The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Same here in NZ. Looks like it's not retiring just yet. GE is still 'Sold Out' though

Town Hall is now showing 'Out of stock, expected ship date 18 Nov 2014' in the Lego.com.au store. I just picked it up as well at full price. Not sure if I should be happy I finally have it, or annoyed that it's staying around and I could have got it with VIP point and Bonus sets, or discounted locally.

​Such is life and rumours!

Maybe now u will feel disappointed but after that you will be soo happy especially when you realize you paid the right amount for it rather than the Crazy $$$....;-)

Advice needed: I ordered the PS online from Cdn Lego shop and it said Nov 13th as an expected shipping date. However, I got an email saying it is currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before it will be shipped. Do I need to worry that they won't be able to fill the order? It looks like Target.com has the PS and I could also try the 2nd local store (first one said to call back in a few weeks to see if they got any more).

Advice needed: I ordered the PS online from Cdn Lego shop and it said Nov 13th as an expected shipping date. However, I got an email saying it is currently out of stock and it will be a little longer before it will be shipped. Do I need to worry that they won't be able to fill the order? It looks like Target.com has the PS and I could also try the 2nd local store (first one said to call back in a few weeks to see if they got any more).

As far as orders go, Lego.com has always kept its promises to me. No problems ever.

^^I went through the exact same thing with the Exo Suit that was a more "demanding" set then the modulars. It said it was out of stock and will ship on a later date.

Just give it some time to pass, and Lego should deliver as promised - patients.

If you see the set somewhere else, you can always purchase it....keep it boxed...and then return it once you get the one from LEGO.

...and this set is not completely sold out. They have tons at the Lego Store and the Legoland parks...so, they have the inventory scattered around.

And Town Hall showing again Sold Out...it's jumping about a lot. I guess there are crawling around the factor floor sweeping up the spares!

Just give it some time to pass, and Lego should deliver as promised - patients.

maybe you mean "patience" :)

So I received an email from Lego that my TH ordered last Oct 22 was already shipped today!

I ordered it days before they put it under "SOLD OUT" and was informed that it will take 2-3 weeks for delivery.

They made good on their promise and waiting time is only 1 week!

Edited by CisFran

Considering that Lego is retiring multiple modulars this year (Town Hall and Grand Emporium), is there a possibility we'll be seeing more than one new modular in 2015?

Or does Lego simply want a 'slimmer' (AFOL) modular product line?

Considering that Lego is retiring multiple modulars this year (Town Hall and Grand Emporium), is there a possibility we'll be seeing more than one new modular in 2015?

Or does Lego simply want a 'slimmer' (AFOL) modular product line?

I'd prefer we didn't get multiple modulars, because my wallet can only take so much.

I would like to see smaller modular sets. Like if they split up PS into two individual sets. It'd also help to populate my town quickly.

Common, you all have a much better standard of living than us here, and I only want modulars to get bigger, more complex in as high a price range as they go.

LEGO is an expensive hobby, more so if you are an adult with collector tendencies, I may sound rude or harsh, but if you can't afford it, maybe a different interest is to be considered. I don't see much point in cutting down on something that is supposed to stand out for its detail, realism and size. If they cut down on modulars, I will loose interest, then I might as well buy police stations, i mean city sets.

There's room for both kind of sets in the vast Lego universe. Lego did release the cafe/bike shop in the creator line this year if I'm not mistaken.

I consider that set a small modular.

compar10.jpg

Common, you all have a much better standard of living than us here, and I only want modulars to get bigger, more complex in as high a price range as they go.

LEGO is an expensive hobby, more so if you are an adult with collector tendencies, I may sound rude or harsh, but if you can't afford it, maybe a different interest is to be considered. I don't see much point in cutting down on something that is supposed to stand out for its detail, realism and size. If they cut down on modulars, I will loose interest, then I might as well buy police stations, i mean city sets.

I agree completely.

And, cafe/bike shop needs a major upgrade/renovation to fit in with the real modulars.

Wow, TH and GE were now retired in Swiss S@H... Good thing I ordered mine (TH) last week!

The one I missed was the haunted House. I was planning to order it during the 2X VIP points but was retired before that time.

