The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Since I don't participate in Facebook, please let us know when the announcement is made. While the rumors appear to be strong and legitimate (however you measure those things on the Internet), I think it would be hilarious if it turns out to be something other than a detective agency. A homeless shelter would be great. But, we may have to leave that one to Eurotrash. :-)

A homeless shelter would be great. But, we may have to leave that one to Eurotrash. :-)

Already on it OTW!

I was hoping for an announcement at BrickCon this weekend what with Jaimie B being there and that was they announced the PR. I'll be following Twitter for the next 48 hours

Hi fellow adult Lego fans! This is my first post on this forum. I've followed this topic for a long time with a lot of joy and wanted to add something that I hope you find interesting. Greatings from the Netherlands.

I've just read a rumour on brickset that there might be an alley in between two buildings. Also, the detective agency set will feature a bar (with a pool table).

Don't know if this rumour is true, but it would be really nice to see how this alley is incorporated in the design.

An alley. Great. My first reaction is 'how many real bricks that they could use in the actual building can they save by giving us an alley'.

If it's true, maybe they can also bring over some of the painters gear from the PR.

I like the idea of an alley. An alley doesn't actually save bricks, but costs more, because it adds two more outer walls.

I'm started to get really curious what it'll look like.

Already on it OTW!

I was hoping for an announcement at BrickCon this weekend what with Jaimie B being there and that was they announced the PR. I'll be following Twitter for the next 48 hours

I live in Seattle... Maybe I should actually go this year.

I live in Seattle... Maybe I should actually go this year.

Don't forget to take some photos ;)

My regular schedule doesn't work well with normal people's lives... I sleep 6a - 1pm, and my daughter's school has a function at 4, so I'd have to try to adjust tonight and go early.

Ugh.

I may try, but no guarantees.

I would like to see more "stand alone" modulars. I know most can be used as such but the connecting pins/rods suggests to me that they should be connected to one another. Something like a 2 story neighborhood home. Or maybe a bowling alley or something fun. I doubt it will happen given the popularity of the "connecting' style,

I saw that as well concerning the alley and the pool table in the "bar". This makes me think that the building(s) could go deeper back from the street than the typical set. FB, TH, PR, and PS all had space on the back side. Maybe this one will extend all of the way to the back to allow for space for the bar as well as the detective office. Perhaps the building across the alley will be the crime scene. Having an alley would mean that the buildings would have to be less than 16 studs wide from the street side. That certainly would not allow much room for an interior unless you did extend to the back. The pool table will likely be about the same size as the ping pong table in the FB. Besides that, you would need room for the "bar" itself. Funny thing is that I was actually in the process of designing my own pool table for a vignette and later on down the road as something to use in a building. Cannot wait to see how it compares. Would love it if they used a round printed black 1x1 tile for the 8 ball, but that might be too much trouble.

Someone also suggested the alley could be covered, but I am skeptical, because that would make the alley inaccessible and hard to view, although that would allow the buildings to be joined at the second floor. Another thing I might expect is the deterioration effect by mixing the masonry brick pieces (maybe in a new color?) in with the smooth wall kind of like they did with the PC. Speculation is fun, but I hope it will be soon to see where they are going with this.

Hi fellow adult Lego fans! This is my first post on this forum. I've followed this topic for a long time with a lot of joy and wanted to add something that I hope you find interesting. Greatings from the Netherlands.

I've just read a rumour on brickset that there might be an alley in between two buildings. Also, the detective agency set will feature a bar (with a pool table).

Don't know if this rumour is true, but it would be really nice to see how this alley is incorporated in the design.

That reminds me of those stereotypical detective agencies, where you have the pool table with the 2 detectives smoking pipes while playing pool and discussing the case.

I wonder, maybe an alley to the left of the building, so the open area compliments the PR when placed next to it? Ground floor bar, upper floor detective agency? Joined up thinking perhaps!

I wonder, maybe an alley to the left of the building, so the open area compliments the PR when placed next to it?

Was thinking the same thing, just an alley next to the building then wen placed next to any other building it's an alley.

This would not be giving back on the interior, as it would only be 4 to 6 wide and the building still will be 26 wide.

I wonder if the alley is just on the side of the building, they would include a wall on that edge just so it can attach to the next building. Hopefully, there will be at least a chain link fence in the alley for the detective to chase suspects over.

I'm thinking about how an open alley can compliment an open dining area.

Yeah, It doesn't make sense to me at all. Looks like the alley will be in the middle of the buildings.

Since the Slave 1 is released a moment ago on BrickCon let's hope Lego officially announces the modular next monday!

Photos?

hopefully the baseplate of the set will be 48x32. That would be cool and a nice change...

A plate that size? Well I think it's a great idea and I'd love to see it. But, I bet the accountants and market research people would kill that idea because it would likely result in a higher price (notice I didn't say 'price point'....I find the use of 'point' after 'price' to be largely pretentious and unnecessary).

hopefully the baseplate of the set will be 48x32. That would be cool and a nice change...

A nice idea, but unnecessary. Simply use a 16x32 along a 32x32 and you have the required stud count. It's not difficult to tie two baseplates together.

Locutis