The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I'm betting for Paris' Triumphal Arch as the next landmark set.

Tower of Pisa would be interesting, too, but having such a tall, leaning set would be quite scary.

EDIT: Read about Big Ben a few pages back - it must've slipped my mind while writing this post.

Now I'm hoping TLG makes Big Ben the next landmark set :grin:

Edited by Terrasher

If it is a Corner Bank, I’d like to hear some folks speculations on what some set details might be based on the recent trends in the modular series. With the move to more heavily furnished interiors, I think the likelihood of a 3-story interior is slim. I suppose it may have a 2-story interior or maybe even just a single, main floor that has an interior height that is 2-stories tall which is common in some older banks. I suppose we may even get a time era armored car & if done right could be cool. There are quite a few folks that post here & speak to price per piece count. If the set is 150 Euros as has been noted, can we make some assumptions based on past releases of modular in this price range? Which Modulars were in this price point?

That would fit very badly with the rest of the modulars, IMO. It looks like an ancient palace. The architecture should be late 19th century at the earliest, Art Nouveau ideally.

If it is a Corner Bank, I’d like to hear some folks speculations on what some set details might be based on the recent trends in the modular series. With the move to more heavily furnished interiors, I think the likelihood of a 3-story interior is slim. I suppose it may have a 2-story interior or maybe even just a single, main floor that has an interior height that is 2-stories tall which is common in some older banks. I suppose we may even get a time era armored car & if done right could be cool. There are quite a few folks that post here & speak to price per piece count. If the set is 150 Euros as has been noted, can we make some assumptions based on past releases of modular in this price range? Which Modulars were in this price point?

Not sure about pricing around the world but 150 Euros is about $269New Zealand Dollars. The Palace Cinema was the same price as that here, where all the other modulars have been NZ$299 from what I can remember, and NZ$350 for Town Hall.

Maybe a high ceiling ground floor with second floor offices, similar proportions to the Fire Brigade?

However in saying that NZ prices are knocked up further to cover extra costs and taxes so may be closer to a NZ$299 set, just like all the other modulars

Still could be a similar layout with 2 stories but more detailed inside with a cool vault etc.

Not sure how this went so awry...let's just say there is a new modular, new landmark and the Ghostbusters HQ until we find out exactly what the modular and landmark are going to be. I am good with a bank and who knows about Big Ben/Elizabeth Tower (which I guess is the new name of the tower to honor Elizabeth's reign). I am guessing if they do this tower, they are not going to include the palace of Westminster which runs to the side of it.

I also thought the GBHQ date was Jan 1 based on the published info about it on facebook. This would push the modular and landmark to later in the year.

Jan 1 GBHQ

April 1 (est) Modular

July 1 or Aug 1 Landmark

This is my timeline guess.

So..could we still be more positive on GBHQ's January release than in July? I do hope so...it is too....long to wait until July! :cry_sad:

Mind if I ask the source of facebook page you have referred to? :classic:

Edited by jaesroe

Planned dates are:

january 1st - landmark set (220€)

april 1st - modular Building (150€)

july 1st - new IP action theme (Ghostbusters) - (350€)

Excellent. This gives me enough time to save up for each one

2016 shaping up to be a wonderful year for adult LEGO fans ...

Big Ben landmark set (LEGO Creator Expert) :wub_drool: - it all makes sense now, remember that they just updated the box design of the Tower Bridge to fit the new Creator Expert logo? - Tower Bridge + Big Ben makes A LOT of sense! Can't wait!

Ghostbusters HQ Firehouse :grin:

next Iconic car (LEGO Creator Expert) :grin:

Edited by Emmi

Maybe LEGO could make the next modular in an art deco style, that would be really cool and not something I think LEGO have done before AFAIK.

I would like the landmark set even better if it was Minifig scale. Now THAT would be a sight to see.

I use the Tower Bridge as a pedestrian bridge, so in that sense it it minifig-scale XD

I use the Tower Bridge as a pedestrian bridge, so in that sense it it minifig-scale XD

Haha what a good way to use that! Brick Adjuster uses them as a sigfig bridge.

I would like the landmark set even better if it was Minifig scale. Now THAT would be a sight to see.

Man, us Asian collectors will be so sad. It will occupy so much room in our small apartments xD

Edited by santaends

My only wish is that i can make a nice large modular building out of two new modular building sets 2016... april is okay, but january would be better, because of the long, dark winterevenings here....

I am hoping for dominant use of dark red or dark green (not both) a return of sand red would be very welcome but unlikely. Sand green could be used again though, the color of money. Just hoping no tan.

I am hoping for dominant use of dark red or dark green (not both) a return of sand red would be very welcome but unlikely. Sand green could be used again though, the color of money. Just hoping no tan.

Not dark red, they break so easily. Dark green will be awesome.. so is return of sand red.

I too hope we get a new interesting color in the next modular. Dark blue, dark green, dark red, any of those would be great as the main color for the building

I hope for any colour that for once would be of the same shade, not several that Lego is famous for. That was quite a mosaic of reddish brown in pet shop and TBBT and a myriad of shades of gray, red, yellow, in every single set I buy :/

I too hope we get a new interesting color in the next modular. Dark blue, dark green, dark red, any of those would be great as the main color for the building

Funny - before I first saw the Parisian R., I imagined it with a dark red facade. I think that would well very well for a town building, though the P.R looks a lot more village-esque so I don't display it with the other modulars.

I would like to see either sand red, or some of the pastel colours from the Friends sets, used properly they could give a faded, weather worn look.

So..could we still be more positive on GBHQ's January release than in July? I do hope so...it is too....long to wait until July! :cry_sad:

Mind if I ask the source of facebook page you have referred to? :classic:

My apologies, I thought it was on FB, but instead it is on this forum and some others, see the Licensed forum for the info, but all signs pointed to January, and they are thinking it will debut at the NY Fair. It is my understanding that the person who leaked it has some inside knowledge.

As for the bank, I believe this is just a rumor still, but a lot of folks feel it is coming, the corner part fits the pattern.

For Big Ben, that was a guess based on the clue, but it does match up. The fun part is that if folks really do know, I wish they would just say, yes we know it to be true and that is what it is.

I'm not too concerned if the rumoured bank isn't until later in the year - I still haven't bought the DO or even built up my TH yet so I've got plenty to keep me occupied. A bank would fit in well tho