The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I didn't see J2G's post about it. I saw it reported on Facebook this morning and that one said that it was a modular building but that it wouldn't be taking the place of the annual Modular.

Below is J2G's original post. Hope this clears it up a bit for you :-)

Hot like fire, yeah!

DING DING DING! WE GOT A WINNER!

The set is 75827 LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters!

Here's what I know:

- January 1st, 2016 release date

- Over 4600 pieces

- $349.99 USD

- Opens like the Haunted House

- Based on the original films

- D2C set

- There will still be a modular building next year, don't worry!

It's either time to change the name of this thread to the set name (since it's a D2C) or Ghostbusters 2016 Sets Rumors and Discussions, if you'd like. :wink:

It's true, but we will still get regulary priced modular set later that year (march-april).

Edit: I just saw last sentence saying the same, so count this just another confirmation.

While it might not take the place of the modular, it's likely it will steal its release date. Not that I'm complaining.

I hope either GB or the new modular will be revealed at BrickCon in 2 weeks.

I think it'll either be Doctor Who or the Hoth Echo Base.

I'm surprised the reveal of the GB set does not cause more posts in this thread.... When the GB-set fits the rest of the modulars, then i will get it.....hopefully there will also be another, regular modular....!!

I guess, that (if the GB house is the real deal) it will be more like the monster hunter villa or the simpsons house, i.e. standing free without walls to connect to other houses. But with a piece count of 4500 it should be fairly easy to modify it into a modular building ;)

I guess, that (if the GB house is the real deal) it will be more like the monster hunter villa or the simpsons house, i.e. standing free without walls to connect to other houses. But with a piece count of 4500 it should be fairly easy to modify it into a modular building ;)

As long as it fits to the rest of the modulars in size and scale...i would buy one... On the other hand, for 350 it should fit in really well... I saw some pictures of someone who had made the GB HeadQuarters with a very detailed interior...i think the new set will be something lik this.....8483094465_9a1cbc1141_z.jpg

I'm surprised the reveal of the GB set does not cause more posts in this thread.... When the GB-set fits the rest of the modulars, then i will get it.....hopefully there will also be another, regular modular....!!

Hi LegoSjaak, most of the talk on the GBHQ is happing in the Licensed Forum.

Heres a link to it.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114763&st=75#entry2336458

+ even though the rumor is from a very trustworthy source, it technically is still a rumor so I wouldn't call it a "reveal" just yet.

wow, that pic showing the MOC is great, but since it is not official, it's hard to know but I think it likely will be, the price tag is what I am having a hard time with, just a lot of money. This looks like it would be worth it though. That's huge news.

I like that they are not considering this the official modular for the year as well...so we can potentially get that 2 a year I have always wished for...going to be an expensive year though.

I think with that price and size, it WILL NOT fit in with the Modulars. I think the scale will be larger and it will look out of place for standard modulars. If you look at all of those hyper detailed MOCs, they are all extra tall to accommodate the scale.

Just picture Pet Shop or something similar next to them..they just won't look right for the standard scale.

I was trying to build my own Modular scale (approximately 30-ish bricks high), but it was proving to be difficult to not make it look too squashed. I may or may not continue depending on the official set if/when it gets revealed.

Wont the windows/door determine the scale. If they use the same then it should be in scale but out of place because the modulars are to small. Minifigs have a hard time turing around in some spots in a modular

I have to say that the Ghostbusters building news didn't get me excited.

I'd love for lego to put out some more buildings that are compatible in size with the modular line, like they did with the Haunted House. But as others said, the GBHQ will propably be more comparable to the Simpsons stuff in terms of size, so it would look horribly out of place next to the modulars...

And personally I have to say, 350 bucks sounds way too steep for me. I have some fond memories of watching Ghostbusters as a kid, and also got the Ecto-1, but wouldn't ever consider myself a fan, so I don't see myself paying that kind of money for it. At the light of day, for me it'll be an oversized Fire Station that I can't display together with my modulars... and I already have the Simpsons House and Kwik-E-Mart sitting around MISB because of that (and lack of display space, obviously).

Of course, all of this is pure speculation as no one (afaik) has seen pictures of the GBHQ...

But this may mean fair quantity of same coloured bricks, maybe in dark orange? dark red? That is something that may be an important factor when considering a purchase.

$350 is too much for me, too. I've never paid more than $200, and even then that was very difficult for me. They don't even seem to give you any bonus economy of parts for buying large sets.

I love the MOC, but I honestly only want a facade anyway.

Are you commenting on which theme(s) are sub 0.10/piece, saying this particular set doesn't offer a value relative to other comparably priced sets in the theme [arguably there are none], or that you'd like to purchase a few WalMart aisles-worth of these to see what a REAL discount looks like?

This is rumored at $350/4600 pieces. That's 7.6 cents/piece. Go buy a box of basic blocks and you can DEMOLISH that ratio!! Heck the Town Hall was 7.2 cents/piece. I suppose a regression analysis would show you how far off the mean this set falls. In the absence of that...perhaps you just gotta buy a lot MORE LEGO - say multiple orders of magnitude more - before you actually start seeing a $/part drop. Expecting a different ratio of a $200 set vs a $350 set is like expecting $20 cash rebate for buying two TH or a free one with every purchase of 4. :). Good luck!

The real speculation on price is how long they'll be in-stock and how quickly they'll get to 3x+ price...

I think it sort of depends on the piece as well...10 cents a piece for a 1x2 is excessive if you have tons of those which could be a 1x4 instead. I have seen Lego start doing this lately, not because there aren't 1x4's but this will drive up the piece count and project value in high piece sets. I am thinking it was a mandate amongst the set creators even. Just look at the modular line, our later sets use about the same piece count as early sets, but really look at the pieces.

I am ok with 10 cents a piece if my value is there, well I guess it is my own perceived value cause others might disagree, but I have to wonder about the practice of just taking a 1x6 and putting 2 1x3's in there just to drive up that count. If you really want to look at value, check out the BBT set from Ideas...less than 500 pieces for $60, justified by folks by saying well those are special pieces, etc. And the licensing...all true, but seems pricey to me.

I do feel the modular are better value than other sets in the end, no license fees, etc...but they seem to be mailing it in a bit on the piece count.

So here we are at the end of September and still no idea what the next modular will be. Maybe it should be a Psychic Readers House.

Hopefully they could conjure up a good rumor for us!

I’ve just been assuming (anyone else agree?) that if we are getting a Ghostbuster Headquarters in January than the Annual Modular will be pushed for a later release date in 2016. I think that level of detail that’s been hinted for the Ghostbuster Headquarters is supposed to appeal to the Modular Builders too. If they release them too close to each other, than one might not sell as well.

I’ve just been assuming (anyone else agree?) that if we are getting a Ghostbuster Headquarters in January than the Annual Modular will be pushed for a later release date in 2016. I think that level of detail that’s been hinted for the Ghostbuster Headquarters is supposed to appeal to the Modular Builders too. If they release them too close to each other, than one might not sell as well.

I believe that you are right. Earlier someone posted that the modular would be released around April, and that fits well with the GB Headquarters in January.

I believe that you are right. Earlier someone posted that the modular would be released around April, and that fits well with the GB Headquarters in January.

Like the release of petshop in March back in 2011? As long as we could have a new modular in 2016, it would be great thought it is going be a longer waiting than usual.

That would be a shame--my birthday is in February, and I don't really have much chance to get modulars the rest of the year. Oh, well, I suppose it might give me a chance to get the Palace Cinema or Parisian Restaurant.