The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I went to this London Lego store yesterday and one of the employees told me that the last thing he heard from Lego about the 2015 modular is that it is going to have a "Sherlock Holmes" style. He said that info was from a while ago, but that there had not been any other news since then. He didn't give me any more details, though.

I think this could be useful info. A run-down New York-style tenement would look out of place with the more glitzy buildings we've had so far, but 221B Baker Street means Victorian townhouse, and that sounds fantastic. I mean, I'd still rather have a museum, but this could be excellent anyway.

I found a picture of how the Natural History Museum on Lego Ideas would look next to the other modulars - I'm surprised at the size. I thought it wouldn't really fit in that well.

a

Unfortunately, it is slipping down off the most-supported list. I really how it gets to 10 000 and maybe considered. I would go crazy for it!

I found a picture of how the Natural History Museum on Lego Ideas would look next to the other modulars - I'm surprised at the size. I thought it wouldn't really fit in that well.

a

Unfortunately, it is slipping down off the most-supported list. I really how it gets to 10 000 and maybe considered. I would go crazy for it!

Unfortunately, I don't see how any modular building will ever reach the 10,000 vote total. Too bad because there are some brilliant designs. While I know Market Steet was designed by an AFOL, I don't see that as having much relevance to the current crop of modular MOCS on Lego Ideas. Many of the buildings now on Lego Ideas are much more detailed than MS and even much better and more detailed than TLG official creations.

I may try to do a MOC knock off of the museum since I have hundreds of the base color bricks left over from the mega GE project.

Edited by Off the wall

gotoAndbuild's Modular Apple Store hit 10,000 earlier this year:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/10142

Technically, correct. But does the Apple building really fit into the aesthetic of the modular series? I think not. It probably got to 10,000 not because of the great design, but because of the Apple cult. Nothing against Apple, I'm using an iPad 100% of the time when I post to this forum. But, unlike many, many Apple devotees, I wouldn't pay $400 for two cans with a string in between just because Apple called it an I-Intercom.

I supported the museum and any modular that makes sense in the line...I also supported the Ghostbusters firehouse and hope that if this was made it would fit with the modular line cause while the HH and Simpsons house, both of which I purchased are great, they both need MODing to fit in and while I can see how Simpsons shouldn't, I have HH down at the end as that spooky house down the lane where you don't want to accidentally have the ball go into the yard.

There are currently 223 ideas tagged as modular, although there are so many that I wouldn't consider true modular, maybe 20-30 true ones...I have made it a rule not to support LDD, mostly cause I want to see a finished product and feel that if you are going to do it, do it right and build it too. No offense meant to anyone on that point, just my own personal rule.

The Wedding Studio is interesting, I also like the Doctor Strange house, the Library and many more...

At 7665 supporters with over 200 days left, I feel the Natural History Museum does have a good shot at making it.

The museum and Ghostbusters building are both great, but I wonder if Ideas wants cheaper sets. The Apple building isn't terribly Apple and I imagine has no chance whatsoever of going ahead, because it would need Apple to agree to that.

The museum and Ghostbusters building are both great, but I wonder if Ideas wants cheaper sets. The Apple building isn't terribly Apple and I imagine has no chance whatsoever of going ahead, because it would need Apple to agree to that.

Yep, but I bet Apple would agree to it in a heartbeat. After all, since Steve died, it hasn't exactly been all roses at Apple....

If the Apple building did go ahead, it would the first modular I'd miss on purpose. It's just bland and uninspiring. I have no idea how it got 10000 supporters. The library and ghostbusters building on the other hand ... In a heartbeat.

Can we leave the debate on the Natural History Museum, and apple store modulars to the Lego ideas thread and just focus on discussions on the rumored detective agency modular for 2015 in this topic instead of going off on tangents.

I am curious of what color scheme they will use on the next modular. There has been dark orange, sand green, sand blue, tan and dark tan, dark red, along with a lot of gray. I am wondering if the new modular might be predominantly white. If its a moderne or art deco design, it might be mostly white... Anyone else care to make an opinion? :-)

I am curious of what color scheme they will use on the next modular. There has been dark orange, sand green, sand blue, tan and dark tan, dark red, along with a lot of gray. I am wondering if the new modular might be predominantly white. If its a moderne or art deco design, it might be mostly white... Anyone else care to make an opinion? :-)

I think it may be a dark tan with a mixture of dark bluish grey to go for that rustic look.

Can we leave the debate on the Natural History Museum, and apple store modulars to the Lego ideas thread and just focus on discussions on the rumored detective agency modular for 2015 in this topic instead of going off on tangents.

The thread is Modular Buildings - Rumours and Discussion. Any modular, past or potential should be open to discussion.

I would hope for a modular in the new Cool Yellow color from Friends. That seems like a nice soothing color that isn't too bright. A lot of the modulars are more subdued colors.

I've been wanting something with Dark Green, but I think that'd be too dark overall.

I'd love a medium nougat building. That color seems to be gaining some speed in other areas.

Until we officially hear otherwise, the natural history museum and Apple store are as relevant to this thread as the still imaginary and yet unconfirmed detective agency.

Edit....actually, they're still relevant even if the much speculated detective agency makes an appearance. Just because something is mentioned in lego ideas shouldn't disqualify it from a general discussion in this thread.

Edited by Off the wall

I would hope for a modular in the new Cool Yellow color from Friends. That seems like a nice soothing color that isn't too bright. A lot of the modulars are more subdued colors.

I've been wanting something with Dark Green, but I think that'd be too dark overall.

I'd love a medium nougat building. That color seems to be gaining some speed in other areas.

I'd love a building in cool yellow. Someone posted a cool yellow MOC a while back (think it was the Chima Trikes store), and it looked absoutely fabulous.

I really hope we won't get another tan/grey building, as we already had two buildings mainly in those colors.

sorry if my discussion on the Ideas modular offended, I too thought this was the place to chat on all modular buildings real or imagined...Figured it would be something to do at least while we wait for official word on the next set, technically all the leaks point to a Detective Agency for sure, but TLG hasn't confirmed yet so if we cut off all discussion on anything that is not official, we would have to stop talking about that as well...however, I respect your opinion to want to talk about only the modular line that is official.

sorry if my discussion on the Ideas modular offended, I too thought this was the place to chat on all modular buildings real or imagined...Figured it would be something to do at least while we wait for official word on the next set, technically all the leaks point to a Detective Agency for sure, but TLG hasn't confirmed yet so if we cut off all discussion on anything that is not official, we would have to stop talking about that as well...however, I respect your opinion to want to talk about only the modular line that is official.

No harm done it was my fault.

I really don't want a tan detective agency, because there is already a lot of tan in the PC and GE - although those are both corners, so I guess you could just avoid putting the detective agency next to them...

The Friends yellow IS pretty cool - that could be great!

I'd be a fan of medium nougat, in fact I've used in in LDD for my modular hospital. There was also a sand red that was used in some of the old Life on Mars sets I think. I'm surprised that hasn't made a come back it seems and obvious choice for a modular

For some reason, really bright colors to not seem to associate with the image in my head of a detective agency. In the modular world, it seems like there has been a good effort to provide a variety of colors among the models. We have things like sand green (GG), Dark Red and Sand Blue (PS), olive green (PR), dark orange (TH), tan and green (GE), grey and dark red (FB), tan and dark red (PC). I would naturally assume the new one will not be one of the above color schemes. Nougat would be great, and I would not mind the mild yellow color either. With October a day away, perhaps we are getting close to the video reveal we are all waiting for.

I agree, the Detective Agency should have a worn faded look like it's withstood years of wind and rain. The brighter colours are more suited to maybe shops or restaurants