GRogall

First Official Brand Store opening in Vienna Austria.

LEGO will be opening its first official brand store near Vienna Austria on August 2nd. 2013

c_3300003_detail_1_800.jpg

Location is Shopping City Süd,

Vösendorf 2334, Austria

Opening Hours are from:

Montag (Monday) : 09:30 - 19:00

Dienstag (Tuesday) : 09:30 - 19:00

Mittwoch (Wednesday) : 09:30 - 19:00

Donnerstag (Thursday) : 09:30 - 21:00

Freitag (Friday) : 09:30 - 19:00

Samstag (Saturday) : 09:00 - 18:00

The Official opening celebrations are being held from 8th. - 10 of August!.

3. bis 10. August 2013: LEGO Freebuild Bau-Event

8th, Free LEGO t-shirt with €30 purchase, limited to 300

9th, Free LEGO Brand Store model 3300003 with €30, limited to 300 sets

10th, Free LEGO Minifigures set with €30, limited to 300

The location in the Mall is Green 0 80 (Download .pdf. plan) Tor 2, Top 232.

Being from austria, this is really great news! But i must say one thing, austria really isn't eastern europe, it's more central europe. Actually it pretty much is right in the middle of europe.

This is yet another great news from you, Grogall! :grin: Thanks for being our informant. :wink: I've been to Vienna a week ago, and in comparison to Munich, at least it's a more comfortable drive (shorter, and not as crowded), yet public transport is better for Munich. Since the store opens just when I'm going back from summer break, I'm hoping to catch the opening weekend.

Being from austria, this is really great news! But i must say one thing, austria really isn't eastern europe, it's more central europe. Actually it pretty much is right in the middle of europe.

True and change the info, But for some reason on the press release the mentioned eastern europe so now I edited it!

Lego divides europe to west and east. I think that austria belongs to east.

Wow! This is huge news and another reason to visit Vienna. Thanks for the post, Grogall.

It should be a big help to those living within reasonable driving distance.

Maybe they will consider Ireland and some other LEGO outposts soon.

Congratulations everyone this applies to! Now you will know the joys (and financial hurt) of having a local LEGO store! :laugh:

Good news for a lot of AFOLs in the former Eastern Bloc - for me for example, its about an hours train ride to Vienna. :thumbup:

Hi

Vienna is the far east end of central Europe ;) And if you just spilt into east/west, it is of cause western Europe.

I will be next week in Vienna for business purposes. Sadly i will miss the opening that close.

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

Only a couple more letters in the country and I'll be a happy chappy. Congrats AustrALia!

Edited by Aussie BJ

Good news! I've been many times in Vienna, next time I'm there I'll visit the LEGO store. Too bad this won't be so soon.

And yes, Austria is central Europe. Not Eastern.

Come on, LEGO, open some official stores further East in Europe, please!

What a great registration present this was! I just signed up and after my first time logging in this is the news I get to see, woohoo! I just visited the Lego Store in Lille, France, due to a visit in Belgium, and was pondering why Vienna does not have a Lego Store. Let's hope for a big Pick a Brick wall ;-)

Finally we have one too, I waited for that soo long.

What a great registration present this was! I just signed up and after my first time logging in this is the news I get to see, woohoo! I just visited the Lego Store in Lille, France, due to a visit in Belgium, and was pondering why Vienna does not have a Lego Store. Let's hope for a big Pick a Brick wall ;-)

After you saying that, I'm happy to know that I am not to be the only one on this forum living in Vienna.

BTW: Every brand store has a Pick a Brick wall :)

Edited by ScotNick

When I saw this 'Headline' through bleary eyes this morning, my hopes were raised that at last we were getting a Lego store in Australia.

Then after the coffee kicked in, I realised that it was Austria.

Lucky Austrians.

I guess we will just have to wait here DOWN UNDER.

Holding our breath for our Aussie friends...hope you get the next LEGO store.

If you could all just move cross country to the same town, I am certain that that would get the attention TLG!

NOTE: If you did get a store, you would need a second job to pay for all the LEGO you would undoubtedly be purchasing, so maybe it is better off not living within 5000 miles of a store....

Just found out I'll be visiting Vienna in November, so hopefully I'll be able to swing by LEGO store then :classic: I'm counting on France to get the next EU store...

These are good news, I am still full of hope, that Salzburg will get a store some day.

Who knows, maybe the next Austrian store in a few years.

hello brickers.it is a very good news that even people from austria and also from other countries around will be havin a brand store in neighbourhood.i visited recently a lego store in munich - reim arcaden and have a wish that this one will be as good . i will visit asap

From what I could gather it seems that there is going to be another lego store opening in Vienna, sometime during the fall of 2013, apparently in Donauzentrum...woohoo! At least that's what the store manager in Köln told me!

@ScotNicks I'm aware that every brand store has a pick a brick wall, but not all walls have the same size, which is why I was hoping for a BIG wall ;-) Once the doors are opened, we can meet at the wall ;-)

Lucky Austrians.

Whether you're lucky or not highly depends on where you live in Austria. I'm Austrian and from my place to Vienna it'd take me six and a half hours by train. I live in the west of Austria and Vienna is in the east, just at the other end. Apart from that, my visits to Vienna are very rare. :cry_sad: Still, I'm happy that there will be an official brand store in my home country soon. :thumbup:

There also seems to be a free surprise model for purchuases over 30 Euro on Wednesday, 7th of August.

Will be going on wednesday, thursday, and friday for the shirt and the 3300003 model.

Also, it isn't that close to Vienna. As mentioned in the original post, the shop is located in the Shopping City Süd (SCS) in Vösendorf, actually not part of Vienna's surroundings (as in, not part of the districts and not part of Vienna's license plate system), and at least 7 km away from the city centre. Getting there can be done from Vienna by the IKEA-bus http://www.ikea.com/ms/de_AT/ikea_near_you/pdfs/VOESDF/SCS_Bus_HaltestellenU1.pdf (first column is departures from U1 metro station Reumannplatz) (IKEA is also in the SCS) or the Wiener Lokal bahnen.