The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Not sure if this was already posted. Jamie held a presentation/workshop during the Lego Fan Weekend; while the presentation was devoted to 10244 Fairground Mixer, he did mention one tidbit regarding the modulars - the next five modulars have already been decided and approved. So, the line is quite safe for at least 5 years into the future.

I also heard from other sources that Jamie had been promoted to a management position and so he won't be doing as much design in the future as he used to.

If true about the next 5 modular being already decided, then we have 5 great (I hope) years (or at least modulars) look forward to. Companies have been known to change directions, but as long as the modulars continue to sell well... It looks like more modulars!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Annnd Town Hall is sold out again. I don't have payday for another week.. this suspense is killing me!

If anyone continues to see it pop in and out, will you please keep this thread updated? I'll be keeping a close eye myself, but..

Haha, I saw that too, this morning. That availability window was less than a full day.

right now that museum is just short of 8K support on Lego Ideas with over 200 days to go, it trails the piano (which would be a nice fit into a modular MOC) as the 2nd most supported Idea, so who knows there

I am not interested in buying another one, but noticed that Palace Cinema and Parisian seem to be the only in stock ones I can see on S@H, with the Pet Shop saying out of stock, using the theme choice, when I typed in grand emporium all of the modular came up with GE and TH saying sold out and FB saying retired

If true about the next 5 modular being already decided, then we have 5 great (I hope) years (or at least modulars) look forward to. Companies have been known to change directions, but as long as the modulars continue to sell well... It looks like more modulars!

Andy D

And our saving money is safe too...:-)

Andy D

As long as one of them is a bank I am good I guess, otherwise I am going to have to switch on my one man angry mob mode.

Still rotting here hoping for a modular bank.

Good news to know the next 5 are there, too bad Jamie didn't politely say what they were...but I would think if one is not a museum, that if the natural history one gets to 10K, then it will be very interesting to see how that might change or if they really would pop 2 modular in a year. I think if they did one in January and then one in say August, it would work.

I'm sure they are not set in stone. And they probably do not have an ordering yet beyond which one is next. They probably just sketched out some rough plans and a direction of what they would like to see. It also does not mean we will see 5 more. The things still have to sell well to keep going.

I'm sure we can guess some of them. I'm also sure that if they are thinking 5 buildings out they are not thinking anything too exotic. I'm thinking 2019 is not planned as a massage parlor and Sushi restaurant. Probably things like Bank, School, Hardware Store, Amsterdam Brothel. You know things commonly found on a Main Street.

I'm sure we can guess some of them. I'm also sure that if they are thinking 5 buildings out they are not thinking anything too exotic. I'm thinking 2019 is not planned as a massage parlor and Sushi restaurant. Probably things like Bank, School, Hardware Store, Amsterdam Brothel. You know things commonly found on a Main Street.

I could use more Amsterdam Brothels on my Main Street...

Quite.

Haha, I saw that too, this morning. That availability window was less than a full day.

I am really glad i bought mine yesterday morning. Now i just need a second Town Hall and second Pet Shop and my wallet can rest easy for a couple months with no fears of the others retiring soon. Lets hope TH is back in stock on monday when I get paid!

hmm...I see more pawn shops here than brothels, course not really looking for either, but this would allow the designer team to get creative with themed bedrooms

TH is back again (USA), still says 20 Oct. availability... I think they are just screwing with us now... ;-)

But did he say for five years or did you extrapolate that? Because it is hard to believe they would lock down designs this far out. It might mean more than one modular in a year though.

The designs are probably not finalized, but they have at least decided (1) that there will be at least 5 more modulars and (2) what the next 5 are going to be. There are most likely early designs which will be subject to change due to parts availability. AFAIK, Creator sets are not allowed to have any new parts that are not a part of another current product line.

The designs are probably not finalized, but they have at least decided (1) that there will be at least 5 more modulars and (2) what the next 5 are going to be. There are most likely early designs which will be subject to change due to parts availability. AFAIK, Creator sets are not allowed to have any new parts that are not a part of another current product line.

That used to be true about only using existing parts with modulars, but I think the Pet Shop is the one that changed the trend (they brought back sand blue just for that set).

I agree that saying they have the next 5 figures out is no more than penciling down detective agency for 2015, police station for 2016, etc. They are probably not actively working on more than two at a time, and I'm sure everything is subject to change. I am concerned that Jamie is taking on more of a manager role than a design one - neither the TH or PC were up to his usual standards in my opinion, and the PR was a true return to form. Until they get someone who understands architecture a bit better, I hope he is still actively involved in the design.

Looking back through this thread and the Internet in general, all I can see is rumor piled on top of speculation on top of wishful thinking.

We are on a rumor thread. What else is it for? When there is real info they'll make a thread for that.

