Sign in to follow this  
CIDDi

B/A: Marcus Fisher

They are my entry for the Category 2 - Before and After Brain Infection.

Marcus Fisher is the hero, who specializes in underwater missions. But after "Brain attack" he was mutated in Sharcus.

SO here is Marcus Fisher "before":

9244595795_455df3838d_c.jpg

and "after"

9244602783_7ac30ec8f6_c.jpg

and one more view

F_pydu7j9sU.jpg

Hope you'll like them! Cheers

~CiDDi~

Edited by CIDDi

This guy is amazing! Like I literally would have to write an Aanchir grade post to describe everything I love about it. The head on the shark form is especially awesome.

Edited by WARHEAD

Great set of MoC's. That the original Hero actually looks like a scuba guy is probably my favorite bit. Not only does it have a Hero feel despite being heavily Technic based, but it manages to use a villain helmet and still feel like a Hero MoC. The feet are the only thing that stick out to me, in an otherwise nicely flowing construction; the extensions to make him taller seem unnecessary, and limit his range of movement.

The transformation is also great; being able to recognize the design elements of the original, such as the helmet and Tuma feet, is fantastic, and the integration of the brain slug in there is just tops. The Kraata makes a cool fin, too, though I'm sure it's fairly unstable (as they generally are). I'm a sucker for aquatic MoCs and sets, and this fits the bill on that. Also, he's eating a fish in the picture! That's hilarious.

Both of these models are incredible, and I love that you used many of the same parts and motifs between the two models. However, because the "before" and "after" versions are so very different in an anatomical sense, I had to look very, very closely to recognize the features that identified them as two forms of the same being. After all, they share a lot of parts, but you don't know where on the body of one form to expect to see the parts of the previous form, and I feel that's a bit of a weakness. As an example, I'd expect the feet of the original to become the fins of the mutated version, but instead those parts disappear entirely, and the fins use spike elements that do not appear in the "before" version.

The face of the "after" form makes brilliant use of existing helmet pieces to create a wholly unique creature face. I feel the "after" form could have been slightly improved by using a brain that had more contrast with the other colors of the model — perhaps an orange one, to sort of match its orange eyes.

Overall, you put forth a remarkable effort to maintain visual continuity between the two forms. I just feel like the vast difference between the body structures of the mutated and pre-mutated versions is working against you here.

Really nice entry and spectacular photos. On the pre-mutated Hero, I like the mask choice (And gotta love the fish connected to it) and use of lime Rury and Krana as a pieces of armour, but somehow the proportions of the limbs are a bit off. A thicker armoring on the legs especially could look good. The harpoon work well here.

But the fish is incredible. The brain slug is inclulded well in the build, I don't own any of those but it seems a tricky part to build with. Toxic Reapa''s head is another great piece use as the mouth and use of same parts than in the Hero really ices the cake.

Amazing entry!

Perfect photos and a hundred of gorgeous design parts!

The transformation is gorgeous too.

Incredible use of mask in "after" version.

10/10