Nom Carver

LAAT/s (short): Gunship proyect

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Now with the release of the new gunship, I came to realise that is way to big beside the rest of my colection and that I dont have enough clones to fill it up, so I made some editing on this pic to find out how it would look:

9216425854_09469353c2.jpg

Dibujo2 por Nom Carver, en Flickr

I know that this isn't an actual moc but as I said before this will be very likely to what will be done to it, what do you think about it?, I cant wait to get this set to make this mods, I hope they are possible.

I edited this image from one of exxtrooper's pics of his review of the gunship.

Update:

9242826098_c027152500.jpg

ARC por Nom Carver, en Flickr

9240046545_42e29b3458.jpg

LAAT por Nom Carver, en Flickr

Edited by Nom Carver

Whoa !

I like it. It's like a a "special team drophip"

With some minor adjustments ( color , loosing the guns atop ) you've got a sweet little mean machine. I personaly don't like the flickfire missles , but heck , in overal it's a good Mod.

With a little more thought, I would replace the topcannons for a bit smaller one's .

Good luck with building this beast of a (smaller) machine !

grtz Saint

That does look good. The single cockpit kind of bugs me, but it would look even worse if there were two of them on a vehicle of this scale. The wing and rocket launcher area does look a little bulky...not sure how to fix it while keeping the look of the set, though. It does miss the wing turrets.

That look is really interesting. I like the "chopped" look to it. I agree with Brickdoctor, the one cockpit does look a bit bulky, and takes away from it looking streamlined.

Edited by ISDIronClaw

This one had a better reception than I expected, and the top (wings and engines) do look a bit bulky but hopefully we will find a solution as soon as we get it, I also think it has a little LEGOish stile like the minifigs have.

Thanks for the comments, I cant wait to get this one set, specially because my rebel army is lacking of a landing transport.

I also notice that brickdoctor is using an officer uniform, it must have something to do with his promotion to moderator.

I also think it has a little LEGOish stile like the minifigs have.

That's a very good point. It does have a very minifig-ish style, a little shorter and squatter, a little bulkier, some harder edges, but not too exaggerated.

I also notice that brickdoctor is using an officer uniform, it must have something to do with his promotion to moderator.

The promotion was one of the reasons I found it a fitting time for an avatar change (Because I last changed it shortly after I was promoted to Reg), but it didn't really play a part in my choosing of the minifig.

I like it! The only thing I would change is maybe make the area behind the cockpit less plain. Really nice mod though!

I do really like this! I think the cockpit is fine, perhaps if possible make it lower slung.. if not, no biggy as I like it the way it is! As someone else mentioned, the wings seem too stubby, perhaps the thickness... im not sure. The 2 rocket launchers on top, I think maybe if they were made smaller, it might take away from what it used to be/is aiming for... Neat little ship if/when you build it! Great job!

You all are right, I also think the wings and engines are to big, I did what I could with the pic but as soon as I get this set (3 months or more ) I will fix this issues. Damn no shipping services to this country.

I love the way it looks, and may only get the new gunship just to end up making it like this.

Edited by Darth Nader

I like the shorter 'squat' scale, more in line with the proportions of a minifig...

The cockpit looks nice given the overall size of the model.

One area I would look at would be the space between the troop bay door and the front of the troop bay. You could maybe extend the door to cover up that space. Otherwise the gunship looks very nice in my opinion.

Edited by Captain_Rex

The CW gunship has a second door in the space vacated by the ball turrets -- it might be a better idea to shorten and/or move slightly back the main doors and add a 2- or 3-wide secondary door in front of them. (Although I'm not sure if the structure of the set will allow the necessary Technic to be added there.)

This door is 2 studs longer than the one of the official set, I explored the posibility of using a second door but it didnt fold as nicely as it did on the CW one and I think that if the main doors are moved back further, the "opening mechanism" (two little handles that move them) would need to be removed.

I think it needs a few extra bricks, but acording to my memory (not so reliable) it is composed by 90% bricks from the original set and 10% extra bricks for the details but it could certainly be built without them.

Here is a reference of the frame:

9294742081_8ee0a966e3.jpg

m1 por Nom Carver, en Flickr