Murdoch17

LDD MOC: Black Pearl

[pid][/pid] LDD 11D

I am usually a train & town builder, but I decided to do something new after watching PotC marathon recently.

I selected the Black Pearl becuase it was better looking than Brickbeards Bounty, smaller the the Imperial Flagship, and not as odd as Queen Anne's Revenge. I first modfied the length by making it one section longer. Later I came back and made it taller by adding a proper deck. Here is what came out of that process:

-Removable deck pieces

-10 cannons

-Revamped Angel statue

-Raised captains quarters

Here are the pictures:

9238031895_85f6039be3_z.jpg

9238031857_952d442451_z.jpg

(I really like this view, as it looks like it'as sailing into the horizon.)

9240811014_e42c25fda8_z.jpg

Here you can see the decks have been removed so you can get at the cannons and captain's quarters.

The LDD file will be uploaded soon if anyone wants it!

It is similar enough, yet different enough from the official set it stands out well. I really like the finished look to it all. I love LEGO ships, but the open deck does feel a bit off at times. It worked for BSB back in the day, but these newer ships do look more finished with the end result. I loved the Imperial Flagship and I am currently modding the QAR to have a finished deck. This ship will be next on the list, especially after seeing your finished product.

Great job. Keep up the great work!

@Grimmbeard: Yes, I will get it eventually. I had the same idea with the MegaBloks Black Pearl back way in 2008. I did most of my ideas when some crucial parts broke. I eventually destroyed it & threw it out (I think) Anyway, I had a massive pirates-meets-trains layout with a VERY long dock, and am wanting to get it started again, but with all LEGO parts.

@TheLegoDr: Thanks!

Anyway, I was thinking it would be a great Bluecoat (maybe privateer?) ship. For a crew, (since the CMF bluecoats are so expensive), I'm thinking the Lone Ranger soldier suits with printed shakos for soliders, a Privateer Barbossa's suit + musketeer hat with Blackbeards' sword for the Captain, and maybe a couple of officers made the same as soiders but with Tricorne's. Now all she needs is a name. Any suggestions?

Edited by Murdoch17

I don't see how the CMF bluecoats are any more expensive than the Lone Ranger cavalry soldiers. You can get the CMF for $3 each, but if you factor out the Lone Ranger himself from that battle pack, you are left with 3 figures in a $13 set..Even if you include him in the total figure/price ratio, you are still left with about $3.25 each, so more expensive than the CMF bluecoats. Just to fyi

Are you going for a whimsical name like a lot of other ships?

Sorry I wasn't clearer: To clarify, I was actual thinking about buying the suits and other parts seperately on Bricklink. For the calvary uniform it's $1.50 a suit and I would like 6 of them. The CMF suit isn't sold in that qauntity... yet.

About the name, I was thinking something darker (to better match the ship's dark color scheme), like the "Revenge" or the "Terror"... but nothing's calling out to me. Any ideas?

Edited by Murdoch17

Thanks for the Blog post! Here is a new picture of what the crew will look like. Granted, the suits are placeholders, while the heads may or may not be replaced... it kinda looks more like the original bluecoats with the smiley there, if you ask me.

9244853190_7527b642de_z.jpg

Edited by Murdoch17

Sorry for the double post, but here is a revamped version of the HMS Terror. (That's what I decided to named it)

12993820803_19785bb2d7_z.jpg

Main view

12993822303_5cb1eaa540_z.jpg

Top-down view, showcasing the boat deck, which is removable to access the gun deck.

12993694795_2368f28b2b_z.jpg

Captain & Crew of the HMS Terror.

And as a bonus, the Port of St. Bricksmith!

12993694635_01e588970c_z.jpg

The Port of Saint Bricksmith: headquarters of the Bluecoats.

