gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello

I have some new Star Wars stuff for you.

It's one of these non-known Podracers from the big Boonta-Eve-Classic.

The KV9T9-B Wasp by Clegg Holdfast:

9208131479_cb01f62751_c.jpg

1372970228m_DISPLAY.jpg

Want more?

Enjoy the details on flickr and MOCpages!

Stay crætive!

Jonas

It looks amazing, one of the best podracer I have ever seen. But tell me, it isn't very sturdy and swooshable, is it ?

:drool: I vaguely remember a quote from the start of the race along the lines of “Clegg Holdfast, and his Volvec KT9 Wasp!”, but the line appears to be absent from the script of the movie and I don’t have the movie to check. In any case, you've done a beautiful LEGO version of the vehicle. There’re so many greebles and little bits used, but they’re all arranged in some very smooth, almost elegant LEGO circles. I also really like the color variation between dark and bright reds. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

What a triumph!

Those grill tiles, clip plates, railings... all combined in a wonderful, round and dark red MOC. Magnificent!

The whimsical cockpit is very appealing to me as well. It looks like some sort of glider.

I do hope you make more of these UCS podracers. And if you do - and even if you don't - the best of luck.

Great work Legopard! I always wanted to try my hand at one of the lesser known pod racers, but couldn’t find enough reference pictures to my liking. What did you refer to when building this one? And did you have to improvise at all due to a lack of reference material?

That's one awesome looking podracer, 'Legopard'! And I also find it fascinating how in LEGO building the same ideas can be used in such different ways. Just a couple of days before 'alois' posted this in Town forum. That's why LEGO is such a great thing

Awesome! I love all of the detail, especially on the engines.

Question: how did you do the very front of the engines? It looks like red 1x2 plates with a rubberband around them. The effect is fantastic.

Hey guys

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you like it.

But tell me, it isn't very sturdy and swooshable, is it ?

Sturdy enough. There are Technic Axels that hold the engines very good. Only the Cockpit is not so stable. But fixed on the Base it's ok.

What did you refer to when building this one? And did you have to improvise at all due to a lack of reference material?

Jep, i had lack of reference material so i imprivised a bit. Also i added a bit more details than in the pictures. It's my own interpretation.

Question: how did you do the very front of the engines? It looks like red 1x2 plates with a rubberband around them. The effect is fantastic.

They are 1x2 Plates only fixed with one stud in ech other. The rubber helps to hold the construction together.Not so simple to build and not very sturdy.

Jonas

I do not come here very often , but I should :wink: . Very nice podracer , cool details

Wow! Stunning work Legopard! Love the intakes and great greebling! :sweet::thumbup:

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup: The podracer is perfect :wub_drool:

Thoese engines are a work of art I mean just look at all those details. Good job! :classic:

-Dutch

This is beautiful. Highly detailed engines. I love the ground work too. Very fitting, although I haven't seen the movie in a while.

I couldn't imagine piecing something like this together. But it looks gorgeous.

Please, show us more!

Now that's a podracer ! :wub:

AWESOME designing there 'Legopard'......those engines are just the bomb ! :grin:

Brick On Podrace On 'Legopard' ! :grin:

Hallo Jonas,

wie immer sehr schön gebaut mit vielen originellen Ideen! Fettes Teil!

Tschüs, Christian

On EB, we require everyone to post in English. Of course, you can always PM someone to communicate with them, and do so in any language of our choice. Thanks!

Wow, beautifully done! Always nice to see Pods (besides Anakin's and Sebulba's) get some love. If only TLC would follow your example.