Sandy

Heroica RPG Rules & FAQ

It's a "soft yeti fur coat", not an actual yeti fur coat. I suggested for Grogmas that he got the real thing, but apparently that was too OP. I'm not sure if the soft version being suitable to all was an oversight or not.

I'm just now realizing that all of my artifacts were Grogmas gifts, whether to me or someone else. I got both of my gifts that were from someone else for free because both gifters were leaving.  :look:

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

I don't think Cedric can wear Blizzard's coat. :look: 

I think it will be OK. I double checked and their was nothing said about it can only be used for Blizzard. 

Ah, alright. Apologies if that is the case.

Generally, retiring players giving away things for free or dirt cheap was frowned on if not altogether disallowed, but I'm not sure it really matters at this point.

26 minutes ago, Palathadric said:

Generally, retiring players giving away things for free or dirt cheap was frowned on if not altogether disallowed, but I'm not sure it really matters at this point.

You what, I kinda see you point especially if you give everyone thing to one player. The one example I can think of is @Goliath every time he restarted different characters got something. (Just for the record I have benefit from such give aways.) But their is one example that does bother me, that is @Flipz he gave a bunch of extra stuff to his second character. Now I don't mind one or two things but I think he went a little overboard. 

Oh look, I still get notifications for EB...sometimes.  Huh.

8 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

But their is one example that does bother me, that is @Flipz he gave a bunch of extra stuff to his second character. Now I don't mind one or two things but I think he went a little overboard. 

*she, her, she. :wink:

Honestly, if there was a rule that "second characters" couldn't get free/cheap stuff from the player's first character I'm not sure I would have bothered making a second character.  (Not that it worked out anyway, but eh.)  Frankly if Brickdoctor hadn't made such an engaging first two Quests for Arthur that basically ended up powerleveling him to Sorcerer, I'm not sure I would have stayed engaged enough to stick around to play the later stages of the game, especially if the Ether nerf on Magic Burst had been in place then like it is now.  One of the few weaknesses of the Heroica system, in retrospect, is that without complicated artifacts that cause headaches for QMs, there's not a whole lot of options available for new players to choose from; it's basically a game of "choose the target least likely to kill me and then wait for the QM to roll", especially for non-magical classes that don't have a wide selection of gems and scrolls to play with tactically.  I think if Heroica gets a sequel, a bit more emphasis could be placed on the non-magical weapon types, perhaps even going so far as to emulate Fire Emblem and include a weapon triangle or some other system by which martial classes get tactical options on par with Scroll-users.  (Alternatively, some sort of change to the experience system such that KO'd Heroes get *something* after the fight ends might encourage more risky play, as opposed to the tank meta that the current system has devolved into, which would also help to liven up battles.  Heck, you could even do both, since both ideas are compatible.)

@Flipz I was talking about you, not your characters. (You are male aren't you?) If I am remembering correctly you gave your second character some things then a couple days later you did it again. It seem like you ended up giving your second character 20 items (for the record I am not going to double check). Plus you weren't the only to do something similar I remember @UsernameMDM doing it too (with a bunch of gems). But he ended up redacted the whole trade because he made the character to soon. I like to remind everyone I am find with a few "free" items but at a certain point it does get to be to many. 

Pretty sure Flipz came out as trans a few weeks back, at least on the site. :wink:

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Pretty sure Flipz came out as trans a few weeks back, at least on the site. :wink:

Wasn't it that He identified as a Brickfig?  So many options these days.  :pir-laugh:

Edited by Asphalt

12 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I like to remind everyone I am find with a few "free" items but at a certain point it does get to be to many. 

Not that is matters at this point, but there are not rules/guidelines for the first PC gifting to the second PCs. 

Not sure why you feel like you need to remind everyone of your opinion.

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

Not sure why you feel like you need to remind everyone of your opinion.

I don't know it seems like everyone has a stick up the back side recently. Maybe I am just getting old? Or I am spending more time on social media. I am not trying to pick on anyone just using example that I can remember. On that note...

Try to have a good day sir (along with everyone else). 

19 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I like to remind everyone I am find with a few "free" items but at a certain point it does get to be to many. 

I was referring to this.  Not sure what the point is.  I did not think you were picking on me.

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I don't know it seems like everyone has a stick up the back side recently. Maybe I am just getting old? Or I am spending more time on social media. I am not trying to pick on anyone just using example that I can remember. On that note...

Try to have a good day sir (along with everyone else). 

I got a question about this item. 

Greaves (SP:2, immunity to slowed and hastened; footwear) 

Would this item make it so I could not be hastened?  Or I would be hastened as long as I am wearing the boots? 

In terms of mechanics, the "immune to X" cancels out the "grants permanent X". 

I currently possess an item described as being 'worth 40 gold to certain NPC's' however during the quest where I obtained it I failed to sell it to the NPC I was supposed to and subsequently I have been unable to find an NPC to sell it to. Would it be acceptable if I simply converted the item into its stated value?

19 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

I currently possess an item described as being 'worth 40 gold to certain NPC's' however during the quest where I obtained it I failed to sell it to the NPC I was supposed to and subsequently I have been unable to find an NPC to sell it to. Would it be acceptable if I simply converted the item into its stated value?

Up to the original QM.

@Waterbrick Down @Zepher or @JimBee 

I believe this item was in the marketplace at one time. 

Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable for knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear) 

Could I get a confirmation if the selling price was 240 Gold. And if I would sell it back it would be what, 120 Gold? 

20 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

@Waterbrick Down @Zepher or @JimBee 

I believe this item was in the marketplace at one time. 

Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable for knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; bodywear) 

Could I get a confirmation if the selling price was 240 Gold. And if I would sell it back it would be what, 120 Gold? 

Yep sell back price would be 120 Gold.

1 hour ago, Alfadas said:

OoC: I tried looking up what level you have to be in order to equip 2 artifacts, but I can't find it anywhere... Stats otherwise look fine. 

You get a new "slot" at every 10 levels. Since you are at level 15 now you can equip two artifacts. 

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

You get a new "slot" at every 10 levels. Since you are at level 15 now you can equip two artifacts. 

Okay, thanks

Question regarding the:

Crescent Seal (+2 Power, +1 Free item usage during the first round of battle)

Can the item be used on anyone in the party? Or just the seal-bearer?

38 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Question regarding the:

Can the item be used on anyone in the party? Or just the seal-bearer?

Just the seal bearer.