DanSto

Mosaic : The Hobbit, there and back again

For the Fana'briques 2013 show, I have designed a 294 x 96 mosaic based on the Hobbit movie :

mosaic_the_hobbit.JPG

It uses 3 colours (black, dark grey and light grey) on white 48x48 baseplates.

The building has been done in one day helped by a couple of friends (Sandra and Sébastien B.), my son Alexandre and my wife Clara : SCASD.

Enjoy.

Edited by DanSto

That's a really big mosaic. :look::thumbup: Loving the picture you chose. It looks so clean in black and white, but nonetheless brilliant. Great work.

You are aware that picture is gandalf with alot of Gimlis and have nothing to do with the hobbit movies right? also There and back again is the 2014 movie.

You are aware that picture is gandalf with alot of Gimlis and have nothing to do with the hobbit movies right? also There and back again is the 2014 movie.

Well, the sub-title is actually the book's subtitle, which encompasses all three movies, so it's okay, I guess. And what do you mena by ''a lot of Gimlis''? I think it's pretty clear that the figures represent Gandlas + 13 dwarfs + a hobbit...

On-topic, DanSto, awesome mosaic :thumbup:

Well, the sub-title is actually the book's subtitle, which encompasses all three movies, so it's okay, I guess. And what do you mena by ''a lot of Gimlis''? I think it's pretty clear that the figures represent Gandlas + 13 dwarfs + a hobbit...

On-topic, DanSto, awesome mosaic :thumbup:

The photo is using a lot of sllhouettes of gimli, its not official art for the movie, its a fan compilated picture to mimic what they did for LOTR. http://hopewriter.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/lord-of-the-rings-fellowship-of-the-ring-the-silhouettes.jpg

When I saw those helmets I didn't really care about the lego. :grin: They look awesome! Great mosaic.

Well, my mosaic is directly inspired by this picture :

the-hobbit-movies.jpg

I removed the backgound mountain and changed the position of the words. For me, "There and Back again" describes the whole story :wink: .

The photo is using a lot of sllhouettes of gimli, its not official art for the movie, its a fan compilated picture to mimic what they did for LOTR. http://hopewriter.fi...silhouettes.jpg

That's true, but it doesn't mean he did anything wrong... IMO, the silhouettes were photographed/manipulated well enough that it's obvious these are different dwarfs...

For me, "There and Back again" describes the whole story :wink: .

This. :classic:

When I saw those helmets I didn't really care about the lego. :grin: They look awesome! Great mosaic.

Yes, one exhibitor took these helmets with him and they found a nice place under the mosaic.

Edited by DanSto

That's really cool. I love seeing mosaics. I wish I had the time (and pieces) and talent to accomplish one. This looks almost identical to the source picture, so job well done there.

Simply a masterpiece! An extraordinary scene that sends a clear message. Way to go!