Sandy

Heroica RPG Rules & FAQ

Despite rolling it for 15 quests otherwise, I have a suspicion Flipz is 100% correct, but I will ask anyway: do Confused enemies using a Special Damage function as a Special Mirror? I've always done it as just using level...

Confused applies to specials as well, meaning that a confused enemy will have a 1/2 chance of using the special skill against it's interests. Just as Flipz has pointed out.

It's been on the FAQ for a long time, so if QMs have been using the effect wrong, then it's their mistake.

Now, I do have a Sandy/community question of my own: should we allow Stunned to stack and/or extend? It's struck me recently that, with the way Stunned currently works, a Hastened Hero is guaranteed to be able to attack at least once per Round. But what if an enemy can apply Stunned 2, preventing the Hero's next two actions? It would allow some interesting different Specials QMs could use without having to come up with new effects that bypass existing Hero immunities (which I've always found to feel a little...off). I don't know, it's just something that sprang to mind amidst all this discussion. :classic:

It's an interesting idea, and I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented. :thumbup:

How many thrown weapons can be retrieved in a single turn?

All can be retrieved at once.

Q: What does "retrievable" mean in the case of the throwing weapons?

A: The throwing weapons need to be retrieved in order to use again, which means during a battle, if you roll any result from 1 to 4, you have to spend a turn to get your throwing weapon back. You can only retrieve from the front row. You cannot do anything else on that turn. If you have thrown several throwing weapons at the enemies, though, you can retrieve them all on the same turn. They are automatically returned to you once the battle ends, though. In any case, it would be smartest to hold another weapon ready if you have a throwing weapon.

Confused applies to specials as well, meaning that a confused enemy will have a 1/2 chance of using the special skill against it's interests. Just as Flipz has pointed out.

It's been on the FAQ for a long time, so if QMs have been using the effect wrong, then it's their mistake.

News to me, I have never seen it played like that. But I guess we have the clarification now.

Question: since weapons that are "doubled against [type]" double their WP rather than dealing double damage, does that mean that the doubled WP comes into play for spells, too?

I would assume so. Unless it only affects staves/wands/etc.

In addition to all standard services, Flavius offers...

Sharpen The Edge: Makes the weapon do a permanent Bleeding 3 effect. Costs 15 gold for each of the weapon's WP. (So 150 gold for a WP: 10 weapon.)

Blunt The Pommel: Upgrades the pommel of a weapon, allowing the heroes to pummel their foes with it. Makes the weapon have a 1/2 chance of dealing Stunned on a succesful hit. Costs 18 gold for each of the weapon's WP. (So 180 gold for a WP: 10 weapon.)

Each weapon can only have one of these treatments applied to it.

Could someone have taken a Slimy Sword, WP: 2, split it into two separate weapons, applied a different effect to each, and then combined them again, for a

Slimy Sword, WP: 2, deals Bleeding 3, and has a 1/2 chance of Stun
?

And if so...yeah, those swords really need to get nerfed. Or be sold to someone who will only use them for good. :laugh:

Maybe they could eventually be character-bound, somehow*? They'd still be OP, but it'd be contained, at least.

*Only after Lind gets back from #147, and I try and haggle my way into a Slimy Sword, WP: 1, of course. :laugh:

Yeah, someone is going to abuse the Slimy Swords and get them nerfed. Personally, I think they were broken to begin with.

In case you haven't noticed, Petaldan hasn't sold any to anyone. :look:

Or be sold to someone who will only use them for good. :laugh:

Isn't everyone glad Petaldan has them?

If Na'im was at full 25/25 health, then the raw meat should bring it up to 30/30.

If he were at 24/25 it would similarly bring it to 29/30.

Thanks, but after the three best rolled rounds of the last five battles the point is now moot.

Okay, so having rolled the first Grand Theft Hero in the game, I believe I ran it correctly (I treated it the same way I would a Shaman's Blood Ritual), but just in case I misread the intent of the ability, I'd like to hear if anyone thinks the damage should be treated like a physical attack instead.

Okay, so having rolled the first Grand Theft Hero in the game, I believe I ran it correctly (I treated it the same way I would a Shaman's Blood Ritual), but just in case I misread the intent of the ability, I'd like to hear if anyone thinks the damage should be treated like a physical attack instead.

Hmm I guess that would have to be confirmed by Sandy but I think it should be a physical attack that takes SP into account.

I asked about that once and I believe Sandy said it's a physical attack, let me look for it...

It's not exactly relevant yet, but is Rogue Thief's Shield considered a physical attack? The wording of the stealing health has me a confused. Mug was considered one, I know that much. I think it would be, but I'm unsure.

If an attack consumes ether, it's magical. If it doesn't, it's physical. Simple as that. :classic:

Alright, cool. :thumbup: I just wasn't sure if it was an actual attack, or something like Grim Reaper or Internal Conflict.

It does damage based on weapon power and level, so yeah, it's an attack. :wink:

I knew it was going to come up eventually. Maybe it'd take three years but I knew it would happen. :tongue:

I asked about that once and I believe Sandy said it's a physical attack, let me look for it...

I knew it was going to come up eventually. Maybe it'd take three years but I knew it would happen. :tongue:

Ah, excellent. All right, fixed. :thumbup:

I think the item's creator intended for it to be used by knight and barbarian advanced classes as well, but the item's creator (Sandy?) will need to clarify.

I think the item's creator intended for it to be used by knight and barbarian advanced classes as well, but the item's creator (Sandy?) will need to clarify.

That is always the case. There's no item to my recollection specific to base classes, there wouldn't really be any point in that.

That is always the case. There's no item to my recollection specific to base classes, there wouldn't really be any point in that.

*cough cough* Brickdoctor

Double-checking, but only means only, right?

Advanced, Veteran and Master classes can always use any equipment that are suitable to their respective base classes. I believe the word "only" there is just for flavor.

So what happens when an artisan wears two medals of glory? :grin:

So what happens when an artisan wears two medals of glory? :grin:

They get nerfed? :laugh:

They get nerfed? :laugh:

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. :tongue:

In all seriousness, from the foremost authority on the subject:

Let's say that for the sake of balance, artifacts with the same or similar ability do not stack, even if multiple are equipped at the same time. The artifact with the highest benefit takes precedence.

I'll add this to the FAQ.

There's your answer, Jimbee. :classic: