The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Man, using those Hero Factory fists on the top of the detective's office really is genus. I also like how they framed the windows with those technic pieces held in place by the new Mixel ball joint cups. There is some great parts usage going on in this set.

1. Is the L in "POOL" a new tile piece?

2. Still no glass piece for those top arch windows? Ugh.

3. Please let the windows be printed. I don't need another Red Five X-Wing canopy disaster.

4. Love it, will buy it, will mod it at least a little.

My first thought was also that it was a MOC of the bikeshop... I wasn't too excited actually...a rather busy building, with so many colors.. but as i want two of them, there could be done something with a mirrorbuild to make the blue building a bit wider.. that thought made me feel better. And as i saw the picture of the backside of the box, with the new modular besides the PR, i got more positive.. The blue part of this modular seems to be as high as the chimney of the PR, so that is also positive... Seeing some detailing, i'm now getting more positive each minute.. Now i hope it is available soon, so i can get busy during the Christmas vacation with MOD-ding two sets into one large building... Hope to see the official High Res pictures soon!!

LDD does not line up perfectly but this is how the POOL sign was done:

POOL_zpsf9ab851b.jpg

Edited by merman

If you look closely the pool sign is mounted on a 1 plate thickness part......now we totally need to see more shots to work out how it was done.

The safe of sorts by the looks of it is mounted in the wall between the front windows and inline with the back of the 'POOL' sign.

That pool sign is brilliant. I do wonder why they chose not to do all the bricks behind the letters in white, surely would have created a better background to the P and L?

That pool sign is brilliant. I do wonder why they chose not to do all the bricks behind the letters in white, surely would have created a better background to the P and L?

Well, we need to really see more close up pictures but remember it's meant to be neon lights on that sign and they generally don't need much of a background unless required.

1. Is the L in "POOL" a new tile piece?

Ah, yes that is an L shaped tile.....oh so handy ! :wub:

The L tile is new this year and has been in sets like the Simpsons House, Benny's Spaceship and the Fairground Mixer, but it hasn't been produced in red before. It's a very versatile piece and a logical way to expand the tile family :)

I love the design, especially the front facing little corner terraces. One of my favorite features of the pet shop is the little L shaped balcony.

However, it doesn't seem like the two building are separate from each other. On the PS box, they clearly indicate that they are two separate buildings and that each individual floor is separate. It looks like each floor of this set is conjoined, which might influence the playability.

Seeing as PR got a special printed piece, I think there is a chance the window piece will be printed.

If the windows are printed.....wow, they'll demand a high price on Bricklink. :wink:

I just found these on Brickset.......

15625321387_28526a1e6e_z.jpg15625655970_bb0a89bbc8_z.jpg15624686259_e0230ec540_z.jpg

I totally dig the snow shoes as ceiling fan blades....dam, why didn't I ever think of that ? :laugh:

The barber's look a little cramped eh ? :wink:

I wonder what that item is on top of Ace's filling cabinet ?

Edited by lightningtiger

It seems that the toilet is a public one. Accescible for everyone on the street: you just have to walk down the alley and up the black stairs. I think the owner of the Pet Shop appartment is happy with this, finally some other place where minifigs can take a dump.

^^^OMG Sam Spade.

Yes, I had a copy of the original novel.

No, I don't have it anymore (cannot be rescued during a storm)

Edited by XAxles