Andy D

Getting ready to sell some mini fig's

I am getting ready to sell some of my minifigs. I have figs from LOTR, Hobbit, Star Wars and others.

What I am mostly trying to determine is packaging and shipping costs so I don't spend more on packaging and shipping than I sell the fig for.

I live in the USA, so imagine it would be best to ask for USA buyers and use the postal service.

For those of you with experience with this, approximately what does it cost to mail the average minifig?

Does the post office have prepaid mailers that you have used, and are they satisfactory so that the fig gets to it's destination without damage?

Thanks

Andy D

I use bubble envelope and have them shipped as large envelope. If I have more then one mini fig in the envelope, I repack them into another layer of bubble wrap (be carfeul not to gain thickness) to isolate them from each other. I havent had any issues shipping them worldwide and they always arrive in great shape. Bubble envelopes will run you .5 to dollar each. Oh yeah post office might want to charge you for parcel which makes international shipping cost at times double.... Read rules for large envelopes on their website and be ready to argue your point at the counter :)

Cheapest shipping is about $2.07 in a small padded envelope. Or at least a cut-to-size with First Class (cheapest), no tracking, one is. I mailed two very small packages with some LEGO (i.e. about 20 technic elbow connectors), a couple weeks ago :classic:

Every time I've sold figures, it has been $2.07 with no tracking. I've always had to do tracking because I wanted to make sure they received it, so as to not claim it was "lost." Plus, I've always sold on Amazon, and it requires tracking with that. However, with tracking, it brings the total to ~$2.97 for one figure. I'm not sure how much that would vary if more than one figure was shipped at the same time. It's based on weight and size of package.

That's another reason I don't always like seeing high shipping costs on a lot of auctions since I know how much it should cost to ship.

Best of luck!

As the others have said, 2.07 is the base rate. You can send quite a few figures without that rate changing. As long as you keep your small padded envelope from getting thicker, the rate won't go up significantly. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll be selling.

Edited by Str0ngbad