Untitled_zps76713e30.jpg

Yeah I was in the same boat with the haunted house. So I ended up getting it a tad over cost price with a thought that it has been retired.

The GE was only officially sold in the UK by Lego themselves and John Lewis, and it's now vanished completely from the latter's website so I'm guessing that's it. I stupidly believed someone on another forum who stated that the PS was next to retire and treated myself to that earlier in the month, now I'm going to have to pay over the odds for the GE.

The GE was only officially sold in the UK by Lego themselves and John Lewis, and it's now vanished completely from the latter's website so I'm guessing that's it. I stupidly believed someone on another forum who stated that the PS was next to retire and treated myself to that earlier in the month, now I'm going to have to pay over the odds for the GE.

Maybe there are some toy shops in your neighbourhood which still have a GE or TH in stock at normal prices?

Not every shop specializes in Lego and might just sell their stock at a normale price.

I can still see the Town Hall listed on the JL site? It is showing as out of stock though. I just found a 'used - like new' GE on Amazon marketplace, but it literally sold out in the time it took me to log in. Unbelievable.

I seriously doubt that Town Hall is retiring. I think they will only retire one set a year as they did so far and that set will be Grand Emporium.

If they would retire multiple sets then why Town Hall if Pet Shop is 1 year older... Pet Shop should be the next in line.

I think the only reason Town Hall is sold out, is because of the rumors of it retiring and everybody is rushing out to buy it...

I can still see the Town Hall listed on the JL site? It is showing as out of stock though. I just found a 'used - like new' GE on Amazon marketplace, but it literally sold out in the time it took me to log in. Unbelievable.

Huh. That page definitely wasn't there for me earlier. *glares at web connection hamster*

Weirdly, it is omitted from the global list ("all construction"), but that's likely a technical screw-up rather than a stock issue.

I can second (I mean third?) this sentiment. Sven F, keeping it real up here in Eurobricks.

I seriously doubt that Town Hall is retiring. I think they will only retire one set a year as they did so far and that set will be Grand Emporium.

If they would retire multiple sets then why Town Hall if Pet Shop is 1 year older... Pet Shop should be the next in line.

I think the only reason Town Hall is sold out, is because of the rumors of it retiring and everybody is rushing out to buy it...

As stated before, the year a set is released does not dictate the order of retirement. Demand does. Look up the Death Star and UCS b-wing if you believe your theory to be true, ChrisO

I can second (I mean third?) this sentiment. Sven F, keeping it real up here in Eurobricks.

I disagree because basically one member scolded another for what they hoped for. There is no need for that because LEGO is not going to change their plans based on the view for one member or another. I much rather everyone can share their point of view without feeling the need to make others have to change theirs.

I get more insight from people with whom I disagree with than with those that always agree.

I have only three modulars (FB, GE, and PS) but they (and one modular MOC) cover over half of the dresser I use for display. I now think I might not need everyone that comes out. So if LEGO goes for two modulars a year, I will be happy. I might chose to skip one if I don't care for the design. However, I don't think anyone needs to consider the hobby if their goals and aspirations for a line don't match mine.

As for me, I really don't have any idea as to TLGs plans. I don't know their sales statistics, profitability per set or future release schedule. Nor do I think they will necessarily retire sets in the order they were released. If PS is still generating good sales and profit, whereas TH isn't, then as a business decision it seems as if TH should bite the dust first.

Obvioisly, this thread is based mostly on speculation and personal opinion, not fact.

If you want a set, buy it as soon as your circumstances permit. That's the only advice I have.

As for Lego's plans, I haven't much of a clue. But I do find all of the speculation interesting......if, at times, just a bit strange.

Edited by Off the wall

If you want a set, buy it as soon as your circumstances permit. That's the only advice I have.

Off the wall really says it all ^^^ see quote.

If you want a set buy it! If you wait for a bargain you may be scrambling at the EOL of a set. If you wait until after EOL and you still must have a set be prepared to pay a premium. It is all your choice.

Andy D

Would it be safe to say that a set would be available for at least 2 years? If PR came out this year, I would expect to be able to find one next year without any trouble...