A easy to build yes ?? well is it an off topic l don't known

Very easy, the instructions tell you to place one or two parts at a time in most places. And yes, this is off topic.

8448 - design is really nice and I like modular construction and studded chasiss very much

8466 - great tires, rare colour and interesting door lifting mechanism

8480 - mechanical complexity

8880 - a lot of functions

8110 - looks, functions and very realistic layout.

etc...

I really like most of the flagships and some others too.

Hey guys l noticed that the tires of the motocros bike set look very interesting and l known that you can't put a minifigure on it becoz the set is very large would it be okay if l put a BIONICLE figure on it :wink: well l don't have the set yet but still l wont to known would it look good ??

Edited by Legofan225

Lego Pneumatic Front End Loader - Set 8439. Wish I never sold it to buy the actuated version.8439-1.1134260722.jpg

I just finished building this one, I don't have many studded technic sets but this one holds its own next to the 3 studless front end loaders on the shelf :-)

Mine would be 8297.

Oh Yes, this one brought me out of dark ages. I know its look isn't very attractive due to high amount of DBG ir Black colour parts, but it has something special.

I recently started buying sets again and from those I bought, the 8110 Unimog is absolutely the best.

From a nostalgic point of view however, my favourite would be 8425 Black Hawk. I bought that one when I was about 10 years of age, paid with the pocket money I saved up for probably a whole year (or longer?). With mom to the toystore...well, you'll get it :blush:

Edited by Roeltjuh

Impossible to pick one! the favorite sets are ofc the ones u never have had :P like unimog, the big cranes, the big 8265 wheel loader and ofc the 8043 excavator!

some sets i have had that i liked the most: 8862 backhoe, 8851 excavator, 8853 loader (all 3 good old times) 8416 forklift

A favourite set would be impossible. From the early years I really like 8860, from the nineties 8480 and more recently 8043.

I only have a few sets (8841 Dune Buggy, 3806 Gigamesh, 3808 Shadowstrike, 8455 Back-hoe, 8043 Excavator, plus 8376 Hot Flame RC car and 8001 Battle Droid). 8043 is impressive for how much stuff is crammed into the superstructure, but for me the 8455 back-hoe wins for sheer complexity and realism.

Admittedly, given the rest of my collection, those two sets don't have much competition...

Edited by Hrafn

This forum has to be one of the few places on the web where someone can post a string of 4-digit numbers, and members will say to themselves "ah yes, that brings back good memories."

The last set I got before my dark ages was the 8868, and that ranks as one of my favourite sets, obviously:-)

Of the later sets, I too must say the 8109 hits all the right spots! It's beautifully designed, and the functions are truly brilliant!

Also 8455 is absolutely perfect!

As for favourite of the ones I've never gotten my hands on,I would have to say Control Centre II for studded and the crawler crane for studless

My Top 14: all of the following are probably unbeatable (at least for me ;-):

and for smaller ones:

4090 (yes, you read right, thats technic - the main model, this "flying bird" is absolutely amazing)

8002 (yes, you read right again, that's technic too - the rubberband-driven unfolding mechanism of the Star wars Droid is pure magic - kudos to the designer)

Remark: The Unimog 8110 could be in this list but for me it has too many serious drawbacks - in a modded version i would rank it as one of the top models ever

This forum has to be one of the few places on the web where someone can post a string of 4-digit numbers, and members will say to themselves "ah yes, that brings back good memories."

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by Kumbbl

I have just finished building the 8439 Set.

A really nice one. Imho much better than the newer 8265, which I sold recently.

Looks perfect on the shelf near to 8455, which is one of my favourites too.

Other ones...

"42000 Hot Rod"

Edited by dragofoscar

All 3 combined, including shipping (3 different sellers on bricklink), was about 230 euros.

After i got them i polished and washed all bricks. Had to replace some, but now they are in as good condition as possible for 30 year old lego sets. They look and feel like new.

Nice, were my child favorites too .... still all on display here... ;-)

BTW: the Unimog 8848 is still one of my favorites among the small/midsized sets...

8848 was/is by far one of my favorite sets of all time. No idea why. It has a certain fascination and the way they made all the functions work is truly amazing for 1980.