I bet the next modular is a vacant lot. No interiors, but maybe a unique color for the baseplate. :laugh:

I just placed an order for town hall via local stores around my city. I did it for the sake of completing the modular line. Can someone enlighten me with their own words why this set is worth purchasing besides piece count?

TH is back again (USA), still says 20 Oct. availability... I think they are just screwing with us now... ;-)

Unfortunately here is the news I received from LEGO.com/US... The Town Hall's back order status is in regards to a shipment coming in for distribution to those who ordered it (if you click on 10224 on the site, its status is still 'sold out'). In other words, those sets on backorder are already purchased. There is no expected restock date for this set, it is effectively 'sold out'. They said I could check back in a week or so to see if they found any leftover sets in their warehouse. They also recommended calling LEGO Store's to see if they have stock. Since I don't live near any within 3-4hr drive, I also had to make sure the store could ship it. Some do some don't. I, being on the east, called 20 some stores looking for it, finding King of Prussia in PA has it, but doesn't ship. I found somewhere near Disney, Fl that ships, but the other 18+ stores I called either didn't have it. You can also try booking it to your nearest Toys R' Us or Walmart with fingers crossed, or go my route. Other than that, expect a minimum of $40USD for overseas shipping on a large heavy set :classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

Lego Guy Bri - called our local store for you, St Louis, MO, they do not have any, was going to try to be nice and get it and ship if you were willing to pay the cost, but they are plum out here.

I would say to anyone, if you are wanting a modular other than Parisian Restaurant, get it now, do not wait, the old adage, if you want it and it is there, get it cause if you go back it won't be there pretty much rings true every time. Good luck to all in their pursuit of what they want.

Soo I can buy either another Town Hall or Pet Shop come Friday. I want to have 2 of each set so I can MOD them and make them pretty. Which do you think is more likely to stay "Sold Out" or "Out of Stock" or god forbid retiring?

Lego Guy Bri - called our local store for you, St Louis, MO, they do not have any, was going to try to be nice and get it and ship if you were willing to pay the cost, but they are plum out here.

I would say to anyone, if you are wanting a modular other than Parisian Restaurant, get it now, do not wait, the old adage, if you want it and it is there, get it cause if you go back it won't be there pretty much rings true every time. Good luck to all in their pursuit of what they want.

I greatly appreciate you help. I was able to find one in Florida that will ship it to me, but I do recommend to anyone wanting to buy this, start calling stores ASAP as stocks really seem to be dwindling.

Here is a list of the states in which I called every store that, A) Are out of stock or B) Do not ship:

Ohio x3

Alabama x1

Maryland x2

Virginia x2

North Carolina x2

Pennsylvania x1 - King of Prussia store has it in stock but does not ship

New Jersey x4

Florida: x2 of 4 - Adventure Mall - out of stock

Downtown Disney Market Place - where I was able to order mine. $199.99 + $17.85 fedex. They could be your best bet and here is a direct link to the LEGO Store finder for further help :classic:

Soo I can buy either another Town Hall or Pet Shop come Friday. I want to have 2 of each set so I can MOD them and make them pretty. Which do you think is more likely to stay "Sold Out" or "Out of Stock" or god forbid retiring?

Town has has been retired, TLG is no longer producing it. There is a chance they will find hidden stock in their warehouse, but that is a gamble. It appears the Pet Shop will still be available for the time being. I cannot guarantee about the availability on the Pet Shop, as I haven't spoken with LEGO Customer Service, but they did assure me the Town Hall is on it's last leg :classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

The Town Hall is still available in the Lego website of other countries though. I'm in NZ and it's been listed as available every time I check the website. I thought they all shipped from the US? Or do they have specific stock meant for specific countries?

The Town Hall is still available in the Lego website of other countries though. I'm in NZ and it's been listed as available every time I check the website. I thought they all shipped from the US? Or do they have specific stock meant for specific countries?

Same here, in Europe. It has been always available. Also GE, PS, PC and PR are still available.

Greaaaat. Well, lesson learned about TH then. Nothing I can do. At least I still have a chance of getting PS. Made some poor judgement decisions on my part.

I'll see about going to the Bazaar with it, but since I'm here - does anyone here have a spare Town Hall they'd be willing to trade for a Grand Emporium? A Tower Bridge? A Haunted House, maybe?

Most of us overseas peeps can probably just stroll into a toy store to get one for a trade, but I think we're a bit too far away and shipping would be horribly expensive. Wouldn't mind trading for the Tower Bridge if only I didn't have to pay so much for shipping.

Same here, in Europe. It has been always available. Also GE, PS, PC and PR are still available.

The GE was sold out for a while in NZ, but then it came back in stock and doesn't seem to be going away anymore. Maybe just a trick to get people buying it. I sure fell for it lol

The Dutch Lego Site (change region to Netherlands) has TH, GE, PS, PC and PR available.... When i have a look in other webshops, they are also easily available...with normal prices... ...