Kai NRG

Cake Manufacturer's

Inspiration for this came when I attached one of the little gold figures to a black clip... and then I couldn't resist!

9221454121_ff4c5675cf.jpg

Another angle:

9224230172_d30218a0c7.jpg

The beginning of production for the little figures. Gold/gold colored metal goes in the opening here, then gets injected into the molding machine (behind the controls), then the top of the molding machine is lifted off and the figure is lifted out of there and onto the conveyor belt.

9221455209_979d6ee53b.jpg

Cake production starts off with the batter in the oven, which is then rolled down to the frosting stop, where frosting is poured on in pretty big quantity. Then the frosting is shaped, then a gold fig is placed on top!

9221456167_c19292f891.jpg

The final product!

9221452261_7b9584d176.jpg

I debated (with myself) whether to put this in Town or Sci-Fi, but I think this is the right place for it! It's not quite even close to my usual type of MOCing, but (maybe for that reason) it's my favorite of all my builds so far! I'd love to hear what you think about it!

Kai, Fabulous! I love the cake with the white collar (thespian mini fig?) and the gold statue (starlet was it?)....This is just magnificent....an automatic cake baking machine. Perfect for the mother of nineteen children who has to bake a birthday cake what must seem like every week! Please make more MOC's for TOWN, TOWN TOWN!!!

This is awesome :grin: so much detail in there! It actually looks like cakes are being made the way you have designed it! I love it....

Now you need to build the building in which this cake machine is situated. Is it out the back of a French patisserie, or is it in a factory all on its own. I'd like to see a little patisserie with this huge machine out the back, that'd be quite funny :sweet:

Great MOC and happy building :laugh:

I love the different steps! It's soo detailed. Now hope that the robots don't come to life and take over the world... :tongue:

I debated (with myself) whether to put this in Town or Sci-Fi, but I think this is the right place for it!

We'll definitely keep in Town, thanks! :grin:

This is delicious! I love the conveyer belt with the different incarnations of the cake, and the use of the Thespian's collar as icing is brilliant. The brightly coloured minifig hands as levers create a wonderful colour splash against the grey and black background and there are so many details to look at too. You've really thought about the whole process and represented it so well, and in such a creative way. :thumbup:

I agree, more Town builds please! :grin:

I love the levers, the air vent at the back and the whole 'kinetic' feel of it, but my favorite part is, of course, the machine that splats the frosting on the cake.

Can I have some more please!

Thanks everyone! I'm really glad you all like it so much!

Kai, Fabulous! I love the cake with the white collar (thespian mini fig?) and the gold statue (starlet was it?)....This is just magnificent....an automatic cake baking machine. Perfect for the mother of nineteen children who has to bake a birthday cake what must seem like every week! Please make more MOC's for TOWN, TOWN TOWN!!!

:blush: I'll try! Thanks! :laugh: Yes, I have quite a few siblings myself and I'm the 'baker' so I know what it's like baking cakes right and left!

This is awesome :grin: so much detail in there! It actually looks like cakes are being made the way you have designed it! I love it....

Now you need to build the building in which this cake machine is situated. Is it out the back of a French patisserie, or is it in a factory all on its own. I'd like to see a little patisserie with this huge machine out the back, that'd be quite funny :sweet:

Great MOC and happy building :laugh:

Thanks, :grin: about the building! I don't know... I was thinking in a big warehouse like building maybe. But I'm not sure I'd be able to build something like that!

We'll definitely keep in Town, thanks! :grin:

This is delicious! I love the conveyer belt with the different incarnations of the cake, and the use of the Thespian's collar as icing is brilliant. The brightly coloured minifig hands as levers create a wonderful colour splash against the grey and black background and there are so many details to look at too. You've really thought about the whole process and represented it so well, and in such a creative way. :thumbup:

I agree, more Town builds please! :grin:

Thanks Pandora! I'd used the final cake design previously and that was why my random connection of a clip to the little figure made me think cake! This was a really fun build and all the details were a blast!

Again, thanks to all of those that commented! :sweet:

Awesome build. I think you captured the scene of an assembly line perfectly. That finalized cake is brilliant too! I love seeing minifigure accessories used as something else.

Keep up the great work!

Ah, just like mum use to make......well sort of ! :laugh:

AWESOME cake plant 'Kai NRG'.......the little gold figure going on top of the cake......I love it, cool as icing ! :laugh:

Brick On Cake On 'Kai NRG' ! :grin:

This is awesome! A great idea, and nicely executed. I love the details and the clever parts use, like the white plume for the frosting, the hands as levers for the machinery and thespian's collar for the icing.

Hope we see you in here more often!

Mmm.. industrial cake, the best kind. :drool: Great MOC and I really like all the hand controls. Very clever ideas in here.

Definitely a Sci-fi MOC, which is the best subforum... :look:

Anyway it's really nice, with lots of details. The cake design is really clever.

But aren't you afraid of that huge fan would blow the frosting of the cakes? :grin:

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Great build as I said on Flickr, some details I like that I didn't mention there: the lights, the fan, and the control panel on the left :thumbup:

Thanks for all the comments!

Awesome build. I think you captured the scene of an assembly line perfectly. That finalized cake is brilliant too! I love seeing minifigure accessories used as something else.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! When I first saw the ruff used as something else (a flower I think it was) I knew I needed to try building a cake that way, but it was quite a while before I succeeded!

Ah, just like mum use to make......well sort of ! :laugh:

AWESOME cake plant 'Kai NRG'.......the little gold figure going on top of the cake......I love it, cool as icing ! :laugh:

Brick On Cake On 'Kai NRG' ! :grin:

:laugh: Thanks lightningtiger!

This is awesome! A great idea, and nicely executed. I love the details and the clever parts use, like the white plume for the frosting, the hands as levers for the machinery and thespian's collar for the icing.

Hope we see you in here more often!

Thanks Kristel! I'd like to work behind the frosting plume, there seems to be quite a bit extra there... :laugh:

Definitely a Sci-fi MOC, which is the best subforum... :look:

Anyway it's really nice, with lots of details. The cake design is really clever.

But aren't you afraid of that huge fan would blow the frosting of the cakes? :grin:

Thanks! :look::laugh: That could be a problem there... :tongue: