Sandy

Heroica RPG Rules & FAQ

Just a thought: I know using a phoenix essence on an undead enemy instantly kills it, and I'm guessing using a phoenix incense on an undead enemy would kill the entire enemy side, if they were all undead (and not immune to sudden death) but what would a demonic essence/incense, or for that matter a fenghuang essence/incense do to a theoretical enemy party of all undead enemies? And now that I'm on the topic what about a cosmic essence/incense?

I've opened up a right tin of nasties now haven't I... :look:

Well, I know for a fact that incenses of any kind can't be used on the enemy side for the sake of QM sanity, we established that back in Quest 44.

Fenghuang essence would either work as normal or else have no effect, since it has to be administered before the KO.

I'd think that any other Phoenix Essence variant would work exactly like a standard Phoenix Essence, and the extra effects would just be wasted.

I got a technical question about an item. (And I kind of wish I asked it when I first got the helmet. But now PJB do not seem to be around.)

What would happen if I used a Bright Polish on this item. (I am talking about the "Star Elf" section. Would it be double SP?)

Spesialian Helmet (SP:2, SP:4 if wearer’s Star Elf, Health +2, Power +2, Suitable for anyone; headwear)

I got a technical question about an item. (And I kind of wish I asked it when I first got the helmet. But now PJB do not seem to be around.)

What would happen if I used a Bright Polish on this item. (I am talking about the "Star Elf" section. Would it be double SP?)

Spesialian Helmet (SP:2, SP:4 if wearer’s Star Elf, Health +2, Power +2, Suitable for anyone; headwear)

It only doubles the SP from 2 to 4 specifically for that item if the wearer is a Star Elf. So in your case, it would just be SP:2.

EDIT: Forgot, if you use a bright polish, it's essentially the same thing except the stats would be 3 or 6 I'd imagine. It wouldn't make sense if you used say four bright polishes on it and go from SP:6 to SP:4 if you are a Star Elf.

Edited by Goliath

I dont see any reason it would double. It just says one is two and one is four. So if you polished it it would go to 3 and 4. As rare as polishes are I wouldn't use it on that.

Pretty sure Asphalt is correct. Nowhere on the item does it say "double SP for Star Elves".

I think the fairest way to maintain the way the item was intended would be to change the description to "SP: 2, +2 SP for Star Elves" (4 SP for Star Elves now). Then, if polished, it would go to "SP: 3, +2 SP for Star Elves" (5 SP for Star Elves). That way it doesn't get OP, but still maintains it's perk for the Star Elves out there. :thumbup: I think that would be most in keeping with the original intent as well.

I think the fairest way to maintain the way the item was intended would be to change the description to "SP: 2, +2 SP for Star Elves" (4 SP for Star Elves now). Then, if polished, it would go to "SP: 3, +2 SP for Star Elves" (5 SP for Star Elves). That way it doesn't get OP, but still maintains it's perk for the Star Elves out there. :thumbup: I think that would be most in keeping with the original intent as well.

Is it though? I can remember needing clarification for the Hunter's Crossbow when it came to upgrade it. I would have thought the intention was double the SP for Star Elves...

At the end of the day, it comes down to intention: +2 SP for Star Elves, or *2 SP for Star Elves. Based on how Purpearl seemed to heavily favor the Star Elves and their superiority, I'd guess that she intended the item to double its SP for Star Elves, but that's just my view (and admittedly, my view on everything involved in 135 and 136 is somewhat negatively biased, so take it with an extra-large grain of salt).

I started to wonder if that could of been it also. But, I guess it doesn't fully matter because far as I know there are no Star Elves players.

Shouldn't Jump Hit protect both the Dragon and the Dragoon from AoE?  Logically, if the Dragon is carrying the Dragoon, both should be safe.

...although I guess I can see how that could get confusing with Dragons acting on their own turn before the Dragoon...dunno, it's weird either way. :blush:

Question about the "Mobs".(I know about the out number party members.) They only get one free hit. They don't split up in to parts a,b,c,d,e... And attack players a,b,c... I thought the "Mob" just attacked "player a". 

2 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

Question about the "Mobs".(I know about the out number party members.) They only get one free hit. They don't split up in to parts a,b,c,d,e... And attack players a,b,c... I thought the "Mob" just attacked "player a". 

That's correct. If you're referring to the current round of the Unlimited Quest, the Bugbear Elder's special gives a Free Hit to each enemy in addition to the Free Hits that the untargeted enemies get.

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

That's correct. If you're referring to the current round of the Unlimited Quest, the Bugbear Elder's special gives a Free Hit to each enemy in addition to the Free Hits that the untargeted enemies get.

Why do I seem to miss this crap? :cry_sad: :look: :pir-murder: 

Not to sure where to put this. But I noticed that the player Matthias (StickFig) is not on the "hero list" on the "Hall's" first post. And he is not on the "retired list" also. I am thinking he accidentally got deleted. 

52 minutes ago, samuraiturtle said:

Not to sure where to put this. But I noticed that the player Matthias (StickFig) is not on the "hero list" on the "Hall's" first post. And he is not on the "retired list" also. I am thinking he accidentally got deleted. 

his entry's there, his picture just disappeared. :wink:

It must have been the confusion surrounding the "Matthias/Stickfig" argument. :tongue: We weren't sure what to call him so we just threw him out.

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

It must have been the confusion surrounding the "Matthias/Stickfig" argument. :tongue: We weren't sure what to call him so we just threw him out.

Hahaha good one. :pir_tong2:

11 hours ago, Palathadric said:

:cry_sad:

23 hours ago, Flipz said:

his entry's there, his picture just disappeared. :wink:

Well that is what I get for just skimming through the list. But I found another one Cree (Pedguin). His picture is missing too. 

On 12/5/2016 at 9:14 PM, Pedguin said:

Cree shouldn't even be on there, I retired him a few months ago.

My guess as to the reason your still on the list, is because you have not been gone long enough. (I think Sandy waited a year before he took some one off the list.) 

And now I just found a third person who's picture is not on "Hall" list Skelly (Skeleton_). Man I must be bored if I keep finding this stuff. 

I got a technical question about this item...

Demon Wings (Take To The Skies deals Darkness-elemental damage and Hexed instead of Wind-elemental damage and Stunned; backwear, suitable to The Demon Germ only)

Their is no "gems" in the thing. I would think their is none. But, I want make sure. 

45 minutes ago, samuraiturtle said:

I got a technical question about this item...

Demon Wings (Take To The Skies deals Darkness-elemental damage and Hexed instead of Wind-elemental damage and Stunned; backwear, suitable to The Demon Germ only)

Their is no "gems" in the thing. I would think their is none. But, I want make sure. 

There aren't.

@Mencot I don't know what you have in mind for the current battle in quest #154. But the undead can only be hurt by Elemental attacks. And from the looks of it "Boris's Healing" is the only thing going to hurt them (undead).