The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

It's not a modular. It's just the next one in the vein of the Bike Shop / Grocery Store Creator buildings.

Thank you very much for this information, just2good! :classic:

I'm really happy to read this! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Well it is all rumors anyway: Deli or arcade. We will know later this year when Lego officially announces the set. I'm personally cheering for the deli, as I think it would have better exterior. Time will tell.

I want to know how all these folks keep getting the sets that are not supposed to go on sale until August 1 already...have seen many Scooby Doo and BBT sets in hand, but it is a cool idea to incorporate one like that into a modular

Toys r Us usually stocks shelves a week or two before Leo's official release date. I picked up da Mystery Machine last weekend, and all the other August releases, including the other Scooby-Doo sets, Ninjago,and DC'S Jokerland were out as well.

Keep this thread to rumours and general discussion about modular buildings please. Other themes can be discussed in the respective forums/discussion threads. Thank you.

Well, in searching completed EBay auctions, the high end of completed sales is in the area of $600 U.S. Still, not a bad return.

I've seen an EBay listed TH selling for $9,999 AUD. If someone is willing to pay for that then fair enough. Surely the seller is being far too optimistic?

Deli? Really? It seems we have a lot of food related modulars if this rumor is true. A Cafe, Grocery and Restaurant is not enough for our modular street?!

I would rather the Arcade/Amusement Hall rumor be correct. Our street seems to be lacking basics: School, Library, Bank, Hospital and Police etc....

However we do have a Pet Store, Cinema and Detective Office!!

Whatever it is I will of course buy it!

I still hope for a corner Bank!

I've seen an EBay listed TH selling for $9,999 AUD. If someone is willing to pay for that then fair enough. Surely the seller is being far too optimistic?

Having bought and sold on EBay since 1998, listed price doesn't mean a lot to me. Even some of the 'sold' prices are questionable at times. I've seen unique (antique) items 'sell' for a ridiculously high amount only to reappear from the same seller again at a later date.

TH seems to have settled in over here at around $600 USD. I mean, if you are late in getting to the modular hobby and have a good income, well, TH is still relatively reasonable at $600.

My thought is the Deli will be in line with the Toy & Grocery and Bike & Cafe Shop, and the Arcade in the line of the Ferris Wheel and Fairground Mixer.

But I would love to see the Arcade as a modular, I think it's a nice place where the kids can hang out..

Now while I think about it, the Deli should have a double function/shop name as the others to be in the same line..

Oh well, we just have to be patient I guess....

Guess we'll just have to wait some time more...

When I read the deli rumor, I somehow had tro think about a low, one storey, 50ies american deli...which would be overly consistent with the downsizing trend in modulars. So let's hope it's something else.

Guess we'll just have to wait some time more...

When I read the deli rumor, I somehow had tro think about a low, one storey, 50ies american deli...which would be overly consistent with the downsizing trend in modulars. So let's hope it's something else.

I believe that they will not go below 25.5cm in height in case of modulars.

Our street seems to be lacking basics: School, Library, Bank, Hospital and Police etc....

I don't know where you are, but I've never seen a School, Library, Bank, Hospital and Police Station together on the same street :wink:

In a lot of towns here it's more likely to be lots of charity shops, Bookmakers and Coffee shops...

Edited by Paperballpark

^True, a downtown so to speak would have other business before it would have those buildings present. Naturally, to feel like a "complete city" the Modular line would do well to accommodate those types of buildings/businesses.

But unfortunately, a "true" downtown probably has mostly repeats of similar shops down the line...not something most LEGO enthusiasts will want and most designers probably won't want to sell.

Edited by TheLegoDr

I know what could be a good store for a Modular that is normally in downtown: Those Chinese stores that sell whatever cheap. jk

Could you be a little more specific? You're describing almost every retailer in the USA.

Could you be a little more specific? You're describing almost every retailer in the USA.

No, I mean those that just sell clones of whatever. Literally every store here in downtown except HEB, Payless Shoes and Melrose is like these.

Boomerang, what town are you in? I know what kind of stores you mean, but for the most part, every store sells cheap Chinese made junk anymore, Hobby Lobby is 95% Chinese made, Wal Mart is getting better, Target too...any electronics store has almost 100% Chinese made...it's not like the old days.

I am still in favor of a museum, bank, pharmacy even, although that might not work, but if we have a green grocer, would we need a deli? I just want a quality building that I can get my hand into to build and it is going to fit in with the rest of the street.

Boomerang, what town are you in? I know what kind of stores you mean, but for the most part, every store sells cheap Chinese made junk anymore, Hobby Lobby is 95% Chinese made, Wal Mart is getting better, Target too...any electronics store has almost 100% Chinese made...it's not like the old days.

I am still in favor of a museum, bank, pharmacy even, although that might not work, but if we have a green grocer, would we need a deli? I just want a quality building that I can get my hand into to build and it is going to fit in with the rest of the street.

Brownsville, Texas. There's one that seems to be proud to be Chinese, because it's called ''Los Chinos''.

As long as the next modular is three legitimate stories with an honest piece count, I'll be satisfied. The theme is largely irrelevant to me. I just ordered 300 masonry style bricks and seven dozen windows so that I can continue adding residential structures to my modular city. Of course, from May through September things are rather slow in my Modular City.

As long as the next modular is three legitimate stories with an honest piece count, I'll be satisfied.

I don't expect it to be. I remember the Designer video of the PR where Jaimie waved his hand through the open space over the balcony area, saying how they took all those bricks and put them inside the model. That continued with the DO, so I don't think the next one will have three full stories.

I don't expect it to be. I remember the Designer video of the PR where Jaimie waved his hand through the open space over the balcony area, saying how they took all those bricks and put them inside the model. That continued with the DO, so I don't think the next one will have three full stories.

If you're right, and odds favor that you are......whatever. I'll just buy three or four and make what I want.

If 10249 is the next winter set and 10250 is the year of the snake will the next modular be 10251 or something completely different? Just a thought!

So ... we're back to the Arcade/Amusement Hall as being the strongest rumour for the next Modular.

Now that there are a few Amazon listings, does anyone have an estimated timeframe for photo reveals?

If 10249 is the next winter set and 10250 is the year of the snake will the next modular be 10251 or something completely different? Just a thought!

They're remaking Year of the Snake?