Hello !!

l got curios what's everyone's favorite lego technic sets ?? my favorites are the Mini Backhoe loader,the of road racer,moto cross bike,the race car and the mini tracked crane sets what's your favorite sets ??

P.S sorry if it is in the wrong section l'm new to the forums

Edited by Legofan225

Hey l noticed that 8110 Unimog U400 takes very long to build yes ?? becoz on this video l noticed that this set has so much pieces

Edited by Legofan225

I think mine is 8848 - Super Street Car, about a 1/3 of the way down on this page I have done a small write up on it. http://mizibunktechnic.blogspot.com.au/p/my-technic-collection.html

If we expand this to include MOC's and C/D models built using only a single set then I would say either of these two:

http://mizibunktechnic.blogspot.com.au/p/mbt-open-wheel-sports-car-c-model-of.html

http://mizibunktechnic.blogspot.com.au/p/8461-d-model-nathanael-kuipers-nk-sport.html

Lego Pneumatic Front End Loader - Set 8439. Wish I never sold it to buy the actuated version.8439-1.1134260722.jpg

My personal top 5:

-8868 Air Tech Claw Rig: although it may look dated, I think this is still the best pneumatic set ever released. I found the controlling of the crane better than the Unimog.

-8479 Barcode Truck: a complicated build with lots of gears. First time I built this I placed one piece wrong, didn't control the gear movements, and ended up disassembling half the vehicle to get the error out. A very good use of the Flex system and unique in the barcode way of programming. Unfortunately the motor in my copy broke.

-8880 Super Car: IMO still the best supercar ever. Gearbox to change gears instead of functions, like it should. The set that brought me out of my Dark Age.

-8485 Control Center II: in my opinion even better than 8479. The chopper is nice, the T-rex is unique and uses the Flex system. I might buy a second copy.

-8480 Space Shuttle: Very unique, very complicated and I think this is the single best TECHNIC set and one of the best overall.

Two other great sets:

8460/8431/8438 Pneumatic Crane Truck: while smaller than 8421, I think this uses it's size better. Not motorized, but better outriggers and a gear to slew the crane.

8459/8464/8439 Pneumatic Front End Loader: a great pneumatic set with which I played often when I visited my cousin. I think many agree with me this is the best front loader.

8439 is also one of my favorites, great for demonstrating pneumatics, also 8285 towtruck, 8455 backhoe, and 42006 I really enjoy as it works really well, and 8275 bulldozer.

My personal top 5:

-8868 Air Tech Claw Rig: although it may look dated, I think this is still the best pneumatic set ever released. I found the controlling of the crane better than the Unimog.

-8479 Barcode Truck: a complicated build with lots of gears. First time I built this I placed one piece wrong, didn't control the gear movements, and ended up disassembling half the vehicle to get the error out. A very good use of the Flex system and unique in the barcode way of programming. Unfortunately the motor in my copy broke.

-8880 Super Car: IMO still the best supercar ever. Gearbox to change gears instead of functions, like it should. The set that brought me out of my Dark Age.

-8485 Control Center II: in my opinion even better than 8479. The chopper is nice, the T-rex is unique and uses the Flex system. I might buy a second copy.

-8480 Space Shuttle: Very unique, very complicated and I think this is the single best TECHNIC set and one of the best overall.

Two other great sets:

8460/8431/8438 Pneumatic Crane Truck: while smaller than 8421, I think this uses it's size better. Not motorized, but better outriggers and a gear to slew the crane.

8459/8464/8439 Pneumatic Front End Loader: a great pneumatic set with which I played often when I visited my cousin. I think many agree with me this is the best front loader.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm going to have to go with the Flatbed 8109. I love movement of the bed but how the tow fork folds out is what really leaves me in awe.

Edited by tbird8057

Mine is the 8872, Tractor unit with low loader trailer and forklift. (early 90's model)

1st place goes to 8258 Crane Truck because it looks just like the real thing. The design is awesome.

2nd place goes to 8043 because of it's unique gearbox and full RC.

PS: 8265 is a great model too, 2009 was a great year for Technic Models.

My vote would have to be 8455 :wub:

On the good side, it work like a backhoe :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

On the bad side , the air hoses make it a very complex build and the manual air pumps :thumbdown:

Edited by Phantom59

9396 Helicopter! I have also Unimog and Crane Truck - but heli provided the best assembling experience so far (it has some unique mechanisms).

As for my favourite, it has to be a dead heat I'm afraid.

The 8258 holds a special place in my heart as it was the first set I ever built & so does the 8043 as it gave me the biggest sense of achievement due to its complexity.

Edited by grum64

I have no clue :grin: (I like them all :classic: (of the one's I have)) Although, if I had to pick one, it would be the 8292 Cherry Picker. My first reasonably big Technic set :classic:

Hey guys !! u can l ask which set is better ?? Lego technic Hovercraft or The Race car set becoz l'm planning to buy a next set and my were first is the Lego Technic set is the mini Backhoe loader(one of my favorite's)

My favorites:

8258 Crane Truck

8110 Unimog

8043 Excavator

I'm sure that list is about to change once I get my hands on the crane and service truck.

Hey guys !! u can l ask which set is better ?? Lego technic Hovercraft or The Race car set becoz l'm planning to buy a next set and my were first is the Lego Technic set is the mini Backhoe loader(one of my favorite's)

The hovercraft gets my vote. It comes with a fake engine and some gears. The race car set only has the pull-back motor.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

The hovercraft gets my vote. It comes with a fake engine and some gears. The race car set only has the pull-back motor.

Agreed :classic:

I currently have 8069 Backhoe Loader, 9392 Quad Bike, 9393 Tractor and 8110 Unimog U400. I dunno if I can cal any of them favorites, it would have to be the backhoe if any. That's the first one I bought, and the only one I really bought for the model.

The tractor comes in that category too, but it's too small to be a favorite IMO. The quad and the Unimog I basically got for parts.

I will get the 42009 Mobile Crane MK II sometimes, I guess that will become my fav.