The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

My take on the interior vs. exterior dissussion: I would like them to do a detailed ground floor interior for the shop, but a less detailed interior for the other floors (take PS as a reference, except for the renovating/just moving in cop-out). While the newer interiors are fun to build and I fully appreciate the detail and thought that goes into them, I hardly ever look at them when the building is done. The ground floor interiors are more important here as they usually have larger windows.

They could use all the pieces they waste on upstairs interior into maing the building as a whole grander.

All that is with keeping in mind that we can't have both - detailed interior throughout and sets on the GG/CC/GE/PS scale modulars should have - withouth a severe price increase. Given those two options, I'd rather have more building than more furniture.

I'm in the same boat. Excluding the ground floor, interiors don't matter to me. Take 10185 Green Grocer, for example. Great exterior & ground floor interior details with a sparse interior on the rest. All at $150. I'd love it if they went back to that & stayed the course.

I've said this in the BB thread, but I would really like for the next modular to have more living space for minifigures. All the business in a modular building are cool and all, but living space is missing, and i personally think is needed for the way i set them up. Perhaps a future modular can be all apartments, & studios to give the modular line some living spaces.

I've noticed the pet shop was ABSENT from the recent Lego catalogue I received in the mail, is this a sign of it's retirement? I haven't paid much attention to these sorts of things before, but I've had the pet shop on my radar for 6 months or so. I actually went a head and bought it through Wal-Mart because I was tired of waiting for it to become available through S@H. I hated not getting the VIP points, but I couldn't risk not getting that set. It hasn't been available on S@H since double VIP. It only says "temporarily unavailable", but does "temporaily unavailable" sometimes get turned into "sold out" and retired?

Even though I already bought it, I'm just curious as to how these sort of things transspire, for future reference.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

I believe Town hall also said "temporarily out of stock" for a while when it went out and never came back, those markers are very undependable, i think they are automatic and don't really show any real insight into stock unless it specifically states a date.

But even if pet shop is out, I think there are so many sets hoarded by wannabe resellers in the last 5 years, that it will likely be available on the secondary market for retail if not even below.

I've said this in the BB thread, but I would really like for the next modular to have more living space for minifigures. All the business in a modular building are cool and all, but living space is missing, and i personally think is needed for the way i set them up. Perhaps a future modular can be all apartments, & studios to give the modular line some living spaces.

Yeah, this would be cool! I liked the way Pet Shop dealt with this issue, by having one floor of business in one of the two buildings, and all the rest is residential living space for the minifigures. It's possible that if the Pet Shop does indeed retire soon, Lego's next modular will contain some more residential features to cover that base - but that's all speculation!

If you haven't gotten the Pet Shop, I'd recommend it for the lovely apartment building. :thumbup:

I've noticed the pet shop was ABSENT from the recent Lego catalogue I received in the mail, is this a sign of it's retirement? I haven't paid much attention to these sorts of things before, but I've had the pet shop on my radar for 6 months or so. I actually went a head and bought it through Wal-Mart because I was tired of waiting for it to become available through S@H. I hated not getting the VIP points, but I couldn't risk not getting that set. It hasn't been available on S@H since double VIP. It only says "temporarily unavailable", but does "temporaily unavailable" sometimes get turned into "sold out" and retired?

Even though I already bought it, I'm just curious as to how these sort of things transspire, for future reference.

Woah, is it still sold out on the US Shop at Home site? I think it was a good idea to go ahead and get yours at Walmart, it's a great set and unfortunately I do think it will definitely be retired by the end of this year.

It's still available on Amazon, TRU, Wal-Mart and Target in the US. It still has some life left.

I hope this makes sense but can anyone tell me what most people do when placing modular buildings next to a road baseplate. The modular buildings have about an eight stud path along the front and the roadway baseplates have a six stud area between the edge of the plate and the road. Do people just extend the path out to the edge of the road?

Yeah, this would be cool! I liked the way Pet Shop dealt with this issue, by having one floor of business in one of the two buildings, and all the rest is residential living space for the minifigures. It's possible that if the Pet Shop does indeed retire soon, Lego's next modular will contain some more residential features to cover that base - but that's all speculation!

If you haven't gotten the Pet Shop, I'd recommend it for the lovely apartment building. :thumbup:

I have the Pet Shop, luckily I got its 2 years ago when i thought it was going to retire. You're right the Pet Shop dealt with the issue spot on. I hope you're right and the next modular will contain more residential space for minifigures. It's a must.

Where is discussion for fun in the park?

It's part of the City theme, so check this thread.

I hope this makes sense but can anyone tell me what most people do when placing modular buildings next to a road baseplate. The modular buildings have about an eight stud path along the front and the roadway baseplates have a six stud area between the edge of the plate and the road. Do people just extend the path out to the edge of the road?

I had mine cover the studs on roadplates before, but when you get to the corner buildings, it throws off the alignment. I switch my layout around quite a bit & grew tired of having to remove them. I liked the look much better though.

Now, with the studs exposed, I use them as curbside parking. Others have extended the sidewalks to include that part or make a shoulder with a bike path in it.

Personally I hope the new modular is a hotel or hostel. Something different and would add another dimension to the line of the other modulars.

When would we have at least the rumors for the next modular?

Sometime in the next six months, probably.

I believe the first credible rumor of the Brick Bank as the next modular on this thread was September 29th. So maybe three and a half months if were lucky.

Still holding out hope for a police station. Crime seems to be an issue on our Modular Block lately. Or a Post Office would be welcomed as well.

The next modular is obviously going to be a trampoline store with adjacent first aid centre. Why else would Lego introduce that new wheelchair in the park set, or the CMF on crutches? So obvious! ;)

Edited by Humdrum

The next modular is obviously going to be a trampoline store with adjacent first aid centre. Why else would Lego introduce that new wheelchair in the park set, or the CMF on crutches? So obvious! ;)

I'd seen it said that the new baby mold means the next one might be a hospital, but I didn't think about those, too. Hmmmmm...

I've noticed a pattern that a corner building is released every 3 years (CC) 2007 (GE) 2010 (PC) 2013 (BB) 2016

Personally I hope the new modular is a hotel or hostel. Something different and would add another dimension to the line of the other modulars.

Anything that has living spaces for minifigures is welcome. It's what i want.

Would love to see next modular to be: Hospital/Health center or Library or Museum.

Yes to all of those. :grin: