The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

My apologies, I thought it was on FB, but instead it is on this forum and some others, see the Licensed forum for the info, but all signs pointed to January, and they are thinking it will debut at the NY Fair. It is my understanding that the person who leaked it has some inside knowledge.

As for the bank, I believe this is just a rumor still, but a lot of folks feel it is coming, the corner part fits the pattern.

For Big Ben, that was a guess based on the clue, but it does match up. The fun part is that if folks really do know, I wish they would just say, yes we know it to be true and that is what it is.

Cheers! I was hoping to hear some news of unveiling GBHQ at brickcon 2015...let's see how it goes.

There must be a set unveil today - we didn't get one during last weeks event, but this weekend there must be something.

Could the next LEGO 'landmark' set also be the Seattle Space Needle or is it Big Ben for sure?

So Big Ben... Wange already makes a large scale Big Ben, probably about the size the LEGO Landmark set would be (in physical height) and it's only $55 or so on Amazon. One main annoyance of the set was how repetitive the build was... you had to assemble the same thing like 80 times... I hope they figure out a way to make it a more interesting build.

The more I think about it, the better a modular bank sounds. It could be a really grand old building, and it's yet another building that would lend itself well to the DC universe.

If it is a Corner Bank, I’d like to hear some folks speculations on what some set details might be based on the recent trends in the modular series. With the move to more heavily furnished interiors, I think the likelihood of a 3-story interior is slim. I suppose it may have a 2-story interior or maybe even just a single, main floor that has an interior height that is 2-stories tall which is common in some older banks. I suppose we may even get a time era armored car & if done right could be cool. There are quite a few folks that post here & speak to price per piece count. If the set is 150 Euros as has been noted, can we make some assumptions based on past releases of modular in this price range? Which Modulars were in this price point?

What I'd like to see would be the line of teller stalls along the back wall, then seating area with a few desks(for loans, new accounts, & such) placed, two on each side, around the perimeter of the seating area. Second floor would be divided(not necessarily 50/50), with a vault and office cubicles.

I'd like to see at least one vault room on the bottom floor for robbers to target. A fancy executive office could be on the next floor.

And don't forget the obligatory skylight. Hopefully the new scroll bricks will feature, too.

A bank would be nice. It would mean ill have to re-design the innards of my current bank (dk green town hall from the TP set), but I could easily convert mine into a school or something.

Looking forward to the official word and some pics.

Edited by mikes_bricks

So Big Ben... Wange already makes a large scale Big Ben, probably about the size the LEGO Landmark set would be (in physical height) and it's only $55 or so on Amazon. One main annoyance of the set was how repetitive the build was... you had to assemble the same thing like 80 times... I hope they figure out a way to make it a more interesting build.

Are the Wange sets good quality? I've wanted them but was always doubtful they'd be worth it

Are the Wange sets good quality? I've wanted them but was always doubtful they'd be worth it

The two I bought (Big Ben and EIffel Tower) were decent enough quality with no missing pieces in either, but some Amazon reviewers claim to have missing pieces so maybe I just got lucky. For the size/scale I was happy with the price.

Somehow i'm a bit sad about it the fact that it will last half a year until the next modular... it just takes too long.... :cry_sad:

the set unveiled was the Ideas Tardis, but no real unveiling of what it looks like, guess we will have to continue to wait and hope

The two I bought (Big Ben and EIffel Tower) were decent enough quality with no missing pieces in either, but some Amazon reviewers claim to have missing pieces so maybe I just got lucky. For the size/scale I was happy with the price.

I've been very tempted by the Temple of Heaven, but it still costs an amount that causes me to hesitate before forking it out.

Somehow i'm a bit sad about it the fact that it will last half a year until the next modular... it just takes too long.... :cry_sad:

If this is actually the case, I fully agree! :angry:

If this is actually the case, I fully agree! :angry:

As far as i know and i've read... we just have to wait till april.....now what gets us through that dark european winter.... :cry_sad:

I hope that in next days we will have news from next Modular Building set.

I hope that the rumors are right and which is a bank

Edited by Rato

Ooh, sounds great! Sand green windows! And I love that these sets have gotten more playable. A robbery vent is a really nice feature.

Grey and white? Oh man.. those colours are prone to yellowing. Sand green windows? I'm ready for you! Nevertheless, will be looking forward to it! It will be a great set.

Here's the description- Thanks to Anio from techlug

The facades so. 2 levels, basically. Ground floor: a beautiful entry into 8L, glazed with beautiful ornaments above (angel wings, micro fig, Wolverine claws).Shop windows left and right of the entrance. The posts are covered with gray bars to give a cut stone effect. Lamps on the wall, flowers outside the windows. A tree not too ridiculous on the sidewalk. The other side (90 of the first), there are 2 windows (4L + 3 pillars each 2L or 14L), and the rest of the length is used for laundry . A bench and a street light on that part of the sidewalk. The upper level: the great columns (2x2 ribbed round), large glass sand green, rounded been rounded up with new window 4L (need ref). And all the cornice on top, very detailed. I will not list you the parts used for the details (coughed lazy), but it's pretty. On the roof, a "porch" so the Green Grocer bow window that can see inside the bank. An office is pretty standard (lamp, typewriter), the director is much more refined (table, dark green walls, beautiful office). In the same style as the Detective Office billiard room say, but it's a desktop. Note: the use of shields Nexo Knights to make more detailed tiles (peaks at 45 °).

It seems so:

http://www.techlug.f...hp?f=32&t=10238

(in French, but translatable via Google/Bing or similar I suppose)

The set will be unveiled on Monday for sale already in January (so no GB HQ at that time, I suppose?)

Thanks for the link ANTP!

Here is what I can translate:

The set will be presented on Monday, it contains 2380 pieces and MSRP in France will be 150-160 Euros

It is a corner building, mainly white and grey with sand green windows with a lot of ornaments/details on the facade. It is a Bank with a laundromat next to it.

Inside there is a counter/desk, a safe, offices and a ventilation shaft (useful for robberies..)

There is a lot of detail, looks massive and might look a bit austere/stern

There are 2 levels:

Ground floor, a nice entrance (8 wide) with windows and has superb ornaments on top (Angel wings, micro fig, wolverines claws..). There are some "shop" windows on the left and right of the entrance. The posts are with grey steel bars, to look like a stone facade. There are lamps on the walls and flowers in front of the "shop" windows and a tree not looking ridiculous on the walkway.

On the other side (90 degrees from the 1st one), there are 2 "shop" windows (4 wide each, plus 3 pillars 2 wide, so 14 wide), the rest of the length is used for the laundromat. There is a bench and a street lamp on this part of the walkway.

The higher floor has big columns (2x2 rounded and striped), big sand green windows, rounded on the top with the new rounded windows - 4 wide. The top of the floor moulding is very detailed and nice

On the roof, there is a veranda in bow window style like on Green Grocer where you can see inside the bank. There is a standard office (lamp, writing machine..), and the director's office, much more detailed (Paintings, dark green walls, nice desk..) A bit like the billiard room in the DO.

Note: The use of Nexo Knights shields to make the tiled floor more detailed (45 degrees points)

That's all but we should start seeing pictures soon, latest on Monday, the guy could not share them..