The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

No. That is the first thing I need.

Now that you thought of it, I would love to see a piano being moved in this next modular :grin:

Now, if only came with a printed 6x6 tile for the sidewalk with a chalk outline of a minifigure body...

It wouldn't be able to hold anything really, unless it was really high and that is rather unlikely. This would be nice idea for a MOC - then you'll be able to build below ground level too. In the official set the baseplate is limiting how deep we can go ;)

Edited by Mestari

Now, if only came with a printed 6x6 tile for the sidewalk with a chalk outline of a minifigure body...

Except it would likely be a sticker.

I know this is getting silly but I just picked up the catalogue and it shows off only the PS, PR and PC which is fair enough but next to both PS and PC it has the normal hard to find logo but it also has the limited quantity logo. No suprise for PS but I was suprised to see it next to PC.

Just back from my local branch (Watford, UK), and they seemed to have plenty of shelf stock of TH (I grabbed one) PC, GE, PS and PR. Also Tower Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Death Star and several other of the larger models. Clearing the stockroom for New Year maybe?

Or they are unloading the big ticket items in time for the holiday season..I'm sure they get a nice spike this time of year with the double points too.

I know this is getting silly but I just picked up the catalogue and it shows off only the PS, PR and PC which is fair enough but next to both PS and PC it has the normal hard to find logo but it also has the limited quantity logo. No suprise for PS but I was suprised to see it next to PC.

Hi! I think the limited quantity means you are limited to a certain amount that you can by ie 3,4 or 5 of an item so people can't snap up bulk loads

If you don't see the set on the shelf, ask. The OKC LEGO store had the Pet Shop in the back room since they only had two copies.

I did notice in the Christmas 2014 catalogue, that the PS, PC and PR were all featured, but the TH wasn't, which I thought a bit odd.

It's possible depending on country that the TH could be a retailer exclusive.....like a toy chain or major department store ?

Well the Town Hall did come out in 2011 right? So it is conceivable to think it is on its way out, so they wouldn't list it in the catalogue since there aren't many copies left? Granted you still see Exo Suit being advertised everywhere and that isn't coming back, so who knows.

Buy Town Hall when you can! I'm sure it won't be around much longer.

Hello,

Does anyone here know the EXACT height of the Town Hall (inches or cm) ? I'm rearranging my display area and it looks like it would do at 1cm...

Hello,

Does anyone here know the EXACT height of the Town Hall (inches or cm) ? I'm rearranging my display area and it looks like it would do at 1cm...

50 cm.......

Henrik

Exactly ? 'cause my shelf is 49.5 cm high...

Anyway, I found a radical solution by getting rid of an intermediary shelf. :grin:

And thanks Henrik for your answer. :wink:

Is there a certain amount of unreliability, inaccuracy or whatever on lego.com as far as a couple of subjects are concerned? The reason I ask is because I see questions like 'which set should I buy' or 'how big is the set'? If I'm trying to decide what set to buy, I simply pull up the instructions. They seem to give a complete picture of what you're getting yourself into. Same with questions concerning dimensions. I've always found those listed on lego.com to be accurate. I know subjects like inventory control or retired sets can be 'iffy', but lego.com seems to make a lot of things perfectly clear.

Just askin', no offense intended. .....

Exactly ? 'cause my shelf is 49.5 cm high...

Anyway, I found a radical solution by getting rid of an intermediary shelf. :grin:

And thanks Henrik for your answer. :wink:

I measured 49.3 cm using a tape measure and level seated on the bell tower. (including baseplate)

Edited by Sven F

I measured 49.3 cm using a tape measure and level seated on the bell tower. (including baseplate)

Indeed, I measured it before seeing your post, and it should fit just right in the 49.5 space

There is one Town Hall set at my local Lego store- but the box is badly damaged. All the parts are still there- I already own one and only want to buy another one to resell later- should I get it?

Edit: The box is still sealed...

Edited by NotTheSinger

There is one Town Hall set at my local Lego store- but the box is badly damaged. All the parts are still there- I already own one and only want to buy another one to resell later- should I get it?

Is it cheap? If it is then it's an excellent time to get one, although you might not be able to sell it for as high a price if the box is damaged.

Do you still have a mint box from the old one? Do you want a mint box for yourself? If you have a box and don't want a box, get this one and resell it with the nice box. Then you get a TH for yourself and a nice box to sell.

They no longer discount D2C damaged box sets. But they do increase the VIP points for them. So a damaged box Townhall could be 2x or 3x VIP points. Not sure if that would in turn double during October?

They no longer discount D2C damaged box sets. But they do increase the VIP points for them.

They offered me a flat $25 worth of VIP points when I purchased my busted up TH. Free Lego is a beautiful thing.