Karlson

[MOC] Look to the East

One of my favorite scenes from The Two Towers is when Gandalf, Eomer, and the Rohirrim arrive at the battle of Helm's Deep to turn the tide. I've really been wanting to do a small-scale MOC of this scene, so I gave it a go today!

Here's the scene for a quick reference:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And here's my MOC!

9219868276_634c404c86.jpg

9217095243_eeb984ce38.jpg

9219861544_212cf25a84.jpg

9217087223_ebab3c2ed0.jpg

9217074689_0021ea39b2.jpg

...And now for some UPDATED SHOTS (based off constructive criticism)

9226297479_9c36de51b2.jpg

9226292969_d289bae4a2.jpg

9226279079_c21c008b15.jpg

9229055828_6c87bf7101.jpg

Edited by Karlson

The orcs seem a little too nonchalant about the whole thing...

Steve

It looks great and it really looks like the scene from the movie! :thumbup: The only thing I miss are a few ten thousand minifigs but I understand your problem... :grin:

Very Nice! The only think I'd change is the posing of the Uruk-Hai with pikes. I don't think they carried shields, so I would position them sideways.

Very cool though, Gandalf the White looks lovely!

Nice recreation of the scene :thumbup: I think making all the horses galloping and posing the uruks so they look a little more worried would add to the scene though :classic:

Great MOC. I love that scene and I love the saying, look to the East. It just alluded to something grand.

I agree by having some orcs/uruks fleeing away would be a good addition. But also I think what this MOC is really missing is the blinding white light of the sun!

Keep up the great work!

I'd like to thank everybody for their replies and constructive criticism. In fact, I took all your ideas and updated this MOC. I'm still fairly new to building my own creations, so your ideas in each response help a lot. Here's some updated shots. I think I captured the scene much better this time around. Let me know what you think!

(You can click each photo for a larger view.)

9226297479_9c36de51b2.jpg

9226292969_d289bae4a2.jpg

9226279079_c21c008b15.jpg

9229055828_6c87bf7101.jpg

Edited by Karlson

Great work, the lighting adds an impressive effect.

The lighting effect really makes this one spectacular MOC! Looking as if Gandalf is a savior swooping down in to battle the devil's hoarde as the sunrise is cresting the hill.

The lighting effect really makes this one spectacular MOC! Looking as if Gandalf is a savior swooping down in to battle the devil's hoarde as the sunrise is cresting the hill.

That is some nice imagery! It is amazing what you can achieve just by playing around with a lighting source.