The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Does anyone noticed that adding a 48x32 (16x32+32x32) base won't fit 32x32 road base plates pattern?

I hadn't thought of that, but I'm not sure that would be reason enough for Lego not to do it - do they care about people who use the road plates? Another reason to hope this rumour isn't the case.

I think that modular building will be something like this, I dont think that inverted corner will look great or usable in modular street.

IMG_8565.jpg

Taken from that italian forum mentioned few pages back.

If the red brick on the brown base plate was say the entrance to an Ambulance Bay and the grey brick spanning the green and brown baseplates was the front facade, then yes it might make a good hospital. Not so much as an inverted corner but something more along the lines of a protruding section up against the street. Look like you can set the whole outline a few bricks back on the baseplate to preserve the sidewalk space.

Edited by Lego Conductor

What if it has an inverted corner and two traditional corners? If I there were a 32x32 baseplate with two 16x32 baseplates 90* from each other, there would be enough space. Then there could be two corners to add some detail to (turrets, towers, etc), plus the inverted corner, which could really be a diagonal entry.

You basically end up with two roughly 16x40 buildings placed 90* apart, with an entry connecting the two.

It would be large and expensive, but it would fit the hospital idea very nicely.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

I hadn't thought of that, but I'm not sure that would be reason enough for Lego not to do it - do they care about people who use the road plates? Another reason to hope this rumour isn't the case.

In the event of that situation, I would suppose one would have to mod their street layout and create a gap to allow for the roadplates to fit. The gap could be filled in by a small park, alley, a very thin building, or even by extending one of the other structures. I have yet to buy the road plates, but it could be a possibility at some point.

What if it has an inverted corner and two traditional corners? If I there were a 32x32 baseplate with two 16x32 baseplates 90* from each other, there would be enough space. Then there could be two corners to add some detail to (turrets, towers, etc), plus the inverted corner, which could really be a diagonal entry.

You basically end up with two roughly 16x40 buildings placed 90* apart, with an entry connecting the two.

It would be large and expensive, but it would fit the hospital idea very nicely.

Next year's modular will be the first for a sizable group of people. By itself an inverted modular wouldn't look very good, and that could deter first time buyers of the line. Lego makes sure that each product looks good from most angles.

Maybe they will introduce modularity on the baseplate-level, so you can take part of the building and attach it either to the end or middle (to form the inverted corner). Then again, this will probably only work with a very limited style of building, but the exterior of a hospital can be pretty bland and generic.

Maybe they will introduce modularity on the baseplate-level, so you can take part of the building and attach it either to the end or middle (to form the inverted corner). Then again, this will probably only work with a very limited style of building, but the exterior of a hospital can be pretty bland and generic.

you can do this already - just build the model in the mirror image of the plans :) I know some people did that with the Brick Bank so it's the "left" side of their displays, as the cinema was their right-hand corner display

Does anyone noticed that adding a 48x32 (16x32+32x32) base won't fit 32x32 road base plates pattern?

I did, but that's easily solved: you just need two 48x32 buildings. :classic:

Has LEGO ever provided a composite picture of all modulars from Cafe Corner to Bick Bank in a group photo? Or what is one of the best alternative nonLEGO composite photos that exist?

This rumour about hospital firstly came from brickpicker.Presumably its hospital other say clinic with dentist with 4 floors, no info about price like on that italian forum.

Actually, no. I'm the one that posted it on Brickpicker. That was after it appeared here. I believe the original rumor started on 4chan, and then was posted here.

Has LEGO ever provided a composite picture of all modulars from Cafe Corner to Bick Bank in a group photo? Or what is one of the best alternative nonLEGO composite photos that exist?

If I may offer a suggestion: search YouTube for 'LEGO city layout' or 'LEGO city update' or...

That way you can see the modulars in different configurations, since they're an excellent choice to begin a layout.

Edited by Humdrum

Judging from the other rumours-related topics - CM4Sci is the guy who knows stuff. He has made an 'educated guess' that we will get the hospital not the inverted whatever-it-is - so I believe we will get the not inverted hospital :)

Judging from the other rumours-related topics - CM4Sci is the guy who knows stuff. He has made an 'educated guess' that we will get the hospital not the inverted whatever-it-is - so I believe we will get the not inverted hospital :)

Nah, that was just a guess. Sci is reliable but he didn't have the 2017 info, he just made threads for it.

Judging from the other rumours-related topics - CM4Sci is the guy who knows stuff.

Good observation. I don't think anyone else noticed that. We'll have to keep an eye on him. Thanks.

Actually, no. I'm the one that posted it on Brickpicker. That was after it appeared here. I believe the original rumor started on 4chan, and then was posted here.

4chan? :tongue: This could be fake and real at the same time...

Here are all modulars. I took snapshots with Lego Digital Designer and then, put them together. Everything is in the right scale ;) I hope the next modular will be bigger than the last 3 ones, a set sized like the Grand Emporium or Fire Brigade will be great !

890499modulars.jpg

Edited by sebitsena

When comparing them like this, FB and BB actually look very similar sizewise. A high ground floor and a high upper floor. They would probably look really nice together.

I just wish the next modular would have three proper floors.

Here are all modulars. I took snapshots with Lego Digital Designer and then, put them together. Everything is in the right scale ;) I hope the next modular will be bigger than the last 3 ones, a set sized like the Grand Emporium or Fire Brigade will be great !

890499modulars.jpg

I think the scale is not right. Actually, FB and GG are almost the same height. And PS looks shorter in the picture. Is a little bit taller.

I think the scale is not right. Actually, FB and GG are almost the same height. And PS looks shorter in the picture. Is a little bit taller.

You are right. I just checked what's wrong: when taking snapshots of these modulars, they were not perfectly vertical (they lean back). I'm going to fix it ;)

Hop!

542046AllModulars001.jpg

Looks like we need two modular buildings and block is complete!

So I think lego want to archieve this but rumours of inverted modular or additional baseplate sounds to me fake.

If hospital in 239€ euro price range is true, Im expecting same 32x32 baseplate but IMO this building will be higher and overall depth same as town hall.

does someone knows when lego will make some kind of sales or discounts on the sets?

i have to buy the London bridge, and the last 4 modulars so i would like to save some money