How Many 41999 Crawler Sets Will You Buy? What Will You Do With Them?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting a FREE 41999 set from The Lego Group, because you were among the Top 100 Vote-getters in the Lego Technic "You Design It, We Make It" competition?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. IF YOU ARE getting a free 41999 set from The Lego Group, are you going to purchase one or more additional 41999 sets?

• NOT APPLICABLE; I'm not getting a free set. [Move on to the next question]
    • Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
  3. 3. How many 41999 sets do you intend to PURCHASE, once they are available? Note that you must have available MONEY on hand to purchase them.

• NONE (either because I'm getting one free or because I'm not interested in this set).
    • 11 or more
  4. 4. In your opinion, what is the MAXIMUM number of 41999 sets that SHOULD BE sold by Shop.Lego.com to one household, to ensure availability to the maximum number of Lego Technic fans?

• 11 or more; let the "free market" determine who gets them.
  5. 5. How quickly do you think the 20,000 Limited Edition sets will be "sold out", once they are available on Shop.Lego.com?

• Within a few hours
    • Within 1/2 day
    • Within 1 day
    • WIthin 2 days
    • Within 1/2 week
    • Within 1 week
    • Within 2 weeks
    • Within 3 weeks
    • Within 4 weeks
    • 1-2 months
    • More than 2 months
  6. 6. Are you concerned that you will not have an adequate opportunity to purchase the 41999 set BECAUSE THEY MIGHT BE SOLD OUT QUICKLY?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Are you concerned that you will not have an adequate opportunity to purchase the 41999 set BECAUSE RESELLERS WILL BUY TOO MANY AND JUST SELL THEM FOR A PROFIT ON eBay, Bricklink, or other sites?

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Are you concerned that you will not have an adequate opportunity to purchase the 41999 set BECAUSE SHOP.LEGO.COM IS NOT AVAILABLE IN MY COUNTRY?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Why are you wanting to buy the 41999 4x4 Crawler set? Click on one or more answers for your PRIMARY reason(s):

• NOT APPLICABLE -- I'm not going to buy this set (either because I'm getting one free, or because I'm not interested in this set).
    • Because it's a good value for the money
    • Because it's a Limited Edition set
    • Because it contains rare DARK BLUE Lego Technic parts
    • Because it contains METALLIC SILVER Lego Technic parts
    • Because it has the new, 6-hole Lego Technic wheels with white rims
    • Because it has the new, curved Lego Technic Panel having multiple pin holes
    • Because I can sell it later for a profit
    • Because of the cool box design
  10. 10. Will you actually BUILD your 41999 set?

• NOT APPLICABLE -- I'm not getting this set
    • No -- I want to keep it in a "Mint In Sealed Box" (MISB) condition and keep it for myself
    • No, I want to resell it to others
    • Yes

You may have seen the detailed reviews of the upcoming 41999 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition Set. Written by rm8, Masked Builder, and Conchas), these reviews may have convinced you whether or not to buy one or more 41999s when available on Shop.Lego.com in August 2013. Only 20,000 have been made.

This is a private poll -- your answers cannot be identified as being from you. Please reply in an honest, truthful manner; you can come back later and change your answers if you wish. Thank you.

9196813338_f594622e06_c.jpgblogger-image-47143819.jpgblogger-image--455992608.jpgblogger-image-1872894656.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I am the one who going to buy as many sets as I can.

Reason is simple - Russia dont have official Lego stores incl S&H. Many russian fans asked me about this set, and I am going to buy them and then to resell. Yes I will resell them at higher price, but only to cover all transport expences + little time and nerves compensation. I will make more money just selling parts at my parts store, than selling sets (shipping big boxes is a big problem cause of packing....)

I am going to help Russian fans who supported me in this challenge.

I also want to present 2 sets to my and wife's parents and buy some sets to my schoolmates who,never played LEGO but strongly asked me to buy them this sets.

I dont know yet how to realize my idea. If someone can help me with buying and then shipping to me this sets I will be glad and thankful (incl. financial). May be someone here has its own bricklink shop and shipping is not problem for him - write me p.m.

Edited by rm8

@ rm8: Of course (since you are the designer of this set), you should be able to obtain as many 41999 sets as you would like! :classic: Maybe your contacts at The Lego Group could "set aside" some of them for you....

