The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I like this modular a lot, precisely because its more city-scale, and because its "busy". And I like the originality of the concept. The details (pool table, ceiling fan, armchair) look very good. And like many, Im blown away by the use of the bionicle fists and the unikitty tails. Yes, the blue building is a bit garish and narrow, but those arent big issues. Its strange the staircase isnt separated from the barbershop (not enough room maybe?), but its nothing a small mod cant fix. The floor dedicated to the bathroom stall is the weirdest.

But in all, I like the way the modular line is going. Is the newspaper a new print?

I haven't gotten the PR yet, but the PS was disappointing with the sparse interiors so I'm looking forward to having "finished" insides.

I'm actually kind of disappointed that the outside is a bit basic and not as elaborate as the other designs - I was hoping for something less modern and less Lego City-ish. But hopefully the interior will be amazing to make up for it.

That's a funny comment....more modern less Lego City-ish ? :laugh:

Lego City is mean't to be modern era/present era......but I do understand what you mean, though I like this a lot and it might get me back into modulars. :wink:

One thing this DO is missing, a detective Car.......really cant understand why it was not designed with this Modular!!!????????

Because it doesn't play a role in the story.

Because it doesn't play a role in the story.

True, our gumshoe is on his feet spy glass in hand on the trail of a cat burglar.....maybe ? :wink:

I feel that all the minifigs in the set form a story revolving around Ace Brickman P.I......just a thought ? :wink:

True, our gumshoe is on his feet spy glass in hand on the trail of a cat burglar.....maybe ? :wink:

I feel that all the minifigs in the set form a story revolving around Ace Brickman P.I......just a thought ? :wink:

Case of the missing cookies by the look of the images on the back of the box. :)

Case of the missing cookies by the look of the images on the back of the box. :)

Gee, the crooks better not cross state borders......the Ultra Agents would have to get involved ! :laugh:

So like in the PR where there was a marriage proposal picture......then it's the case of the missing cookies......find Rodger Rabbit and you'll find them ! :laugh:

No seriously now, do we have any idea on price yet for the DO ?

No seriously now, do we have any idea on price yet for the DO ?

It will be neither twice nor half the price of PR. It will be similar, that's what we can expect. So does it really matter if it's 149, 159 or 189 USD/AUD/EUR/GBP? We're all gonna buy it either way, ten or twenty bucks more/less won't change that. So why does the price seem to matter to some of you anyway?

Edited by bjorn77

bjorn, asking about price since we have to budget our Lego purchases, when you have kids that are into the Friends line, the Minecraft line, some Star Wars, some Hobbit, etc, you have to make sure you can budget for a modular for yourself, plus I get the Architecture line and other sets that catch my eye. There is only so much expendable income so knowing price means I can get it either January or have to wait til later in the year. As you said, will get it, but knowing price helps gauge the when we will get it timeline.

It will be neither twice nor half the price of PR. It will be similar, that's what we can expect. So does it really matter if it's 149, 159 or 189 USD/AUD/EUR/GBP? We're all gonna buy it either way, ten or twenty bucks more/less won't change that. So why does the price seem to matter to some of you anyway?

Well, not everyone is like me.........an old fool with one foot in the grave, no kids to support and no retirement concerns. Ten or twenty dollars/euros still matters to a lot of folks.

We want the price so we can judge the set by it. Clearly. Imagine GG had retailed for $200 and your reaction to how you feel about the set now. Better bargain vs secondary (assuming it hadn't changed commensurately in our quantum theory thought experiment). For those who paid retail, picture it next to your TH.

Imagine FB with a $120 retail. Place that next to you GE.

If it's $150, then PR apologists will be swimming - at least until we return to $160 steady releases. If it's $180, then there'll be a clamor! The price and sticker sitins and walkouts are just being huffy in the only way they can think of.

Price point is the symbol around which the perceived value, and therefor aesthetic success of this set will finally revolve.

Can anyone share what they think the clue was from the PR for the DO?

Isn't there usually something in a previous set that hints toward the next Modular?

Why do people say 'price point' instead of just 'price'. When someone asks what the high temperature is going to be, I don't say 'temperature point'. When they ask my destination, I don't say 'my destination point'.

At least to me, 'point' doesn't add anything.

Maybe.....????

Price point means a point on a scale of possible prices at which something might be marketed; its meaning is different from the meaning of price, which is (principally, but not only) the amount of money expected, required, or given in payment for something.

Edited by Off the wall

Isn't there usually something in a previous set that hints toward the next Modular?

It's been said before but...the case of the missing seagull?

Edited by Heppeng

It's been said before but...the case of the missing seagull?

Pattern recognition .. that's what seperate humans from other mammals (hence art and such)

I wouldn't put too much stock into those 'clues' ..

bjorn, asking about price since we have to budget our Lego purchases, when you have kids that are into the Friends line, the Minecraft line, some Star Wars, some Hobbit, etc, you have to make sure you can budget for a modular for yourself, plus I get the Architecture line and other sets that catch my eye. There is only so much expendable income so knowing price means I can get it either January or have to wait til later in the year. As you said, will get it, but knowing price helps gauge the when we will get it timeline.

Sure, that might make sense. I understand that ten or twenty dollars matters to a lot of people. But when that's the case, I would advice not to spend hundreds of dollars on Lego either way. Living in Sweden, I know for a fact that no matter what price they set, it will be 30-40% more than the price you pay in the US. On the whole, a few euros more or less doesn't matter, in any case I'm going to pay way too much for a plastic toy :).

Edited by bjorn77

Maybe it goes further back, didn't the girl in the TH have a magnifying glass?

Maybe it goes further back, didn't the girl in the TH have a magnifying glass?

Yes, that's the only connection I can make...

But that doesn't seem like a very helpful clue if it's three years in advance.

Does that mean that TLG will have a museum in two years because last year's PR had an art studio?

Too early to say whether I like this modular or not. I'm sure my opinion will be decided at release. I do however like the pool room.

Again: there were never any clues.

This is true. There were never any clues from the beginning. We only assumed they added clues from each modular but the fact is most were just simply coincidental. Don't over analyze folks, just accept the beauty of modulars and hope they make your dream set the following year...