The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

That "guy" is Anio, a wellknown member here (and a LEGO ambassador to boot) .. I'm sure if had pics he would not share them :wink:

TLG has kept a very tight lid on leaks this time (inbcluding their server, haha) and this is how they're gonna roll in the future as far as I know. (Indy) Dealers will not be showing their advanced cats to Random Joe anymore :hmpf_bad:

Looking forward to +400 pages of cheering and moaning 'bout this new Modular :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ole

Yes, he says he is not allowed to share the pics. Monday is not a long wait anyway :)

I can start .. that playfeature where you can hide 100$ in the toilet SUUUUUUCCCCKKKSSSSSSS!!!! TLG is not AFOL'ing anymore, I'm gonna burn all my bricks and switch to Playmobil!!!!!

Right, I'll get me coat .. :tongue:

Yes, he says he is not allowed to share the pics. Monday is not a long wait anyway :)

No, it's not :classic: Is this the first modular with no leaked pics?

This sounds really great! Wasn't expecting a laundromat with the bank--but that's a great addition!

Actually, it's a bit odd. Banks are usually in the better part of town, laundromats in the other end. But lets see how it works out :thumbup:

This sounds promising. I was never excited about a bank, but I don't hate the idea either. I really like the idea of a laundromat. I hope it's really detailed and done well. I'm looking forward to some pics!

I'm interested to see if the building depicts a certain era like the Detective's office does.

Oh, now this is interesting a bank and a laundromat eh ?

Sounds interestng, sounds like another buy for me......dam it, I wasn't going to head down the modular path again ! :laugh:

It will be interesting to see if they keep the period stuff going to match the Dectective's Office, but I wonder will cookies and candy be stored in the bank's vault ? :wink:

Actually, it's a bit odd. Banks are usually in the better part of town, laundromats in the other end. But lets see how it works out :thumbup:

It makes sense if thieves plan to launder the money they steal.

Topnotch comment, there Sir! :thumbup:

Edit : So it's not the 100$ bill in the toilet, it's in the washingmachine! Genius TLG! This is pure AFOL stuff .. I'll modify my former post to "+200 pages of cheering" :laugh:

(And maybe +50 pages of moaning because "why no sandgrey TLG?")

Monday .. So many lightyears away, eh?

Edited by 1974

It sounds like there will be a fair amount of detail on the exterior. It will be interesting to see how they combine the laundromat and bank into a single corner building, but so far it sounds like a good modular. The columns and statuary in the description make me think of a neoclassical structure, which is common for banks.

I only have one modular (the Detective's Office), as I'm just emerging from my Dark Ages, but I like the sound of the new set! The bank itself sounds like it could be really impressive and imposing, and I love the idea of a Laundromat (it's on my list of modulars to build). I may end of modding the Laundromat attached to the bank to be something else, and then transferring the Laundromat to its own baseplate and expanding on it. Good news, this! My son will love it too - plenty of play opportunities for his superhero minifigures!

Well there are bank agencies a little everywhere; that's rather the bank headquarters that are in better parts of towns.

Though that living in a capital (Brussels) may give me a biased vision of that, there are probably much more of everything here than in smaller towns :D

Edited by antp

Wish I had the space for modulars. I love how lego have designed them so any of them can be connected to another and after getting a few bam! You already have part of a city done

The rumours are heating up!

I'm looking forward to the reveal. The laundromat does sound like an odd inclusion with a bank, but I have faith that it will make sense when revealed.

I like the rumors so far. I just hope the build is easier on those with large hands like myself. DO had too many cramped spaces where my hands could barely fit.

When I heard it was a bank, I was unsure how well it would fit in my street, which so far has DO, PS, and a Chinese restaurant MOC--but hearing that it has a laundromat attached, it sounds like it will be right at home!

I've been told the reveal won't be on Monday.

It'll be tomorrow morning! Possibly!

So you mean today at NYCC?

I've been told the reveal won't be on Monday.

It'll be tomorrow morning! Possibly!

I've seen it posted elsewhere that there's an embargo on photos until tomorrow, and there's a press release scheduled to go out at 6 AM EDT.

I've seen it posted elsewhere that there's an embargo on photos until tomorrow, and there's a press release scheduled to go out at 6 AM EDT.

... so in 3 1/2 hours???

Could turn out to be another great Sunday. From the descriptions I personally don't have a clear picture of the set in my head, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the actual pictures.

Btw, the money laundry idea is brilliant if it is really in the set.

Edited by NBV83