All of them, in order to build a crawler army that can take over the world.

:laugh:

I personally won't be getting this set, as if prefer to spend my money on the crane which has more parts for MOC'ing. Also, if I did buy this set I wouldn't have the heart to rip it down into an MOC, so even though it is a very nice model, it isn't suitable for me :grin:

I do however, feel there should be a cap of 2 sets per household (except for rm8, he should be allowed some more :thumbup: ), to avoid companies mass buying then selling for ridiculous profit in a few years. This kind of set REALLY shouldn't be just kept MISB. It should be built, and displayed with pride. Re-sellers just would not do that... :sceptic:

Edited by legomuppet9

Buying it for the joy of building the set as with all the sets i buy. Getting it in Norway will probably be hard but i will try :) Only getting one for my self and my collection :)

I think Lego should limit to one each. This way resellers won't get a chance. I even see webshops offering the set for presale...

Such limit from Lego will make it harder - but not impossible - to buy more than one set - unfortunately... I am afraid that I will not manage to get one for myself :(. Do we know the EXACT release date/time for this beauty? Will it be available in all s@h regions at the same time?

I agree. 1 per buyer is fair when there's only 20.000 in total.

I'm not gonna buy it because I don't have such an interest in cars that I feel it's worth it. The only reason would be the dark blue parts.

But it is a really nice looking set.

Do we know the EXACT release date/time for this beauty? Will it be available in all s@h regions at the same time?

We don't know for sure yet -- continue to monitor the Lego Technic Designers Blog for more information from Jeppe Juul Jensen in the coming days. ts.20130523T114014.Jeppe%20Juul%20Jensen.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I will get it for the top 100 and will build it. It will proboably keep it built together forever, as its such a rare and special set. I trully despise people who will stock on them only to resell them at profit and think TLG should limit to MAX 2 sets/person.

Hi

@Dluders: you really deserve some extra-points/spare-bricks from the adminstrator for your effort here posting that poll. :)

Many thanks, this is exactly what i am interested in.

@ rm8: I was wondering who clicked on "many purchases". Now this makes absolutel sense because you might be one of the few russian that will have "easier acesse" tp those nice sets. Good way to support your local supporters!

Dino

I want this set soo badly, I will only buy one as I don't have much money and it'll probably be my only ever big set for that reason. I think I should make this my first big set because it is so special and one day I MIGHT (if I have the heart to) break it down to make some awesome MOC's because this set has some really awesome parts!

I doubt I will be able to buy one of these mammoth sets. It's brilliant and I would love to have one but it will probably be out of my price range for now. However, If I did by one I would have no problem using it's parts for other things as I don't have space to keep my sets assembled. I can see why some people buy two of their sets to have one on show and the other for parts. 41999 is a great set.

H

I doubt I will be able to buy one of these mammoth sets. It's brilliant and I would love to have one but it will probably be out of my price range for now. However, If I did by one I would have no problem using it's parts for other things as I don't have space to keep my sets assembled. I can see why some people buy two of their sets to have one on show and the other for parts. 41999 is a great set.

H

Whilst I'm here. if I were able to get one I would not buy off ebay or other auction etc site. I would want a fresh set direct from lego. With that in mind I probably won't be able to get my hands on it. I will just have to make my own. To those who do buy, or get 41999 for free, well done and enjoy it. I'm very jeolous but will get over it. Look forward to the videos and moc images.

H

I'm getting one as the top 100, and I'm going to build it like any other set. I mean, it's something that's meant to be built, right? I'm probably not going to get another, as I want 42009 more than a duplicate crawler.

I will be buying one for sure, and I will be finding a permanent home for it on my shelves because I like the design so much.

Would love to buy one, but financials are a bit uncertain, and i'm not sure if this is the kind of set i like to own.

I love the looks of it, and the rare color and stuff...

Argh, who am i kidding. Would love to have one

Note that you must have available MONEY on hand to purchase them.

No shit, seriously? The thought had NEVER occured to me!

I'm hoping too for 1 set/person :sadnew: , and when I get it I will off course build it. I think lego is a hobby, it's not for making money :sceptic: