Hello!

I'm just curious to know how many people here would be interested in doing some truck trial or similar event here in Brisbane, Australia.

For those not in Australia, any advice on holding a truck trials would be greatly appreciated! Rules Regulations, ect.

:D

I'm trying to organize a race truck trial too .. the rules are the same as the real truck trial, a path divided into sections, the track is bordered by colored flags or goals; wins who crosses the path without errors in the shortest amount of time. If errors will be committed to a sanction that will affect the total time

hey doc if i can find 2k euros to book a flight you can count on me :laugh:

Edited by piterx

Sounds like a bit if fun, count me in!

I may have to put some time aside to actually build something though lol

:-P

i hope you're gonna make a long video of the event, with all the contenders and times schedule at the end of it, so me and my friends can bet on who's gonna be the winner :sweet:

Aww sweet! This sounds promising! :D

I'm trying to organize a race truck trial too .. the rules are the same as the real truck trial, a path divided into sections, the track is bordered by colored flags or goals; wins who crosses the path without errors in the shortest amount of time. If errors will be committed to a sanction that will affect the total time

Thanks for that! Just wondering the rules regarding construction? Anyone know what they are? Or where I can find them. :D

hey doc if i can find 2k euros to book a flight you can count on me :laugh:

HAHA, well you are more than welcome here! :D Start saving!

Thanks for that! Just wondering the rules regarding construction? Anyone know what they are? Or where I can find them. :D
There's no official rules about it, you need to choose them. Rules related to the types of vehicles used, and their dimensions, generally vehicles used are in scale 1:16 Edited by The Ghost Racer

it would be nice having different categories

but probably the best thing to do is choosing a track, shooting a video about it, present it to all contenders and then just wait for everyone to build the model that they think is good for that track :sweet:

im so upset i can't partecipate :hmpf_bad:

In my town ther's a shop dedicat to modelism, RC, and lego, i will ask to the owner to expose a leaflet advertising on the race in his shop.

axial-scx10-scale-rock-crawler.jpg

Motorsport is difficult to organize because it serves a very large lounge in which to run the car. For track trial just go to a park or in a forest and make the track.

vip_derby.jpg

Edited by The Ghost Racer

There's no official rules about it, you need to choose them. Rules related to the types of vehicles used, and their dimensions, generally vehicles used are in scale 1:16

Ahh sweet! thanks!

it would be nice having different categories

but probably the best thing to do is choosing a track, shooting a video about it, present it to all contenders and then just wait for everyone to build the model that they think is good for that track :sweet:

im so upset i can't partecipate :hmpf_bad:

you Could still design a model based on a track ect, and someone here could build and race it on your behalf!

Thanks for all the help guys!

I love this, regarding rules for trial trucks.

2.1 Modifier

The modifier is calculated:

(weight of the truck [g])/(sum of all motors’ power for 9V)

The trucks are weighted right before the competition

• 2838/0,9W
  • 71427/0,58W
  • 43362/0,51W
  • 5292(RC)/2,38W
  • 47 154/0,74W
  • NXT/2,03W
  • PF Medium/1,04W
  • PF XL/2,21W

This looks like so much fun! I hope there are enough people in Brisbane area to do it!

Edited by Doc_Brown

Ahh sweet! thanks!

you Could still design a model based on a track ect, and someone here could build and race it on your behalf!

that's a great idea :D

We (our german legomforum) had a meeting with a truck trail race too. We told everyone just to bring some obstacles and build a truck, then we met and build the course. After that we drove trough it and measured the time evryone needed. Touching the sides of it gave 1/100 second plus.

We first build a parcour for the 9398 which everyone drove and then modified it for our models. The winner was who has the shortes time in the end. Second and third place were only 2/100 seconds away from each other!!!

Edited by bricky300

Some races only allow models of real trucks, and they must be exactly too a certain scale. it might be more fun if you allow original cabin and suspension designs that dont strictly follow a real life truck.

tim

i completely agree with tim....lego is about creativity ^^

and sometimes is so damn funny looking at beautiful models being completely useless lol

Thanks again for all the advice guys!

But where are the Aussies??? lol

i completely agree with tim....lego is about creativity ^^

and sometimes is so damn funny looking at beautiful models being completely useless lol

I agree too!

Australia here.. but down in Melb..

I guess it's only 1700km's away.. I'll throw the technic in the car, and drive over... only about 19 hours or so :)

ok guys...ill buy a lottery ticket today....if i win i'll be there :laugh:

Sweet! Cya here then! :P

This rule can not miss though: use only lego pieces

That is absolutely true!

Australia here.. but down in Melb..

I guess it's only 1700km's away.. I'll throw the technic in the car, and drive over... only about 19 hours or so :)

Awesome! Well I'm not super Brisbane local, but will meet members there. :)

I would say in true Aussie style, "bush bashing" would be the way to go for the first time, so we all can just have fun with whatever we got! Then discuss some rules and regulations. :grin:

Awesome! Well I'm not super Brisbane local, but will meet members there. :)

I would say in true Aussie style, "bush bashing" would be the way to go for the first time, so we all can just have fun with whatever we got! Then discuss some rules and regulations. :grin:

haha that's the plan right there :thumbup: Now where are all the Brisbane based forum lurkers........ Surely there are more than just the 4 of us that have counted in a couple of threads......?

haha that's the plan right there :thumbup: Now where are all the Brisbane based forum lurkers........ Surely there are more than just the 4 of us that have counted in a couple of threads......?

:D yes that is the plan!

And yes where are all the Brisy lurkers!!? :thumbup:

Edited by Doc_Brown

Doc, you have inspired me, I made my first PF moc........

I ripped apart a 2nd hand 9398 I bought from eBay for the PF, suspension and portal parts and made my very own crawler.

:-D