yesterday i felt like i wanted to build the MKII

and so i did...

Features:

- 1 RC motor

- RTC steering via M motor

- Front independent suspensions

- Rear live axle

2mmbw52.jpg

It's really simple, the concept was to use the less beams possible to keep it light...

So i bult almost everything with axles and connectors...it weighs 412g and it's pretty fast.

BUT

there's a problem...as the RC motor is very powerful, in some overstress cirumstances, the little 12t gears tend to break...that's why i called it "The Gearsbreaker"

2z6i7p5.jpg

well there's not too much to add to the pictures you can see ^^

tonight im gonna upload the video to show its performances

10ehopt.jpg

a9lllk.jpg

2j4a7eo.jpg

Edited by piterx

oh yes it is :D except when one of the two gears breaks lol

i made it just to have something to play with while im planning my next big model :sweet:

AWESOME! I'm about to make a small RC rally car inspired by your little rally chassis and rm8's boss crawler! I'm using an XL motor for drive though, hopefully that won't break any gears! :P

I would expect the CV joint to go first :sceptic: I've had multiple models where the gray end expands from torque and becomes unusable, then again I was using two buggy motors

Good work! About gear braking, maybe use a 12 and 20 tooth gear combo? It will be slower, but less strain on the 12 tooth gear. P.S. where did you get the chrome pin joiners?

thanx guys :)

I would expect the CV joint to go first :sceptic: I've had multiple models where the gray end expands from torque and becomes unusable, then again I was using two buggy motors

yeah i was expecting that too...incredibly it's like brand new!

Good work! About gear braking, maybe use a 12 and 20 tooth gear combo? It will be slower, but less strain on the 12 tooth gear. P.S. where did you get the chrome pin joiners?

eh i couldn't change gears with the axle i made :sceptic:

i got the chrome pin joiners on www.mangiobricks.it....they have lot of them but are quite expensive :sweet:

in some overstress cirumstances, the little 16t gears tend to break

These are 12t gears, not 16t gears, and as anyone can tell you, they are paper-thin. You could solve this using knob gears instead.

These are 12t gears, not 16t gears, and as anyone can tell you, they are paper-thin. You could solve this using knob gears instead.

edited :blush:

yeah i thought about using knob gears but i should have changed the rear axle to do it...

not a problem anymore because it's been dismounted to build another similar redneck thing xD an italian redneck thing :laugh:

btw im editing the video, i'll upload it in a while

Neat! I like that you've used axles and connectors. A sort of tubular frame.

H

I would also suggest trying another type of linkage than those tiny little 12t gears. I have seen a design before that uses both a 12t and 20t bevel gears on the same axle, thus there are two sets of gears meshing each other at once.

tim

i completely forgot to upload the video to youtube these days lol!

here it is!

i had some things to do so i did a fast editing... :sweet:

YEAH! omg that poor camera!!

Great drive, with awesome skids! Nice video showcasing your model.

It sure looks light and fast. Great job as always. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: