The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The only modular so far that i was disappointed about the looks was Palace Cinema.. i thought it was way out of the 'line' of modulars, but later i got used to the first pictures of it and even bought two sets. I can imagine that a detective agency does not sound very appealing, but i think that TLG does have something for us that will be amazing again! Let them surprise us! Being the biggest toy manufacturer in the world, they will again come up with something which will be nice for the most of us! Ofcourse there will be people who don't like the new modular, but having to deal with AFOL's all over the world, it is hard to satisfy everybody! I can't wait till january!!

It really depends on how much chest hair you want on your PI. :classic:

Magnum PI

magnum.jpg

Sam Spade

As for the car...

5.jpg

I think the Ferrari will get stolen off the street since we don't have a Police Station modular.

1380648169m_DISPLAY.jpg

I'm on the verge of buying another Pet Shop set, so it would be very interesting to know if the new modular will have similarities. I might hold for a little while.

I wish it would be a mix of the PR and the PS. I will buy two sets of the new modular, whatever it will be, and then MOD it into an XL version.. so if it is a somewhat smaller building, like the PR, i wouldn't mind.. But detail sells well.. getting a cosy feeling when i first saw the PR made me even wanting it more!! Meeeh... we need to wait another 4 months before we can lay our hands on a new modular...... :cry_sad:

PR is the modular that brought me into the game. When I saw the first picture I was sold, and started out buying the other modulars that were still available. When PR was finally released I bought it on day 1. So whatever is released next, count me in for buying a couple of them.

The Pet Shop takes up only one third of two buildings in the set. I think Detective Agency will be similar and upstairs of a shop (my guess is fishmonger!).

A fishmonger would be great!! Then they can give us a seagull (or more) they "owe us" after removing it from PR :tongue:

A fishmonger would be great!! Then they can give us a seagull (or more) they "owe us" after removing it from PR :tongue:

A fishmonger would go excellently next to my planned docks. :thumbup:

A fishmonger would go excellently next to my planned docks. :thumbup:

Oh man forget the detective agency, I just want a straight up modular fishmonger building or warehouse. I'm gonna put in next to my PR and man is it gonna stink up the place. :grin:

A stairwell would have taken too much space in the Town Hall, and I'd like to see someone try and design a functional elevator that doesn't interfere with the modular levels and do better than what Astrid designed.

What do you mean by functional and not interferring?

Guest RangerDog

Honestly, i love these series, i always support them, there great! :D

I'm guessing it uses red 2L axles to transfer power between levels. (I can just imaging how much fun it is to get them to line up as you stack, and how often they will be on the wrong side if you want to change order of the floors?)

Very cool, but did you want to spend $250 for TH to get all those rack and pinion gears, motor and battery?

People already gripe that it was $200.

Prelims from the 2015 retailer catalogue are starting to leak... maybe we'll get an update soon?

Edited by rollermonkey

Prelims from the 2015 retailer catalogue are starting to leak... maybe we'll get an update soon?

Unfortunately, picture of D2C sets don't appear in the catalog. Only their boxes whited-out. :sceptic:

Words do not express how badly I'd like a museum. I got the Parisian restaurant and quickly followed it up with the colossal Town Hall. A museum would cap off my small but growing collection so well.

I'm guessing it uses red 2L axles to transfer power between levels. (I can just imaging how much fun it is to get them to line up as you stack, and how often they will be on the wrong side if you want to change order of the floors?)

I have to admit that I was curious about your thoughts, as I had similar questions which challenged me to try a PF elevator after I saw the one in TH. (Aren't real-world architects lucky that they don't have to consider how to transfer power between floors because their buildings don't have to come apart?)

The mechanism uses axles but not 2L. There's a steering wheel in the top floor which you can turn if an axle had rotated slightly while the floors were apart. There is some forgiveness as the elevator car travels between floors (owing to space between gears), so perfect alignment isn't a concern... I think Lego could easily add a PF-ready elevator to a modular set, especially if they'd release a worm screw with friction.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

In a Technic project I'm working on, I'm using a sliding worm gear to lift an assembly. It's not that hard. Transferring the rotation from the central shaft out to the vehicle, OTOH...

Actually, I think a worm gear with friction would be more challenging/problematic.

back to Modulars, I'd love to see a school. classrooms, science labs, principals office etc would look great in a large 2 storey building.

back to Modulars, I'd love to see a school. classrooms, science labs, principals office etc would look great in a large 2 storey building.

School or science lab (aka Research Institute ;) ) would be great - or a hospital