HISTORY OF THE FORT:

Ever since Eldorado Fortress was destroyed in a major Redcoat attack, the blue coats have hidden here, waiting for the chance to use their secret fort and armada to ambush the Redcoats. No one but the Bluecoats knows where the their hideout is.. excpet for the islanders, who have made a treaty with the bluecoats to get the redcoats out of their lands. The boys in blue have armed the islanders and wait for the chance to ignite the revolution. The islanders can come and go as they please, plus they can keep their land once the rebellion is over.

THE CURRENT GOVERNOR

Upon Governor Broadside's betrayal and switching of sides in the Eldorado Fortress Battle, the blue coats elected Lieutenant De Martinet to the Governor's position. He did so for the next 20 years before dying in the skirmish at Sabre Island.

The current Governor goes by the name of Edward Doolittle. He is a brave fellow of the same nature as Le Martinet, and is awaiting orders from Europe to (hopefully) start a war with the redcoats to regain their rightful place in the Caribbean.

12994088864_4802b3963f_z.jpg

The rear of the Fort.

The Governor awaits for news of his daughter, who has been captured by the redcoat's Imperial Flagship. Thankfully, the Bluecoat ship, the HMS Terror, is on the trail and will catch up with the enemy ship before it reaches safe harbor at Eldorado Fortress.

LDD file for the Terror: http://www.mocpages....1394218345m.lxf

LDD file for the Port of St. Bricksmith: http://www.mocpages.com/user_images/80135/1394218727m.lxf

Any thoughts?

Edited by Murdoch17

Sorry for the double post, but here is a revamped version of the HMS Terror.

Awesome job.

Thanks for posting!

Any thoughts on color changes for the ship?

Changing along the lines of the Caribbean Clipper might be nice since you've added some Blue Coats.

Awesome job.

Thanks for posting!

Any thoughts on color changes for the ship?

Changing along the lines of the Caribbean Clipper might be nice since you've added some Blue Coats.

Like this?

13694298565_9d3c8d1c79_z.jpg

The Terror & the nearly identical Poseidon were built by the Bluecoats, but the Terror was painted mainly black, and the Poseidon mostly white. The Terror immediately went off to scavenge and destroy Redcoats & Armada ships, but the Poseidon was given as a gift to then Bluecoat commander Govenor Broadside. When Broadside turned traitor and routed his former friends, he sent the Poseidon into the Bluecoat ranks armed to the teeth with explosives. Needless to say, the resulting explosion destroyed the Poseidon and the bulk of the Bluecoat fleet.

LDD file: http://www.mocpages.com/user_images/80135/1396879672m.lxf

[pid][/pid] LDD 11D

I am usually a train & town builder, but I decided to do something new after watching PotC marathon recently.

I selected the Black Pearl becuase it was better looking than Brickbeards Bounty, smaller the the Imperial Flagship, and not as odd as Queen Anne's Revenge. I first modfied the length by making it one section longer. Later I came back and made it taller by adding a proper deck. Here is what came out of that process:

-Removable deck pieces

-10 cannons

-Revamped Angel statue

-Raised captains quarters

Here are the pictures:

9238031895_85f6039be3_z.jpg

9238031857_952d442451_z.jpg

(I really like this view, as it looks like it'as sailing into the horizon.)

9240811014_e42c25fda8_z.jpg

Here you can see the decks have been removed so you can get at the cannons and captain's quarters.

The LDD file will be uploaded soon if anyone wants it!

hi there may I have a copy of the LDD file for the ship please.

please send to dylan.wilson2@ntlworld.com

I'm back! And I've updated the Terror to have Technic sails:

16467014446_9d955ea74c_z.jpg

Here is the Blue coat privateer vessel, the HMS Terror. She now has Technic sails, as the original cloth ones were VERY expensive. The ship is 100% build-able, and perosnally I think it looks better with Technic sails than the cloth ones.

15872864583_14040d024f_z.jpg

Also, the name TERROR is supposed to be spelled out the stern, just below the lanterns using printed 1x1 tiles.

LDD file: http://www.mocpages.com/user_images/80135/1423583641m.lxf