Sandy

Heroica RPG Rules & FAQ

So long as they're after the person reviving in the battle order.

Switching weapons doesn't take a turn, a Hastened Hero can choose to attack with Weapon A and then attack with Weapon B on their second turn just fine.

Dammit, was I thinking artifacts? You think I'd know after 15 quests and about 100 battles run. :tongue:

Wait, getting fellow heroes to join the Wolfking Followers does not give us increased rank therein, does it?

OK the stealth suit (in 136) takes up three slots do you need to be level 20 to wear it? I would think it is like wearing one artifact I'm I wrong here?

I can't find the initial description, but generally it counts as one artifact, but fills three possible slots.

Edited by Asphalt

I can't find the initial description, but generally it counts as one artifact, but fills three possible slots.

That is what I was thinking but PJB said I need to be at level 20 to use it. So something might be need to re-worded if that is the case.

The creator is always right.

Like I said something needs to be re-worded if that is the case. Because right now it is not to clear and other Quest Masters could get confused like I am about it.

Making an artifact take up three Artifact slots on top of their physical location slots is a needless nerf, IMO; if you're trying to balance a powerful Artifact, the inconvenience of having to give up those extra slots at higher levels despite them being empty in terms of overall Artifact count is more than enough, and helps to justify traits like the Artisan's Fashionista trait existing; additionally, the entire point of the multi-slot Artifacts we already have is to give lower-level characters powerful Artifacts that let them stand with the higher-leveled characters, but in a way that doesn't scale up when they themselves become high-level. The only circumstance in which I'd make an Artifact take up multiple Artifact slots (as opposed to just multiple position slots) is if I was creating some kind of upgradeable Artifact (think Samus Aran's Power Suit from Metroid, and yes I have tried and failed multiple times to come up with a balanced and thematically appropriate way of making a Heroica equivalent), in which case it's not the Artifact itself taking up multiple slots so much as balancing the swappable upgrades like separate Artifacts without having to worry about physical locations on top of total slot limits. (Example: the Power Suit is a bodywear that takes up all six Artifact slots, but from there you can choose any six of Samus' power-ups in any combination, it just takes a turn to swap out which power-ups you want active [just like it takes a turn to swap out normal Artifacts].)

Also (and this is a mild spoiler, but whatever), I do have allied and enemy NPC abilities in the works that change their stats based on how many Artifacts the Hero has equipped, as a means of being able to balance mixed-level parties; Artifacts that take multiple Artifact slots will put those players at a notable disadvantage in those fights. :wink:

A question. Can I use my Emerald to enhance my newly acquired Hammer, so it is more effective on aquatic and rock enemies? If yes, how much does that cost? If no, what can I use the Emerald on?

A question. Can I use my Emerald to enhance my newly acquired Hammer, so it is more effective on aquatic and rock enemies? If yes, how much does that cost? If no, what can I use the Emerald on?

From the Marketplace thread:

ANWYL SMOKEBEARD'S SMITHY

heroicamarket-smithy.jpg

heroicanpc-anwylsmokebeard.jpg

Merge equipment with an elemental gem:

You need a weapon and an elemental gem for this service. Merging the gem will give the weapon the elemental attribute of the used gem, but the gem itself will not be available to use anymore. A shield can be equipped with a gem as well, granting immunity to the respective element. This service costs 50 gold.

The merging can be undone to get the gem back, but it will cost another 50 gold. Multiple gems can be imbued into one weapon or shield, but they all need to be merged separately.

Thanks!

Are these stats correct after I merged it with an Emerald?

Spark Hammer (wp8 Lightning and wood elemental Hammer. 2x wp against flying and mechanical and Aquatic and Rock)

Edited by Alfadas

Yes, but you shouldn't list what it's effective against. It can get confusing, because some weapons have that sort of thing built in without gems.

Yes, but you shouldn't list what it's effective against. It can get confusing, because some weapons have that sort of thing built in without gems.

Oky! Thanks!

Purpearljellyblob, can we get a re-ruling on the Shikokku's Stealth Suit? From the quest, you seemed to indicate that a hero needed to be at level 20+ to use it, but that seems to render it a bit of an underpowered artifact. I would certainly be interested in it for Petaldan though if it followed the normal ruling for such artifacts.