I'm getting married, and have no time for legos. I want some suggestions on how to sell my lego technics. I spent about 3500+ buying all the sets and parts. How much you guys think i can get out of it? And whats the best way to sell it?

Here are the pictures of what I have:

9226647035_a6b894b024_b.jpg

9229428708_dcdfba0838_b.jpg

9226647427_bf7f826cce_b.jpg

9226647599_943f91f4ff_b.jpg

Hi

here in Germany used Technic is underrated. For complete sets with box and manuals youl will get about the half of the lowest inet price.

If you really need the money, sell it. If not, then keep it. I hope for you and your wife that you will have children in 1-2-3-4 years, so you will need Lego Technic again ;)

My sin build with my help at age 3,5 the excavator you have. I showed him where to place each part. We learned counting this way and to follow rules (the manual!).

Dino

Parting everything out and selling it on BL would give you the most profit.

But if you don't have time to build you certainly won't have time to run a BL shop...

If you don't need the money I would suggest to store everything in a nice dry place.

You will be very happy with this decision within a year or 10.

indeed, your child will you praise into the sky when it can play with the legos in some years. dont sell em if you dont need the money

Unless you really need the money, as others have already said: DON'T sell. How many times have you read on this forum "I wish I stil had....." or "I had that when I was young, and now I can't find/afford it".

If you live in a country with cold winters, it's a better way to spend an evening than watching mindless TV.

I agree with the rest, just put it in boxes , tape it up, label it and put it away instead of selling !

I have a lot of regret for selling a part of my collection a few years ago, now I have to spend a lot of money just to get some parts back !

Grtz Saint

Save the LEGO!

Worth when selling: probably 500-600 (when lucky)

You will get around 400 more likely from what I can spot quickly.

Worth when saving for later: priceless :wink:

The 'itch' will come back. Store it my friend, get a cardbaord box and store it. This takes no space at all and you will not regret it.

I am married as well, i still do Lego :-) I hope she is not the type that does not like her husband to be an Afol...... otherwise don't sell.

Worth when selling: probably 500-600 (when lucky)

You will get around 400 more likely from what I can spot quickly.

Worth when saving for later: priceless :wink:

The 'itch' will come back. Store it my friend, get a cardbaord box and store it. This takes no space at all and you will not regret it.

Not sure where the collection is located, but even here in Germany it should be worth more (Sold as complete sets).

8043 - ~120, 140

8421 - ~100

flatbed (8109?) - ~50-60

unimog - ~120-140

8285 - ~70

backhoe: ~20

ANd then there are a bunch of pieces left over.

Cost of 3500+ makes me think I am not seeing several sets, or they were bought after market for more than retail, or price isn't in euros, because the sets pictured shouldn't have even cost 1000 when new.

Edited by S.I

Congrats.

You may not have time now but how about in the future? All can be disassembled, tossed in a suitable sized container and stashed somewhere.

The BrickPicker.com LEGO Price Guide can give you a rough value for your assembled sets. You could sell them on eBay, since it has a HUGE audience and there are LOTS of people looking for used Lego. I would not sell all of them in one batch, since few people have $3,500 in pocket change. I would sell the assembled sets individually, and the loose parts in batches of no more than $100 each. Be sure to take several pictures to show potential bidders what you are selling. If your eBay auctions start out at $19.99 or so (even for a $200 set), it will attract attention. Post your auction on a weekend evening, so that the automatic 7-day bidding period will attract the most views.

I am married as well, i still do Lego :-) I hope she is not the type that does not like her husband to be an Afol...... otherwise don't sell.

Thats better for wife/family when husband/father is building LEGO at home, than spending time at the bar or garage;)

your collection includes epic models (8110, 8043). Save or save;)

I agree with most of the replies on this thread. The desire to build will inevitably come back.

If it's not you, but your future wife who's forcing you to sell off your collection: DITCH the stupid bitch, and DON'T sell anything.

If she loves you, she'll accept your hobby.

I agree with most of the replies on this thread. The desire to build will inevitably come back.

If it's not you, but your future wife who's forcing you to sell off your collection: DITCH the stupid bitch, and DON'T sell anything.

A little bit harsh but true.

In a nutshell

I was going to say exactly that, but refrained, I'm glad others agree!

THAT is the absolute truth!

Hence why I'm not married! ...yet :P

EDIT: Surely she has a hobby????

Edited by Doc_Brown

Not sure where the collection is located, but even here in Germany it should be worth more (Sold as complete sets).

8043 - ~120, 140

8421 - ~100

flatbed (8109?) - ~50-60

unimog - ~120-140

8285 - ~70

backhoe: ~20

ANd then there are a bunch of pieces left over.

Cost of 3500+ makes me think I am not seeing several sets, or they were bought after market for more than retail, or price isn't in euros, because the sets pictured shouldn't have even cost 1000 when new.

The actual sets only cost me about 1200 direct from lego. I spent most of my money buying parts instead of sets.

Thanks everyone, I think i will take a huge box and store it.

Good man, that's the right thing to do :wink:

The actual sets only cost me about 1200 direct from lego. I spent most of my money buying parts instead of sets.

Great choice. You would have regretted selling them.

Glad that you don't wan't to sell it :thumbup: and save it in boxes.

In mine new moc the SL gabon i juse parts that from mine childhood.