing product category than they do about a category that doesn't even get new releases every year and is much less popular than it was in its heyday. No offense to Train fans but even beloved models like the Horizon Express and Emerald Knight have mostly failed to breathe new life into the train subtheme's overall popularity. By comparison, every year brings a new modular building like clockwork and the sets are routinely successful and sought-after.

Of course, there's no guarantee that anything special will be done for the anniversary, but I wouldn't put it past Lego to mark the occasion somehow.

So Im going to be getting the PC, Do, and the BB in one go (and Simpson qwik e mart), I remember seeing somewhere there might be double vip points in October. Is this true across all themes, or just for star wars stuff? (pretty sure it was there I saw it).

In the US, it is for all themes. In Europe, nothing confirmed yet. Rumors announce one week 2x VIP Points in october.

Edited by sebitsena

You're right. So we will get a new modular set, a new mini-modulars set... or nothing.

The original Mini Modular set sold horribly. I don't think they have any plans to revisit the concept.

The original Mini Modular set sold horribly. I don't think they have any plans to revisit the concept.

They release mini-modular style sets every year, so I don't see why they wouldn't attempt to recreate some of the newer modulars in the style

They release mini-modular style sets every year, so I don't see why they wouldn't attempt to recreate some of the newer modulars in the style

what sets are these??? I haven't seen any "mini-modular style" sets since the 10230 set